BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I think he was saying similar stuff before they tipped up 5 million for Gallagher.

You just never know at this club, it seems that if someone pops up he or someone involved really wants they suddenly find money.

Maybe they don’t say exactly what they’re doing in interviews? Or give off “skint” vibes for agents / other clubs?

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

The forward not striker I believe is patrick roberts

This is exactly the business we should be doing.

Modest contract to June 2023 with a club option of a further year (and an out after this season if he flops). A free transfer with City getting a solid % of the sell on fee over £1m (ish).

Patrick Roberts has the potential to be the Championship version of what we got in David Bentley under Mark Hughes. Although (obviously) nothing is guaranteed.

Would much take a gamble on a player like Roberts (to own) rather than a loan like Reda Khadra, financially and otherwise.

Edit. AND he has played for Middlesbrough...

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Maybe they don’t say exactly what they’re doing in interviews? Or give off “skint” vibes for agents / other clubs?

I don't know there's been a few things to contradict that as well down the years. I think ToMo just waffles the first thing that comes to mind.

Obviously you don't want to reveal your hand and i doubt it's very much anyway. Allegedly though it's not unusual for Rovers to offer some rather odd staged payment deals. Every now and then one might drop if they tip up a good enough deposit.

23 minutes ago, pomster said:

Hold on, hold on wait a minute! ... We've just offered £250k for a left back? It was only the other day Mowbray was saying they would "only sanction" money for a striker

This is the typical "BULLSHIT" the totally inapt Mowbray and his croonies come out with. Left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing

Don't tell the clubs you want to buy players from that you've got loads of money.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Gav said:

If we had any sort of scouting network, any sort of footballing people supporting the manager and his threadbare staff, we’d be all over Deeney.

Venkys, on a shoe string, are a disgrace, hiding being FFP like scared chickens on route to Nando’s.

Badly advised? 

What kind of scouting network do you need to be aware of Deeney? A Sky subscription?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What kind of scouting network do you need to be aware of Deeney? A Sky subscription?

He'd be exactly the kind of signing that ballses up wage bills and FFP. 

Doesn't matter if he slips into the right team and helps fire them up mind but for the likes of us it's Leon Best territory.  He must have agreed peanuts at Brum.

• Like 2

It looks like a very busy day today for Rovers in terms of signings and players leaving on loan. 

If the permanent striker signing is more of a attacking/wide player then its leaves us very short in the main number 9 striker position and I am dead against leaving is short in that area. Don't want to play any false 9 rubbish approach but a proper permanent striker signing who knows how to score goals. 

But I have to question our transfer planning and strategy for signings in this window. Why have we left it 20 days before replacing Armstrong and we still might replace him properly, Why give Chapman a new contract? why do we need to sign both Khadra and Roberts(if true) tomorrow when we have Dolan, Brereton and Pobeva for the wide roles? Would we not been much better putting our resources and time into a number 9 striker and use JRC or Chapman in that wide spot? Also would Rovers not be better signing a right back thinking long term if Nyambe won't be here after next year. 

@Gav, On Deeney, as others have said He is massive Birmingham City fan and he wants to play for his club so why would he come here? On the Scouting network point, Yes we do have one but I think one of biggest problem is Tony Mowbray and his inability to not move away from number 1 target and wasting time pursing him is a massive problem and the lack of proper recruitment plan from Mowbray and Waggott in this window. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It looks like a very busy day today for Rovers in terms of signings and players leaving on loan. 

If the permanent striker signing is more of a attacking/wide player then its leaves us very short in the main number 9 striker position and I am dead against leaving is short in that area. Don't want to play any false 9 rubbish approach but a proper permanent striker signing who knows how to score goals. 

But I have to question our transfer planning and strategy for signings in this window. Why have we left it 20 days before replacing Armstrong and we still might replace him properly, Why give Chapman a new contract? why do we need to sign both Khadra and Roberts(if true) tomorrow when we have Dolan, Brereton and Pobeva for the wide roles? Would we not been much better putting our resources and time into a number 9 striker and use JRC or Chapman in that wide spot? Also would Rovers not be better signing a right back thinking long term if Nyambe won't be here after next year. 

