BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 hours ago, bluebruce said:

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-curtis-portsmouth-rumour-20542170

It's cute that Cowley thinks we aren't a bigger club than Portsmouth. And that, by implication of what he is saying, neither are the likes of Forest, Derby, Norwich etc.

Yeah, he’s well wide of the mark with that one (if he genuinely thinks that of course). But either way it’d be nice to have a manager who talked up Rovers like he’s doing for Portsmouth, instead of Midtable Mowbray calling Boro and Stoke massive clubs and saying things like ‘Shearer and Sutton aren’t here anymore’. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

More pertinently, it doesn't sound from that as though Cowley would be crawling over broken glass to come here as manager if Mowbray were to be replaced.

I have consistently said that posters on here significantly overestimate the appeal of the Rovers job to in demand managers like Cowley as long as the present owners are in situ.

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I have consistently said that posters on here significantly overestimate the appeal of the Rovers job to in demand managers like Cowley as long as the present owners are in situ.

££££££.

37 minutes ago, frosty said:

Yeah, he’s well wide of the mark with that one (if he genuinely thinks that of course). But either way it’d be nice to have a manager who talked up Rovers like he’s doing for Portsmouth, instead of Midtable Mowbray calling Boro and Stoke massive clubs and saying things like ‘Shearer and Sutton aren’t here anymore’. 

Exactly, that's what the manager of our Club should be doing - talking Blackburn Rovers up.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If we were to offer Danny Cowley the job tomorrow morning promising the same time and backing that Mowbray has had then he would join IV no doubt.

Mowbray has had 4 year and hasn't been forced to sell a player and has been backed.Id imagine plenty of managers would be interested

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Sadly no likelihood of that either

You might be right but hypothetically were it to happen the conversation would go something like this:

Balaji: "So Danny £1m p.a. plus a healthy bonus in the event of promotion to the Premier League".

Cowley: "Done, what a dream job for me, Blackburn Rovers fantastic history, Premier League facilities, Cat 1 Academy etc etc"

• Like 6

2 hours ago, frosty said:

And, if they were, Chris Sutton, would be playing on the left!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frosty said:

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Exactly, that's what the manager of our Club should be doing - talking Blackburn Rovers up.

The craziest part is, if we played Portsmouth, Mowbray would probably be agreeing with Crowley!

• Like 3

Can't wait for Mowbray to cry/complain about us having no money to spend < Sell Armstrong for £30m > complaining that clubs are asking for too much money as they know we have sold Armstrong.

= 5 loans, 3 free transfers, 1 £400,000 signing (and 3 ex boro players) as the £15m* transfer fund disappears forever.

Can't wait.

• Like 2

I have been told today that Bell is not getting a new deal and will leave with Evans, Holtby and Downing along with the loan players returning to their parent clubs. Johnson has been offered a new one year deal. The person who told me thought Bennett had been offered a new deal but couldn't be certain. He also said there is a strong possibility that Nyambe played his last match for us today.

I can see us trying for Assombalonga this summer. Been interested before at 8m+, now on a free. He looked like the answer at that time, but probably not now 2 or 3 seasons later. Wouldn't mind him at the club at all, but he isn't going to notch 20+ goals.

The wages were what put us off back then weren't they? And I expect they'll be higher now without a transfer fee. I expect us to spend half the window trying to sign him as the Arma replacement for half the wages he wants, then some other Championship club coming in and getting him. Meanwhile a few players who would have been good signings on our budget will be snaffled up and we will loan an 18 year old striker from City or Liverpool and hope he does the job.

Then again, maybe not, as I don't expect Armstrong to even move until about a week left on the window, so it will probably be straight to the youngsters at that point.

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I have been told today that Bell is not getting a new deal and will leave with Evans, Holtby and Downing along with the loan players returning to their parent clubs. Johnson has been offered a new one year deal. The person who told me thought Bennett had been offered a new deal but couldn't be certain. He also said there is a strong possibility that Nyambe played his last match for us today.

That (Bell) would be contrary to the LT's recent report, but they do get some stuff wrong these days.

I'm not interested in Johnson, would rather he left. Smashes it for a few games a season and then a complete passer-by for the rest. Not cheap either, should be moved on. It better be a pay drop offer at least.

