BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

You don’t know me to question my support for this club, I’ve had a season ticket for 20 years but I’m not renewing next season if this clown stays in charge. Been gradually falling out of love with football and this club since 2011. I imagine many others feel the same.

If you are a supporter it's through thick and thin, you support your team no matter what. You don't have to like the manager to support the team, especially in the current climate. 

No doubt when season ticket sales are down again people will just expect Venkys to put their hands in their pockets again (and get untold stick for it not being enough). 

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

The club still owes me from 2019-20 for games they didn't let me in to watch which i paid for up front.

I think Waggott has still had £300,000 out of the club during the last 12 months, and has spent that time trying to sell our training ground.

Everyone has their limit. Mine was reached with the above. That's before we get on to an unsackable manager and them expecting us to pay for it to continue.

This^^^ 👍🏻 @Tugayisgod

20 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

No doubt when season ticket sales are down again people will just expect Venkys to put their hands in their pockets again (and get untold stick for it not being enough). 

And your problem with this is ? They created the mess

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Butty said:

Don’t care who we sign, if the manager stays as is expected then we aren’t doing anything next season. I’m not renewing either till he’s gone.

This post has made me realise. When season tickets are inevitably well down on pre-covid levels, Waggot won't admit it's because of the club taking the piss by sticking with this manager, instead he will be trotting out this line:

"Well you know, people have found other ways to spend their time during the pandemic, that buzz of live matches hasn't been there and so coming back down to the ground every couple of weeks is a hard habit to get back into."

Meanwhile, pretty much everyone else's season ticket sales will be fine.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

If you are a supporter it's through thick and thin, you support your team no matter what. You don't have to like the manager to support the team, especially in the current climate. 

The last decade under these owners has been thin and the line 'support your team no matter what' is no more than blind loyalty. Next season I believe our attendances will be at a 30+ year low and no doubt it will be spun as primarily down to Covid but more and more long term supporters have just had enough. The truth is the product has deteriorated and the nobody in any authority seems to care. We have a ridiculous structure whereby the Chief Executive can't call the shots but has to go through the owners representative who then has to get the owners permission. The manager isn't good enough and his coaching staff reflect him. The Brockhall farce sticks in the craw for many who simply do not trust the current incumbents to make the best decisions in the interests of Rovers.

As for the owners having to put their hands in their pockets then tough. They are reaping what they have sown.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

This post has made me realise. When season tickets are inevitably well down on pre-covid levels, Waggot won't admit it's because of the club taking the piss by sticking with this manager, instead he will be trotting out this line:

"Well you know, people have found other ways to spend their time during the pandemic, that buzz of live matches hasn't been there and so coming back down to the ground every couple of weeks is a hard habit to get back into."

Meanwhile, pretty much everyone else's season ticket sales will be fine.

If Mowbray is still in charge come opening day next season I wouldn’t expect much more than 5k Rovers fans on at Ewood. That’s if fans are allowed back on at that point which you’d expect/hope they will be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Butty said:

If Mowbray is still in charge come opening day next season I wouldn’t expect much more than 5k Rovers fans on at Ewood. That’s if fans are allowed back on at that point which you’d expect/hope they will be.

I think it will be a bit more than that. A lot of the fans who are fed up will still attend. This forum isn't wholly representative of the fan base at large. First game of the season usually gets a bit of a bump, and there will probably be more new players than usual to assess.

But I agree it will be embarrassingly low. Exactly how low probably depends on Waggot's pricing policy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I think it will be a bit more than that. A lot of the fans who are fed up will still attend. This forum isn't wholly representative of the fan base at large. First game of the season usually gets a bit of a bump, and there will probably be more new players than usual to assess.

But I agree it will be embarrassingly low. Exactly how low probably depends on Waggot's pricing policy.

Waggots pricing policy, will be something along the lines of, let's fleece the bastards.

• Like 1

Been chatting to a lad in the loop with West Ham. They want Haller gone and depending on how much they can get for him, will depend on how big their bid is for Adam Armstrong - but he's their preference. Club are happy with how Jarrad Bowen has done and believe in the EFL recruitment system.

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Been chatting to a lad in the loop with West Ham. They want Haller gone and depending on how much they can get for him, will depend on how big their bid is for Adam Armstrong - but he's their preference. Club are happy with how Jarrad Bowen has done and believe in the EFL recruitment system.

Haller left in January. He must be having you on about being in the loop.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

There goes your lads credibility. They sold him 6 months ago. 

• Like 3

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Oh how I laughed.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9178043/West-Ham-15m-20m-transfer-fee-paid-Ajax-Sebastien-Haller.html

Misread him, the point he was making was how much they'd *actually* get for Haller. I just assumed he'd not left yet from the way it was worded. Apologies for the confusion.

Sounds pretty cut and dry to me - they got less than 15m for him. 

I've loved having Armstrong and Elliott here this year and part of the reason why I think we underachieved given that quality at that end of the pitch but I don't think either are Prem quality right now. Certainly not starting every week. 

Armstrong takes the plaudits for his goals but his chance conversion rate in this league isn't deadly as stupid as it sounds after scoring nearly 30 goals. He won't get as many chances in the Prem and better keepers, defenders etc. will make the stats even bleaker.  Benrahma ripped this league up, yet to score for West Ham and is more often than not on the bench. Armstrong has about 5 shots per goal compared to Toney and Pukki on 3. Keiffer Moore 2.5, Andre Ayew 2.7

Elliott for his age has been great and I have no doubt will get to the level required but I don't see either getting regular game time at West Ham and Liverpool respectively.

