BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

• Backroom

Interesting signing this lad can’t say I know too much about him but a decent cheap gamble maybe  (full name Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun) 

So the only two cash signings we've made thus far in the last two transfer windows are both left backs....

He might be a decent player. And I'm pleased to see permanent signings rather than loans. But it again strikes me that there is no serious planning to our transfer business. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

Interesting signing this lad can’t say I know too much about him but a decent cheap gamble maybe  (full name Adetayo Oluwatosin Olusegun Adio Aduramigba Iretioluwa Edun) 

Love that 🤣

He better be perfectly competent at RB too, because it will be bizarre even for us if our only spending this summer, the only place we permanently recruit, is twice at left back.

A backup LB (or potential first choice if Pickering doesn't deliver) is one of the areas I'd have been fine with us only loaning a player whilst we see if Pickering finds his feet.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cracking post on the Lincoln City forum;

I think Edun will get a very well deserved move to the championship, I just hope he chooses the right team. As far as I’m aware, Blackburn are a well run club these days so think it would be a good move for him.”

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I havent been convinced at all by Pickering and we do need a second left back anyway. But spending money on one would be very odd if we as expected dont sign a striker. Likelihood is that he (or Pickering) would struggle to make the bench when both are fit, just because of the size of squads.

thought we have very little money but have 500k for second left back? 

So clearly we do have money but Mowbray won't move on from Obafemi being his main choice. Probably get him on loan deal whilst we sign Edun for 500k

You going to admitted its Mowbray inability to move on from targets that will cost us signing a permanent striker this window?

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

So clearly we do have money but Mowbray won't move on from Obafemi being his main choice. Probably get him on loan deal whilst we sign Edun for 500k

You going to admitted its Mowbray inability to move on from targets that will cost us signing a permanent striker this window?

Hang on ..bloody window not shut yet Chaddy.

1 minute ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Cracking post on the Lincoln City forum;

I think Edun will get a very well deserved move to the championship, I just hope he chooses the right team. As far as I’m aware, Blackburn are a well run club these days so think it would be a good move for him.”

if only he knew😆,this lad can play in the centre of the park as well as left back,that probably was the clincher in  a mowbray deal

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If our sole permanent signing is this Edun, for whom nothing is confirmed so its all hypothetical, then I would question why it has been spent on a left back but also I would say that why was the budget so low in the first place, and indeed what striker could we get for that amount.

Everything I’ve read about this guy suggests he is equally strong in midfield as he is at left back.

clever signing at 500k, think this also means we have money for a striker. Quite excited to see who we get now.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If our sole permanent signing is this Edun, for whom nothing is confirmed so its all hypothetical, then I would question why it has been spent on a left back but also I would say that why was the budget so low in the first place, and indeed what striker could we get for that amount.

Pete O'Rourke is one of the best sources of info you can have, plus Sharpe has confirmed our interested. What more do you want? 

I gave you a striker we could sign for 750k in Dion Charles from Stanley. Good player and been linked to other clubs in championship recently. For me would be decent replacement for Armstrong who we will never replace like for like. But would get 10 to 15 goals at this level. Plus with Gallagher and Brereton scoring plus other chipping in We would replace the goals. 

6 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Everything I’ve read about this guy suggests he is equally strong in midfield as he is at left back.

clever signing at 500k, think this also means we have money for a striker. Quite excited to see who we get now.

I was gonna say, looking him up shows me he is also billed as a midfielder. What kind though? I don't think we need to be bringing in Poveda, Khadra and Edun all to play on the wings. Especially when we like to gallivant huge strikers on the wing and already have Dolan too. A central mid, or one of the three we like to play in midfield, and I guess it might be shrewd enough. Bit of a utility player with room to grow?

If that's the case perhaps it's not the worst move, especially if it means we won't sign Khadra. And as long as we still think we can sign a proper striker and have money for contract renewals...but if any of that isn't the case, or if he is seen purely as an LB, I have to question our strategy. Again.