BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, Traviscon said:

We cannot let a full back go out on loan right now. We have Pickering and Nyambe and that's it. That area needs to be added to before we sanction loans. 

I'd let Pike go out - he prefers Carter at RB to him. Let him go get some game time against men.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

725E36E2-0A9A-48C1-AEBA-6FE284966AB8.jpegLet’s not keep dumbing down how good our own kids are

It's not a proper yardstick as the top 10 premier league clubs 17/18/19s all go out on loan.  In essence we are playing against the ones they will probably let go.  Accys U23s beat citeh 6-1 the other week🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

725E36E2-0A9A-48C1-AEBA-6FE284966AB8.jpeg

Let’s not keep dumbing down how good our own kids are

I don't think we are Miller11 as such. Just look at how many players we have in our squad that have come through our academy/under 23's structure. Nyambe, Lenihan, Wharton, Carter, Travis, Buckley, Rankin-Costello. 

Now, I am not a huge fan of signing alot of loan players and would prefer just a couple of them but if they help us this season and stay up and finish mid table then its just job done. I would prefer a couple permanent signings before the deadline on Tuesday 11pm but its look like just one with 2 more loan signings but Maybe if Mowbray had managed his signings much better and signed better over the last 2 years we might not be in this mess. 

Also do you agree that Vale and McBride would benefit us more long term by having a full season at league 1 or 2 playing regular first team football instead of the under 23's

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Haven't they scored 5 between them in the first month? So they're a quarter of the way there already to your target (they'll surpass it). 

We need an option off the bench upfront. We absolutely don't need a Rhodes - great at what he does, but can't move. Give me a big lump or a quick lad (or ideally someone that combines both!) to change things up / give Brereton and Gallagher a rest. 

Brereton has scored 3 goals and Gallagher 2 goals in our first 5 games and we got 8 points on the board and are mid table. 

I think we need a striker who has pace as the permanent striker signing. 

Don't need a Rhodes type striker

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Haven't they scored 5 between them in the first month? So they're a quarter of the way there already to your target (they'll surpass it). 

We need an option off the bench upfront. We absolutely don't need a Rhodes - great at what he does, but can't move. Give me a big lump or a quick lad (or ideally someone that combines both!) to change things up / give Brereton and Gallagher a rest. 

For me we need a guaranteed starter, a striker that can chip in with an absolute minimum of half Armstrong's goals. A "Rhodes type" would be ideal if he can do that.

We absolutely do not need either "a big lump" or a speedboat that can't find the back of the net. Goalscorers are in short demand but that's why Mowbray and his team are paid the big bucks, to unearth the players we need.

They're not paid to say "we tried our best but couldn't get anyone in". Armstrong shouldn't have been sold without a ready made replacement lined up and ready to come in. In much the same way as Raya shouldn't have been sold without a decent replacement being sourced first either.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In a sentence he said Ayala was a good defender but wasn’t a good fit for our possession based passing game. That’s after he’d signed him on a three year contract.

Good. Ayala will be worth every penny if he stops Mowbray playing that tepid possession shite.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, pomster said:

Mowbray is freezing out Nyambe until his contract expires. If thats not bitternes i dont know what is

I like your style.

The big issue isn't really whether the loanees are good enough etc, it's more that they aren't our players. Our squad, as in the number of players we OWN, is shocking and with contracts running down for most of OUR first team players (all 2 years or less) we are not looking good for the future. We could end up losing several players at the end of the season, plus the loan players and be in an even worse position come next season. TM and Waggot should be shot for allowing this to happen and their mismanagement is going to cost us dear. Just look at AA he should have been tied down before the start of last season with only 2 years left, it just makes sense. We've all seen a well run club before with JW and there's no way he would have allowed so many of our assets to have their contracts run so low, we're forced to accept buttons for them. Yes if happens but All of them? We could end up back in league one and without the players to get us back,
Which would be a disaster.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

For me we need a guaranteed starter, a striker that can chip in with an absolute minimum of half Armstrong's goals. A "Rhodes type" would be ideal if he can do that.

We absolutely do not need either "a big lump" or a speedboat that can't find the back of the net. Goalscorers are in short demand but that's why Mowbray and his team are paid the big bucks, to unearth the players we need.

They're not paid to say "we tried our best but couldn't get anyone in". Armstrong shouldn't have been sold without a ready made replacement lined up and ready to come in. In much the same way as Raya shouldn't have been sold without a decent replacement being sourced first either.

Don't forget this is Rovers were talking about 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In a sentence he said Ayala was a good defender but wasn’t a good fit for our possession based passing game. That’s after he’d signed him on a three year contract.

i saw that, another Mowbrayism that is more likely to just unnecessarily confuse and effect the confidance of one of our own players (players Mowbray himself signed! as you said) 

Tony Mowbrays mouth is currently this clubs biggest liability and weakness. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We need a striker in but a Rhodes type isn't what we need. We need a striker with pace and can finish. Rovers should have idenfity who this player/shortlist is and should have had one by now. 

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Armstrong shouldn't have been sold without a ready made replacement lined up and ready to come in.

well Rovers and Mowbray wanted Obafemi and spent 2 weeks chasing him and after agreeing a fee supposedly we never have a chat with him. 

We wasted 2 weeks there chasing a player we never were going to get. 

Rovers should have a replacement line up if not ready to sign here when the Armstrong deal was done and confirm. Now we 2 and half weeks on we still have no permanent striker in to replace.  

5 hours ago, booth said:

Because we are expecting young lads to come in, with little to no experience and replace our own players and improve the team. Last year we struck lucky with two of them, but unlucky with the other. One of those was one in a million. If all of them are Branthwaite, we’re screwed.

