BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

When will Mowbray learn to move on and stop chasing him. He doesn't want to come here, When will he learn? Never.

Well I think its always been part of the plan, we just had to have a gap between sale of Arma and purchase of Obafemi in order to save on payment to Newcastle, and stop any suspicion.

I'd be buzzing with him as a signing.

4 goals in 10 in the premier league is very good.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Since those figures we have released Williams, Mulgrew, Bell, Bennett, Evans, Holtby, Downing and Armstrong, along with last season's raft of loans.

We haven't signed anyone, nor have we even so much as signed any senior player up to new and improved terms.

Our ticket prices are now among the highest in the league. Until recently our crowds were actually similar to quite a few others (though won't be for long at this rate).

So something doesn't add up. There's no argument that we had a relatively high wages to turnover ratio last year, but with those departures that really shouldn't be the case any longer. If it is there is something wrong.

Even if the issue here is restrictions and the ratio being too high for comfort, that doesn't stop permanent deals being done. This notion that any permanent transfer is prohibitively expensive and comes with massive demands from players and agents just isn't correct. But we seem so far behind the curve we are going backwards on bringing in the decent free agents. Probably because we are months behind others in planning and preparation.

16 players on 10k per week after tax works out around 8 million per season? I assume we’ve many in our squad well below and a few like Ayala and Kaminski well above. Now assuming (I’m no tax expert) it’s around 40/50% tax rate, before you’ve even took into account staff / youth system etc… already 5m above a turnover of 11m?

If maintenance/ fixed costs are in the millions too, I don’t think it’s that difficult to add up?

Yes we’ve cut loads this summer, and I think this may have been closer to the bone than expected due to Covid. Add in 10m after the Armstrong percentage to Newcastle, with the wage cuts - do you think that will mean the finances 21-22 end up being a positive for the first time in the Rao’s ownership?

Don’t disagree on the planning aspect but then the way the window system works, there is a queue for certain players, especially if you’re fishing in the premier league loan pond. As you can see below, the top wages at this level drag the average way up, particularly for top talent - mind blowing!

16B752D4-AFC7-48A0-80CD-8D0A008370C5.jpeg

That figure is inflated by parachute clubs often carrying players on crazy wages, Bournemouth being a prime example last season, the likes of Villa previously.

I’d wager non parachute clubs with average crowds between say 12 and 20,000 will be nowhere near that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

@Revidge Blue, we have signed 3 players on loan so far and hopefully a couple of permanent signings in the next 37 hours. 

Well it would be a permanent move surely so its helpful

If Nyambe won't sign a new contract surely we need sell and recoup whatever we can get for him. 

What a terrible take Chaddy.

Nyambe is currently on 4 grand a week. If you were him, would you sign a new contract on those terms?

Let’s say he wants 9 grand a week, still cheap in the scheme of things, that would be an increase of just over a quarter of a million quid a year.

Considering how much money we lose and waste, it’s a drop in the ocean. I’d wager it’s also significantly less than we’d be paying in wages and loan fees for players we are borrowing from Brighton and Leeds. How much do you think your suggested replacement would cost?

Selling Nyambe on the cheap now would be unforgivably stupid. If it was to Burnley it would be horrible.

Replace the word Nyambe with Rothwell, add 20% to each number and the point is the same.

Edited by Miller11
Autocorrect
  • Like 8

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

@Revidge Blue, we have signed 3 players on loan so far and hopefully a couple of permanent signings in the next 37 hours. 

Well it would be a permanent move surely so its helpful

If Nyambe won't sign a new contract surely we need sell and recoup whatever we can get for him. 

Then look at signing John Joe Kenny from Everton as possible option

We don't sell one of our more highly rated players to Burnley.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, booth said:

We spent money a while ago, and the money was badly spent when you look at the the return we've had from it - a lot of money in this league.

As I said I'm not bothered about £5m-10m players. As it stands we haven't spent a penny on a permanent signing yet. Would it be too much to ask for some decent championship players who can do a job? Other teams pick them up. An experienced midfielder? Or a decent replacement for Armstrong? (he's going to be very missed as the season goes on)

I can only guarantee one thing about the players we've brought in, they are inexperienced.

Inexperienced, but that doesn't mean they can't be good. We have experience in the squad and really its time guys like Travis, Davenport , Chapman, Nyambe and Rothwell stepped up and became leaders

31 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not at less than £1m , be better off keeping him for the season.

How much do we get if we don't sell at the end of the season for him? 

