BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

We actually have cover in the striker department (Gallagher, Brereton, Burns, McBride, Chapman, Dolan). Our cover at left back is threadbare, (Pickering, Cirino).

McBride has never played a professional game, Burns and Dolan are midgets and Chapman would get abused playing CF in this league.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well considering they supposedly turned down double this figure about three weeks ago...

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/rejecting-a-500000-bid-for-ryan-hedges-was-a-show-of-strength-from-aberdeen-insists-boss-stephen-glass/

...one of the two claims is wrong, or we really don't have a clue about what people cost, even players we've had tabs on for a while.

(Or we are taking the piss with bids we know won't pan out so we can claim we tried again)

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That story back up by this tweet 

So that's 750k we have offer so far? (500k for Edun and 250k for Hedges)

Where is our Striker bid? 

We should be avoiding most players from the pie and peas league that is Scotland. However anyone of quality is out of our financial reach

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need both. 2 of those are wingers, and 2 more have never played senior football.

And the other 2 have been relentlessly played as wingers despite not being such. So they make take a little time to readjust even if Tony has any intention whatsoever of consistently putting either of them back in there.

3 minutes ago, dallydally said:

We should be avoiding most players from the pie and peas league that is Scotland. However anyone of quality is out of our financial reach

If he signed I'd be judging him purely based on how he performs for us, however I do know what you mean. I'd be hoping anybody we did sign from the Scottish Leagues had significantly more assists, goals, or be at a younger age than 26. Still rather we brought Hedges in than Kehdra on loan though. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sharpe tweet to a question on striker search

progressing, and some interesting options about. There’s one permanent option I’d describe as an ‘attacker’ rather than striker. Just have to see what lands.

That be Hedges

11 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Colin Hendry from Dundee. What a waste of £30,000 that was

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We need both. 2 of those are wingers, and 2 more have never played senior football.

Did you see in my original quote, the word cover.

14 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

McBride has never played a professional game, Burns and Dolan are midgets and Chapman would get abused playing CF in this league.

The U23s are still professionals. They might be small but Dolan and especially Burns, harasses and worrys defenders. As for Chapman, that is your opinion. Mine is that he would do alright as a forward. My main forwards would be Gallagher and Brereton.

The young cheap punts out of the Scottish leagues tend to have done alright at Rovers.

The ones with bigger reps having more paid for them and/or big contracts chucked in front of them have tended to flop.

Ferguson, Amoruso, Goodwille, Stokes and the like. Even Mulgrew whilst being great in lge 1 wasn't up to much in the Championship. His wand of a left foot was quality but defensively he wasn't all that. Must've cost a fortune in wages as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Mulgrew whilst being great in lge 1 wasn't up to much in the Championship. His wand of a left foot was quality but defensively he wasn't all that. Must've cost a fortune in wages as well.

That goal at Doncaster to gain promotion, the look on his face, the jubilation in the stands, club legend for me.

image.jpeg.77b96d9f59cc8a1ebf31584c3224caa0.jpeg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7