BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Why not? Cos he held out for a club with promotion ambitions? 

Haven't I already explained why?

Well tell him to hold out for club with promotion ambitions still then or rot as in Southampton under 23s set up. 

Go and get a permanent striker in who WANTS TO BE HERE

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well tell him to hold out for club with promotion ambitions still then or rot as in Southampton under 23s set up. 

Are there any strikers, of the required standard, who want to be at the Rovers ?

• Like 3

If Obafemi, in the absence of other offers, has changed his mind and now wants to join us, I would bring him here in a shot. We aren't in a position where we can turn that kind of player down, especially this late in the window.

As it is, I doubt there is anything in it. It could just be Sky rehashing an old story.

I can see us throwing panic bids in for Strikers tomorrow in the hope that one of them lands.

• Like 7

• Backroom

I don’t really care about motivations at all as long as they are good enough.

Chaddy coming across like a scorned lover here, if we only sign players who want to play solely for the desire to be at Rovers we wouldn’t have much of a team at all

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

rot as in Southampton under 23s set up. 

True colours.  Rot?  Higher paid than all our squad probably and living in Southampton (have you ever been, it's lovely)with a load of clubs seemingly wanting to sign him...

Really chaddy? 🤔

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you'd be really surprised how many transfers follow a similar process, with the only difference being it isn't widely reported as this has been. We're at best a second rate club now, why on earth do you think a player with absolutely no connection or affiliation to Rovers would come running in to Brockhall with a pen in his hand?

Furthermore, Obafemi's agent would have been a complete fool to let him sign for us when at least two wealthier and far more ambitious clubs have expressed their interest.

If we only sign players who are desperate to play for us we'll end up with second-rate plodders.

I reckon that if we'd taken your approach of forgetting them if they aren't immediately committed to the move, then we wouldn't have seen the following at Ewood.

- Cole
- McCarthy
- RSC
- Jansen
- Bentley

..... anyone else care to add any?  There'll be loads.

And all of those signed when we were a Prem club with a fantastic reputation and you can guarantee they would have been weighing up their options before committing.  Our reputation is now in tatters, widely ridiculed as a club owned by chicken farmers who tried to sign Ronaldinho and Maradona and ended up relegated and a complete laughing stock.

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 8

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chaddy you are being daft.

If say Healey had a few offers in, would you want to move on from him if he didn't decide straight away to sign for us?

You act like it should be every players dream to sign for us

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not really bothered if they excited you tbh. 

You can always do your research on players and suggestion you own players. Plenty of data, clips and opinions out there, 

I hope we don't do the deal for Obafemi at all

Yes the scouting Network should have done this and in all honestly they probably did. But its down to Mowbray to decide who he wants and thats why I think he goes against his recruitment like some people have alluded to before

They don't excite anybody, not just me. 

There is no point me suggesting players, I'm only interested in reality, not hypotheticals. The 2 best names we have been linked with have been Idah and Obafemi. Both the closest to the Armstrong signing and in fact have more top level experience than he had. Goals in Scotland ,League 1 or below are no barometer for the standard we need to replace Armstrong. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I think you'd be really surprised how many transfers follow a similar process, with the only difference being it isn't widely reported as this has been. We're at best a second rate club now, why on earth do you think a player with absolutely no connection or affiliation to Rovers would come running in to Brockhall with a pen in his hand?

Furthermore, Obafemi's agent would have been a complete fool to let him sign for us when at least two wealthier and far more ambitious clubs have expressed their interest.

If we only sign players who are desperate to play for us we'll end up with second-rate plodders.

I reckon that if we'd taken your approach of forgetting them if they aren't immediately committed to the move, then we wouldn't have seen the following at Ewood.

- Cole
- McCarthy
- RSC
- Jansen
- Bentley

..... anyone else care to add any?  There'll be loads.

And all of those signed when we were a Prem club with a fantastic reputation and you can guarantee they would have been weighing up their options before committing.  Our reputation is now in tatters, widely ridiculed as a club owned by chicken farmers who tried to sign Ronaldinho and Maradona and ended up relegated and a complete laughing stock.

Class post 

• Like 2

In defence of Chaddy, I don't think Obafemi will sign for us.  I also totally agree with him that it's ludicrous that we are facing the prospect of not replacing Arma's 30 goals a season. Villa lost Grealish and had done their business before they accepted City's offer. Difference being of course, Grealish had at least 3 years left on his contract so the ball was in their court.

I'm also not being swept away by this decent start to the season.  We will fall away and we will struggle - none of the signings so far have convinced me otherwise.  If we don't sign a half decent striker I fear for us a little.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Doesn't sound like he will be rotting there. He will either be here, which would be a great signing, or he will go to a better run club, with a better chance of promotion. Probably the latter 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Me then? I want to be here. I scored 5 goals last Tuesday in a 7-a-side too, although tbf it doesn't sound like my CV matters, only how much I want to be a Rovers player. Genuinely a lifelong dream for me, can't ask for more than that.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Mowbray and Waggott don't sign a striker then both now sacking asap. You knew for 6 months that Armstrong would leave this season and you should have had a shortlist of targets and players we wanted months ago. Fed up with your bloody excuses. Go and sign a striker who wants to be here and not a kid who turned you down weeks ago. 

You said it didn't matter we had no head of recruitment for 5 months. You said the work had been done on transfers before the last guy left. Do you now admit that things are shambolic? 

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Me then? I want to be here. I scored 5 goals last Tuesday in a 7-a-side too, although tbf it doesn't sound like my CV matters, only how much I want to be a Rovers player. Genuinely a lifelong dream for me, can't ask for more than that.

Clarkson is from Blackburn, but I bet if West brom came in for him, he would have went there 

• Like 1

Regarding the Nyambe rumours - although using the term rumours might be generous - our owners are incompetent, but they've consistently shown that they will hold out for a good price for players. Raya is probably the only one we've got majorly wrong, but even that was more down to the fact that Mowbray had decided to move on.

I can't see them letting a useful player go for a million or less. At that price they will hold onto him. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Regarding the Nyambe rumours - although using the term rumours might be generous - our owners are incompetent, but they've consistently shown that they will hold out for a good price for players. Raya is probably the only one we've got majorly wrong, but even that was more down to the fact that Mowbray had decided to move on.

I can't see them letting a useful player go for a million or less. At that price they will hold onto him. 

Cairney too (I actually think the 5 million we ended up getting for Raya was broadly fine) but other than that I agree - I'd be truly shocked if there turns out to be anything in that.