BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

9 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Christ I’m glad your not looking after us, our players coming back from injury would be scared shitless in case they didn’t perform. See what he’s like after half a dozen more games.

I think JRC looked really ordinary (at best) pre injury.

Are we allowed to say that.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Why bother suggesting players who you have no idea about.🤷‍♂️ 

Sigh... at least Chaddy's trying to engender conversation on the transfer thread whereas you can best be described as the grim reaper of the message board.

Love to see you suggest some names yourself. Let's see how well yours stand up to scrutiny.

• Like 3

Saw in today's game everything that is wrong with the policy of bringing in youngsters from Prem League Clubs. 

Our own playersike Buckley and Dolan will miss out on vital experience and game time at the expense of those two clowns we've paid money to bring in from Liverpool and Leeds.

Meanwhile you also have to ask what Park's role at the Club is, does he not have any contacts of his own, or hidden gems bookmarked after a lifetime in the game which would prevent us from having to go down our normal route of simply picking whatever crumbs are left off the Premier League loan table at the end of the window?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

You are allowed to say that but it is complete nonsense. JRC is our best player imo. Our form falls away when he is missing. 

Bloody hell.

Edit: Not fit to lace Nyambe's boots and even worse at LB.

Might be a bit better further forward but we haven't seen much of him there at senior level yet.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Sigh... at least Chaddy's trying to engender conversation on the transfer thread whereas you can best be described as the grim reaper of the message board.

Love to see you suggest some names yourself. Let's see how well yours stand up to scrutiny.

I have done.  I like Willy Clarke- Arse at Posh, always liked Gary Mackay Steven although a winger, Boyce at Hearts looks OK.  Christian Doidge has always scored goals.

I can confirm I have seen them all. 

For the midfield which is lacking a bit, Dylan McGeouch.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Saw in today's game everything that is wrong with the policy of bringing in youngsters from Prem League Clubs. 

Our own playersike Buckley and Dolan will miss out on vital experience and game time at the expense of those two clowns we've paid money to bring in from Liverpool and Leeds.

Meanwhile you also have to ask what Park's role at the Club is, does he not have any contacts of his own, or hidden gems bookmarked after a lifetime in the game which would prevent us from having to go down our normal route of simply picking whatever crumbs are left off the Premier League loan table at the end of the window?

Clowns seems a bit strong... They're just young lads trying to get some experience

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I just leave him to it.. Mods asked me to put him on ignore and I have kept my end of the deal. 

I was always try to engage the transfer conservation on here. 

Mention months ago that I would look to Cauley Woodrow from Barnsley as my first choice to replace Armstrong but that's looks unlikely for several different reasons. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Still even if you feel that way I don't see how that makes Clarkson and Poveda clowns?

Everyone's taking the term "clown" a bit too literally, it's a throwaway comment intended to describe two players completely out of their depth rather than being an accurate description of their personal characteristics.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Everyone's taking the term "clown" a bit too literally, it's a throwaway comment intended to describe two players completely out of their depth rather than being an accurate description of their personal characteristics.

Completely out of their depth?You know this after watching the game today?So one game enough to judge.

They may be only loans ,them being here may mean that our own get less minutes but does that make them bad players?

Poveda got promoted with Leeds and came off the bench a number of times in the premier league so don't see how he will be out of his depth playing in the championship with us?

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's never we "will" do X Y or Z with Mowbray.

Always "hoping to" etc etc.

And why on earth would he publicly admit he 'd sell some of our players for half of what he thinks they're worth?

Out of all the ludicrous comments he's made in recent. months that particular one has to be the worst and most damaging.

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And why on earth would he publicly admit he 'd sell some of our players for half of what he thinks they're worth?

Out of all the ludicrous comments he's made in recent. months that particular one has to be the worst and most damaging.

His point was everybody overvalues their own players

You really are desperate to find things to hammer him on 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

His point was everybody overvalues their own players

You really are desperate to find things to hammer him on 

He admitted he'd sell some of our players for half  what he values them at!!!!

Tantamount to saying "Everything must go, come and grab yourself a bargain."

Thankfully he's left it a bit late in the window and hopefully he won't be around to do any more damage beyond the end of the season at worst.

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The two Brighton lads and one other?

One must be a permanent striker. Who? no idea. Is it worth going for player age 25 to 28 years old or striker around 21 to 24 years old we develop and improve, 

what else do we need?

another centre back? 

right back if Nyambe's injury problems continue? 

back up left back? 

another wide option? 

do we really need a centre midfielder? not for me 

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

because the transfer market isn't straight forward. 

Your signings depends on other teams selling their players