@Gav, On Deeney, as others have said He is massive Birmingham City fan and he wants to play for his club so why would he come here? On the Scouting network point, Yes we do have one but I think one of biggest problem is Tony Mowbray and his inability to not move away from number 1 target and wasting time pursing him is a massive problem and the lack of proper recruitment plan from Mowbray and Waggott in this window. 

See who comes in as the player first but it looks to me that they are waiting last minute for a striker attacker as they are hoping either a player will become available or price might drop.Agree with you it should be a striker

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

See who comes in as the player first but it looks to me that they are waiting last minute for a striker attacker as they are hoping either a player will become available or price might drop.Agree with you it should be a striker

It must be a permanent striker. Its clear that Mowbray had some money to spent. Like I said I wouldn't bothered with the Khadra signing or the Hedges bid, and put that money on signing a main number 9 striker as we ONLY have one in Sam Gallagher. 

I can't see us being able to afford Roberts' wages, he has also had a series of loan spells in a number of places since leaving Celtic and has struggled in them all and has had injuries, maybe a permanent move is what he needs but it definitely can not be instead of a striker here. I wonder if there is a link to Park from their time at Celtic?

We have to sign a permanent striker, no amount of wide men can compensate for that. I am not convinced that we will or indeed have the budget to get one, but there you go.

Edun seems to tick a lot of boxes, we do need a left back not only to be back up but to challenge for a first team spot, Pickering has flattered to deceive so far, plus Edun is a good age and can play in midfield. 

Khadra would be totally unnecessary if we got another wide man (Poveda is not a central player) and I would prefer that loan spot if necessary to be used on an attacking midfielder who can get us goals, we lack that.

Though I'm unsure on the quality of the players rumoured I'm starting to feel encouraged by the fact we are looking at permanent deals for a number of positions and not only loan deals. I really hope Kehdra is a backup if a permanent deal for another player falls through

Every man and his dog knows we want a striker, they also know we got a wedge for Armstrong, it's not a new thing for teams to put their prices up in this scenario. Let's hope we can do some smart business and not get ripped off. No, I'm not confident that will happen but I do have some level of sympathy with whoever is trying to negotiate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No its called forward planning and making sure we were ready to sign a replacement as soon as Armstrong deal was done. But Mowbray and Rovers wasted 2 weeks chasing a player who has no interest in being here. 

on your scenario, I want answer from any player as soon as possible and would set a deadline.  We have games to players. 

No clearly its not but we can't be wasting time and effort on players who don;'t want to come to play first team football

Good for you then. I rather discuss potential players thats we should have been targets. If you don't want then please bother replying to me thanks. 

Also how many championship goals did Armstrong before he signed here. 

That's the point I am making is Rovers and Mowbray would have know for 6 months that Armstrong would have been off last January/ February. Rovers and Mowbray should have been scouting and researching potential replacements. Other teams do it but Rovers and Mowbray haven't and now its costing. Is  it so hard to plan.  

Let him go to these other clubs then. You mention West Brom and Fulham who both signed strikers this past week so why would they need Obafemi. 

You

You couldn't even say why the ones you suggested were any good. Armstrong came from a PL team. He played mostly on the wing before the last 2 seasons anyway. We need a CF now. So the only criteria should be who will score the most. 

I don't know why they have scouted him,or if the links are even true, but that's what the papers said. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have to sign a permanent striker, no amount of wide men can compensate for that. I am not convinced that we will or indeed have the budget to get one, but there you go.

How much of budget do you need? we signing a left back for 500k plus had a 500k bid turned for Hedges plus rumours a 2 loan signings, surely we should be making sure we get that permanent striker in first through the door.  

Mowbray certainly loves to stockpile in certain positions. From 15 centre mids to 15 wingers now. Not complaining though, as Patrick Roberts is quality on his day and better than anyone we've had out there in the recent past.

If Roberts is a goer there's no need for Khadra to come in with him. We clearly have some money to spend, so tomorrow should be very interesting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pomster said:

Hold on, hold on wait a minute! ... We've just offered £250k for a left back? It was only the other day Mowbray was saying they would "only sanction" money for a striker

This is the typical "BULLSHIT" the totally inapt Mowbray and his croonies come out with. Left hand doesn't know what the right hands doing

No he actually goes round spouting he has a wad of cash burning a hole!