We’ve just lost a prolific striker, as well as several others and we are replacing them with complete unknowns. Armstrong still hasn’t been replaced which is a big worry.

It’s pretty obvious based on recent history that the JA grand plan is still ongoing. This was always the plan as stated when Venkys took over, to keep the club ticking over with cheap loans. Madame Desai said it herself. And FFP has been a help for them with this, not a hindrance. It’s a perfect excuse.

It’s not about any one player or giving someone a chance, it’s about our overall transfer policy. Common knowledge of the game tells us it’s unsustainable.

We have spent money though and more at least comparably to similar sized clubs. The pandemic had been tough for many clubs and this window shows it. Obviously not the super clubs though, but that's another story.

Look we know the club is run badly in many ways. I think the squad is currently better than many ones we are had over the last 10 years. It compares very favourably. 

We would all love to be going out and signing a couple of 10 million players but the reality is is we have what, £5 million, max, probably less. We will probably sign better loan players than that would get us when you factor wages and everything. That's the unfortunate reality. 

I just think we should wait to see the players before deciding they are better or worse than what we have. 

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

725E36E2-0A9A-48C1-AEBA-6FE284966AB8.jpegLet’s not keep dumbing down how good our own kids are

Yet derby have signed a hit list of washed up players,rather than relying on youth. 

Let's be honest, it's night and day with men's football. At least 2/3 of the loans we have signed have senior experience at a high level and one has featured for one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Although I do think Mowbray is risk averse when it comes to signing foreign players. He would prefer to spend £5 million on an English lad, than £2 million on a foreign player. He has actually signed maybe what, 1-2 foreign players? Bit old school, obviously it's fine if it works like Burnley do mostly, but a lot of teams have relied on foreigners to do the business and get them out of the league.

@Revidge Blue I actually agree in many ways about someone like Rhodes..someone to put the ball in the net. Let the others run. Having said that I do think Gallagher should get a run there as he's our best bet there currently. He's not a winger. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yet derby have signed a hit list of washed up players,rather than relying on youth. 

Let's be honest, it's night and day with men's football. At least 2/3 of the loans we have signed have senior experience at a high level and one has featured for one of the biggest clubs in the world. 

Derby definitely resemble us under the Coyle summer in terms of desperate signings and trying to hang their hat on experience.

If they get through this season unscathed i'll be amazed and if you want badly run look no further. The worst thing they are doing is hanging on to that clueless big name in their dugout. 

Some of these people awash with money who own and run our football clubs couldn't run a bath. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have spent money though and more at least comparably to similar sized clubs. The pandemic had been tough for many clubs and this window shows it. Obviously not the super clubs though, but that's another story.

Look we know the club is run badly in many ways. I think the squad is currently better than many ones we are had over the last 10 years. It compares very favourably. 

We would all love to be going out and signing a couple of 10 million players but the reality is is we have what, £5 million, max, probably less. We will probably sign better loan players than that would get us when you factor wages and everything. That's the unfortunate reality. 

I just think we should wait to see the players before deciding they are better or worse than what we have. 

We spent money a while ago, and the money was badly spent when you look at the the return we've had from it - a lot of money in this league.

As I said I'm not bothered about £5m-10m players. As it stands we haven't spent a penny on a permanent signing yet. Would it be too much to ask for some decent championship players who can do a job? Other teams pick them up. An experienced midfielder? Or a decent replacement for Armstrong? (he's going to be very missed as the season goes on)

I can only guarantee one thing about the players we've brought in, they are inexperienced.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We need a striker in but a Rhodes type isn't what we need. We need a striker with pace and can finish. Rovers should have idenfity who this player/shortlist is and should have had one by now. 

well Rovers and Mowbray wanted Obafemi and spent 2 weeks chasing him and after agreeing a fee supposedly we never have a chat with him. 

We wasted 2 weeks there chasing a player we never were going to get. 

Rovers should have a replacement line up if not ready to sign here when the Armstrong deal was done and confirm. Now we 2 and half weeks on we still have no permanent striker in to replace.  

You've said that 15 times.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's not a proper yardstick as the top 10 premier league clubs 17/18/19s all go out on loan.  In essence we are playing against the ones they will probably let go.  Accys U23s beat citeh 6-1 the other week🤷‍♂️

They also regularly play players they have spent 8 figure transfer fees on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Exactly. I believe Liverpools actual Under 23 team is called Blackburn Rovers 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, booth said:

We spent money a while ago, and the money was badly spent when you look at the the return we've had from it - a lot of money in this league.

As I said I'm not bothered about £5m-10m players. As it stands we haven't spent a penny on a permanent signing yet. Would it be too much to ask for some decent championship players who can do a job? Other teams pick them up. An experienced midfielder? Or a decent replacement for Armstrong? (he's going to be very missed as the season goes on)

I can only guarantee one thing about the players we've brought in, they are inexperienced.

We have one of the highest wage to turnover ratios in the league. I think it’s been made clear a million times before already that we don’t have the money for wages.

I’m sure we can bring in an experienced player on a crazy wage but that then has flow on effects on the rest of the squad as they (or their agents) will want matching terms.

This is going to be as good as it gets unless we either get promoted or more people start buying season tickets.

4 hours ago, Miker said:

We have one of the highest wage to turnover ratios in the league. I think it’s been made clear a million times before already that we don’t have the money for wages.

I know we have a very high wage to turnover ratio but can anyone enlighten me why this is so?

I mean, we have a very small squad now and other than Dack, i cannot think of anyone else who could earning significantly more than the average championship player.

If we talk about turnover, the crowd ban affected every other club equally last season and looking at the 2019/ 20 numbers, we still have bigger crowds than 1/3 of the league https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-championship-2019-2020/1/ so why are we so badly affected?

Edited by RoversSG
  • Like 5