I've wanted to see the back of Bennett for a long time, and ideally I still do. But I do wonder with the amount of players leaving if we might want to keep a versatile player who is normally fit, as a cheap (hopefully) bench option (though obviously I'd rather someone better). We do have a lot of business to do, with a brand new head of recruitment and a bungling manager, with owners who move in slow motion during transfer windows. It's far from certain we will get all bases covered.

But if we were to assume we will, yeh, I'd rather say adios. Nice bloke, great work ethic, not a good footballer anymore.

Nyambe hasn't looked interested for a couple of months or so. The barnstorming runs are gone, errors at the back creeping in. Not at all surprised to hear it's expected he will leave, I think it has been expected at the club for a while. Probably trigger the extension then court bids.

Edited by bluebruce

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Johnson shouldn't get a deal, and Bennett just needs a job. Sad, if true, about Nyambe.

The way I see it we'll need a new winger to replace Elliot, another centre-half again to compensate for the flaky legs of our current ones, new central midfielders, a new right-back depending on Nyambe and JRC's contracts and probably a new striker although I'd like to see someone step up in that position.

32 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can see us trying for Assombalonga this summer

Rumours is he is off to Rangers or to a club in Turkey. Can't see us being able to afford his wages either and not someone I want us to sign. I rather go for Lawrence Shankland from Dundee United or Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley. 

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That (Bell) would be contrary to the LT's recent report, but they do get some stuff wrong these days.

I'm not interested in Johnson, would rather he left. Smashes it for a few games a season and then a complete passer-by for the rest. Not cheap either, should be moved on. It better be a pay drop offer at least.

I've wanted to see the back of Bennett for a long time, and ideally I still do. But I do wonder with the amount of players leaving if we might want to keep a versatile player who is normally fit, as a cheap (hopefully) bench option (though obviously I'd rather someone better). We do have a lot of business to do, with a brand new head of recruitment and a bungling manager, with owners who move in slow motion during transfer windows. It's far from certain we will get all bases covered.

But if we were to assume we will, yeh, I'd rather say adios. Nice bloke, great work ethic, not a good footballer anymore.

Nyambe hasn't looked interested for a couple of months or so. The barnstorming runs are gone, errors at the back creeping in. Not at all surprised to hear it's expected he will leave, I think it has been expected at the club for a while. Probably trigger the extension then court bids.

Looking at Bennett's social media post after today game I got the impression he was leaving the club. 

I wouldn't offered new terms to Johnson or Bell. 

Its will be interesting who we appoint as the new head of recruitment and whether that person will be more data focus then before. 

Appointing a new manager/head coach is a must. must be first business of the summer and done by end of May 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rumours is he is off to Rangers or to a club in Turkey. Can't see us being able to afford his wages either and not someone I want us to sign. I rather go for Lawrence Shankland from Dundee United or Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley. 

Why on earth would you want Shankland, he's League 1 standard at best. I you want a decent striker from Scotland then Kevin Nisbet is a far far better player.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

Why on earth would you want Shankland, he's League 1 standard at best. I you want a decent striker from Scotland then Kevin Nisbet is a far far better player.

Maybe he could be worth a look. But think Shankland could be good signing but I not a follower of Scottish football. Thats why our Recruitment department comes into play and will hopefully have a few names of we could target to replace Armstrong with

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe he could be worth a look. But think Shankland could be good signing but I not a follower of Scottish football. Thats why our Recruitment department comes into play and will hopefully have a few names of we could target to replace Armstrong with

What makes you so keen for us to sign Shankland if you dont watch or follow Scottish football?

• Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

What makes you so keen for us to sign Shankland if you dont watch or follow Scottish football?

The videos Ive seen of him, a detailed scouting report that I read on him last summer that someone did, Plus speaking to a couple of following Rovers fans who watch him a fair bit. 

He is just one of a few suggestions I have

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The videos Ive seen of him, a detailed scouting report that I read on him last summer that someone did, Plus speaking to a couple of following Rovers fans who watch him a fair bit. 

He is just one of a few suggestions I have

Before this season though he had never played above Scottish Championship, which is probably on a par with our National League. This season in his first season in the top flight he hasn't set the world alight. The Scottish Premiership is a much weaker league than the Championship as well, take some like Devante Cole (who is the same age as Shankland) he has never really done anything down here, yet for Motherwell this season he has looked an good player.