29 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Well I think its always been part of the plan, we just had to have a gap between sale of Arma and purchase of Obafemi in order to save on payment to Newcastle, and stop any suspicion.

I'd be buzzing with him as a signing.

4 goals in 10 in the premier league is very good.

I wouldn't be signing him at all. Had his chance and didn't want to come. Time to move on and sign a permanent striker who wants to be here. Plenty out there we could get whether its Simms from Everton, Charles from Stanley, Nisbet from Hibs. 

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

What a terrible take Chaddy.

Nyambe is currently on 4 grand a week. If you were him, would you sign a new contract on those terms?

Let’s say he wants 9 grand a week, still cheap in the scheme of things, that would be an increase of just over a quarter of a million quid a year.

Considering how much money we lose and waste, it’s a drop in the ocean. I’d wager it’s also significantly less than we’d be paying in wages and loan fees for players we are borrowing from Brighton and Leeds. HoW much do you think your sister replacement would cost?

Selling Nyambe on the cheap now would be unforgivably stupid. If it was to Burnley it would be horrible.

Replace the word Nyambe with Rothwell, add 20% to each number and the point is the same.

I know all thanks Millers as you have post that before and heard from other people. I'm not the biggest fan of him But I do think we should be offering him a better contract. Same as Rothwell who I would be offering a better contract than the one he has been offered. 

Kenny is suggestion and given his wages and experience at Everton and Celtic we couldn't afford, Maybe a loan. 

Just now, islander200 said:

We don't sell one of our more highly rated players to Burnley.

He has less 12 months left on his deal and if we get cash for him now and replacement in then it should be consider.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

How much do we get if we don't sell at the end of the season for him? 

I wouldn't be signing him at all. Had his chance and didn't want to come. Time to move on and sign a permanent striker who wants to be here. Plenty out there we could get whether its Simms from Everton, Charles from Stanley, Nisbet from Hibs. 

I know all thanks Millers as you have post that before and heard from other people. I'm not the biggest fan of him But I do think we should be offering him a better contract. Same as Rothwell who I would be offering a better contract than the one he has been offered. 

Kenny is suggestion and given his wages and experience at Everton and Celtic we couldn't afford, Maybe a loan. 

He has less 12 months left on his deal and if we get cash for him now and replacement in then it should be consider.

If he changed his mind and wanted to come, I wouldn't care. He has more pedigree and potential than any of those you mention. He would suit our style. 

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If he changed his mind and wanted to come, I wouldn't care. He has more pedigree and potential than any of those you mention. He would suit our style. 

If he didn't want to come first time then I wouldn't be interested in him. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If he didn't want to come first time then I wouldn't be interested in him. 

To be fair, nobody knows what’s gone on with this deal. For all we know it wasn’t the player scuppering the deal. In the words of  tony, let’s see what the next couple of days bring

#sorry bds, you got in before me !

Edited by Tugayisgod

Just now, Tugayisgod said:

To be fair, nobody knows what’s gone on with this deal. For all we know it wasn’t the player scuppering the deal. In the words of  tony, let’s see what the next couple of days bring

defending Mowbray there. He had 6 months to be planning for a striker replacement. Blimey we all know Armstrong wouldn't be here this season unless we got promotion last season. So for me, the club, Mowbray and Waggott can't have any more excuses. 

There is loads of good strikers out there we can get a couple of millions pounds or less

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

defending Mowbray there. He had 6 months to be planning for a striker replacement. Blimey we all know Armstrong wouldn't be here this season unless we got promotion last season. So for me, the club, Mowbray and Waggott can't have any more excuses. 

There is loads of good strikers out there we can get a couple of millions pounds or less

Well said. Weren't you lauding the scouting network though? Surely this was their remit? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The names you mention don't excite me (or many others I bet) and you don't even seem to know their strengths yourself. 

So far he is the best name we have been linked with, so I hope we can get the deal done 

Weren't you lauding the scouting network though? Surely this was their remit? 

I'm not really bothered if they excited you tbh. 

You can always do your research on players and suggestion you own players. Plenty of data, clips and opinions out there, 

I hope we don't do the deal for Obafemi at all

Yes the scouting Network should have done this and in all honestly they probably did. But its down to Mowbray to decide who he wants and thats why I think he goes against his recruitment like some people have alluded to before

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say different time and very different manager/owner of the club. 

Newell was great for our club

But your statement was along the lines of, if a player does not want to come to the Rovers in the first place. Then forget them. My point was that, this was exactly the situation with Mike Newall. Luckily the Rovers did not follow your mantra.  

• Like 2