If West Ham started next season with Bowen, Armstrong and Benrahma up front, it wouldn't have too many worried in the Prem but in the Championship we would give them the trophy on day 1.

Toney on the other hand is a different type of player who I do think could do a job for a club like West Ham and would cost similar money. Not ahead of Antonio but given their likely Champions League commitments will need some other options. 

I think Armstrong will either return to Newcastle or stay put. I think Elliott will go out on loan but to another club in the Prem e.g. Norwich.

The good news for us is at least the last few weeks would have boosted his price tag after that slight drop in goals per game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southside Rover said:

I've loved having Armstrong and Elliott here this year and part of the reason why I think we underachieved given that quality at that end of the pitch but I don't think either are Prem quality right now. Certainly not starting every week. 

Armstrong takes the plaudits for his goals but his chance conversion rate in this league isn't deadly as stupid as it sounds after scoring nearly 30 goals. He won't get as many chances in the Prem and better keepers, defenders etc. will make the stats even bleaker.  Benrahma ripped this league up, yet to score for West Ham and is more often than not on the bench. Armstrong has about 5 shots per goal compared to Toney and Pukki on 3. Keiffer Moore 2.5, Andre Ayew 2.7

Elliott for his age has been great and I have no doubt will get to the level required but I don't see either getting regular game time at West Ham and Liverpool respectively.

If West Ham started next season with Bowen, Armstrong and Benrahma up front, it wouldn't have too many worried in the Prem but in the Championship we would give them the trophy on day 1.

Toney on the other hand is a different type of player who I do think could do a job for a club like West Ham and would cost similar money. Not ahead of Antonio but given their likely Champions League commitments will need some other options. 

I think Armstrong will either return to Newcastle or stay put. I think Elliott will go out on loan but to another club in the Prem e.g. Norwich.

The good news for us is at least the last few weeks would have boosted his price tag after that slight drop in goals per game.

I agree that PL interest in Armstrong will be relatively low. I think there are only 3-4 clubs up there that might be interested in him - Newcastle, Brighton, West Ham - the rest I just can't see it

I think to date there has been zero serious interest in him. I think Mowbray is well aware of this hence his shameless attempts in the media to drive up interest.

The problem we are going to have is that when the penny drops that PL interest isn't really there, Rovers want/need money and Armstrong wants out because he doesn't want to waste his career away going nowhere - then you will end up with all sorts of clubs making cheeky enquiries and testing the water - the likes of Stoke, Forest, Fulham - Championship sides with a few quid behind them - then it becomes even worse than losing him to a top flight club because he'll go to someone who we should be finishing above and do the business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Sounds pretty cut and dry to me - they got less than 15m for him. 

Seemingly. Meaning their bid, if they make one, won't be as high as some would hope I don't imagine.

7 hours ago, Meesh said:

I'll don my tin hat, but I I've never been that impressed by Nyambe. I think he's OK, but he offers no end product going forward, and I think he's quite suspect in defence.

OK, I'm ready for my beating now!

Wait til you see what replaces him next season

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Meesh said:

I'll don my tin hat, but I I've never been that impressed by Nyambe. I think he's OK, but he offers no end product going forward, and I think he's quite suspect in defence.

OK, I'm ready for my beating now!

He’s not great. The love in for Nyambe is because of his contract ending...if you watch and understand football which we all do then you have to put your hand on your heart and accept that he’s pretty average.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s not great. The love in for Nyambe is because of his contract ending...if you watch and understand football which we all do then you have to put your hand on your heart and accept that he’s pretty average.

Nyambe is decent and could still improve as a right back, not a bloody wing back or whatever Mowbray does.  

The main clamour for Nyambe wasn't because he is amazing, it's because he is  better there than Bennett - there wasn't anyone else who could play there till JRC hobbled up.

It's a similar situation at Left back.  This Pickering lad won't have to be amazing to look like a worldy there after Bell/Douglas.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Nyambe is decent and could still improve as a right back, not a bloody wing back or whatever Mowbray does.  

The main clamour for Nyambe wasn't because he is amazing, it's because he is  better there than Bennett - there wasn't anyone else who could play there till JRC hobbled up.

It's a similar situation at Left back.  This Pickering lad won't have to be amazing to look like a worldy there after Bell/Douglas.

I agree to a certain extent though I think the clamour is more to do with people’s dislike of the current regime (The Coventrio). A young player (with potential) who is running his contract down is a decent stick with which to beat them with. But in order to do so, you have to make him out to be the new Cafu!! Haha....I understand that completely but I don’t think there’s a top player in Nyambe. His relative success imo is borne out of his physical attributes because his ability (both defensively and offensively) is average and his positioning even worse.

I see much more potential in the likes of JRC, Butterworth (If he can get fit), Buckley, Wharton, Brereton and Davenport

Id also like to see some more of Pike, McBride and Carter next season.

As a model with a mid level budget in the Championship, I would like to see us spend a little more on the first 11 and then strip out the fat between the first 11 and these promising young players...the Holtbys, Evans, Bennett’s, Williams types.

We have a great chance this summer to do exactly that. Hope we don’t buy a load more squad fillers.

• Like 4