BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

If we could sign Jamal Lowe permanent deal would be a very good deal. He scored goals and has pace. I wonder if we have moved on from Obafemi deal now with us moving for Lowe. 

9 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Hopefully not

Can you explain why you don't want him? 

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Think we will struggle to find a striker for a million on reasonable wages who isn't a huge long shot. And I don't mean their shooting style. If that's the whole budget I'd probably rather loan one and make do with the other options we already own, and spend that money in areas it can go further. But based on the Obafemi thing I would guess we have about 3 million for fees if needed.

This is where we need a proper recruitment plan for this window and I don't think we had it in all honestly. For an example if we did bring in Charles from Stanley for 750k then it would be gamble but imo just as much as gamble as Obafemi. 

I really hope Mowbray, Waggott and Rovers bring in a permanent striker tomorrow. I think if we make the right striker we can have a good season 

5 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

He will bag 10+ goals this season 100%. If we can get him for a decent fee, it will be a good deal.

It won't though will it? He won't get us promoted and we won't sell him on for a profit so he's a signing that lets us tread water. As for 10 goals a season, as a striker, I'd bloody well hope so!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LDRover said:

It won't though will it? He won't get us promoted and we won't sell him on for a profit so he's a signing that lets us tread water. As for 10 goals a season, as a striker, I'd bloody well hope so!!

He's not an out and out striker, played on the left of a front 3 for Swansea last season, imagine he'd do the same for us. 

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

He's not an out and out striker, played on the left of a front 3 for Swansea last season, imagine he'd do the same for us. 

Yep - I’d definitely see him as more of a wideman/inside forward. All the signs point to Mowbray not being after any out and out centre forward. Crazy if so.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

I watched some games last season of Swansea he played in front 2 with Ayew when they played 3-5-2 formation

Not keen on Lowe. 14 goals in a season is an average return. I’d expect Gallagher or Brereton to equal that if they played every game centrally. I reckon he might appeal to Mowbray as he can play him wide or centrally. Probably be fairly expensive and want a high wage, little chance of selling on at a profit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

So people would rather have a 1 in 4 striker in Jamal Lowe.

Than a 1 in 2.5 games in THE PREMIER LEAGUE in Michael Obefemi.

Its 4 goals in 32 PL appearances or 6 goals in 40 first team appearances. You want to simplified in just minutes than you do but doesn't give a proper refection of his game time in my opinion 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Not keen on Lowe. 14 goals in a season is an average return. I’d expect Gallagher or Brereton to equal that if they played every game centrally. I reckon he might appeal to Mowbray as he can play him wide or centrally. Probably be fairly expensive and want a high wage, little chance of selling on at a profit.

And why would Swansea, a team that is hardly free scoring, want shut?

To be honest, there's no point debating anyway, with the pillock we have in charge Messi and Ronaldo would struggle.

• Like 2

Jamal Lowe is not an out and out striker, but compared to the likes of Roberts etc, he is much more of a goal threat and will genuinely chip in, impressive tally last season. I have never been totally convinced having seen him quite a few times with Lowe to be honest and Swansea fans dont seem to rate him that much.

Would much prefer him to say a Dale who scored less in a lower league, he will get us a certain level of goals but he is not the central striker that we need. That being said, does he start v Luton if he comes? 100%. No scope for sell on though.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

So people would rather have a 1 in 4 striker in Jamal Lowe.

Than a 1 in 2.5 games in THE PREMIER LEAGUE in Michael Obefemi.

If Obafemi was genuinely that prolific at Premier League, he would be in the Southampton team every week. It is not accurate to add up the minutes in numerous sub appearances with such a small sample and imply that it would be sustainable over the course of full games over a season, it would be a mystery.

Lowe played central more last season but in general he is a winger and has been through his career so you are comparing apples and oranges.

Now city ain't signing Kane 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its 4 goals in 32 PL appearances or 6 goals in 40 first team appearances. You want to simplified in just minutes than you do but doesn't give a proper refection of his game time in my opinion 

The guy has more talent in his little toe than some of your suggestions

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its 4 goals in 32 appearances. You want to simplified in just minutes than you do but doesn't give a proper refection of his game time in my opinion 

You don't half chat some nonsense lad. For what it's worth I'd much rather Obafemi than anything else that's been mentioned but I think that ship has sailed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Another winger ?

No.

Why do people think if someone plays off centre that they're being played as a winger? Unless we start playing 442 we won't be playing anyone as a winger.

A front 3 of Lowe Brereton Gallagher is capable of a decent return IMO and I'm up for it.

6 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

No.

Why do people think if someone plays off centre that they're being played as a winger? Unless we start playing 442 we won't be playing anyone as a winger.

A front 3 of Lowe Brereton Gallagher is capable of a decent return IMO and I'm up for it.

Roversfan99 seems to think he’s a winger. There appears to be some confusion here.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

32 matches equating to 890 minutes of football?!? 

Cmon chaddy you can't be making that much of an impact.