BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, rigger said:

Dack is a problem for the future. Next year at the earliest I would expect.

He’s our best attacking player, I’d like to think we’re planning for his return. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its 4 goals in 32 PL appearances or 6 goals in 40 first team appearances. You want to simplified in just minutes than you do but doesn't give a proper refection of his game time in my opinion 

I don't think it will happen but on the off chance the Obafemi deal really go through it is going to take some hell of a climb down from you Chaddy. It's a bit strange to be so steadfast in not wanting a player here.

For what it's worth whoever is in charge of negotiations for us should treat the deal like Hughes did with Bellamy. Pop a reasonable release clause in his contract to tempt him into signing (£10 - 15million?). If he proves his worth he'll be off with an enhanced reputation and it's win, win. I'd love to see him here as from the bits I've seen of him he is significantly more talented then all the other players we've been linked too. And without rose tinted glasses, I totally see why he'd have initial doubts in signing for us and be biding his time to look at other offers. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You were claiming they would be good signings, it's up to you to back that up. We all have Sports channels and the internet like. We can all pick random names out of the air. 

Roberts, Obafemi and that left back would be decent business 

And they would be In my opinion. You can form you own opinion by looking and researching strikers we could afford. 

Roberts is on 60k a week at City so how we paying for that one? 

I would be very happy with Lowe coming in. Plus Edun as the left back. Looks like Khadra deal is done from what is been reported 

So the front 3 options would be 

Gallagher, Brereton, Dolan, Poveda, Khadra and Lowe. 

Could be bring in another striker even on loan like Simms depending on finances. 

But lets see what tomorrow bring now but its going to be busy day for Rovers now

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The guy has more talent in his little toe than some of your suggestions

So if Obafemi is so talent why is he 5th choice at Southampton and why hasn't he move yet? 

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

He’s our best attacking player, I’d like to think we’re planning for his return. 

I'd like to think that we are planning how to beat Luton, but I doubt planning comes into Mowbrays thoughts.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Can’t comment on Dack to be honest, He was our best attacker, unfortunately we don’t know how these knee injuries will effect him going forward, Not many players come back from having both knees done

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Roversfan99 seems to think he’s a winger. There appears to be some confusion here.

Lowe has always played wide. Watched a lot of him playing for Portsmouth. It was only really last year he played more centrally. He is miles better than the other Pompey winger Ronan Curtis who we've been linked too in the past.

He is though very lackadaisical. He can look lazy at times but he's got a bit of pace, can beat a man and would chip in with a few goals. He's a decent player. My main reservation is that he's probably at his peak. We'll be paying decent money for him surely. And there would be little sell on value. If the right player is out there I'd rather opt for someone with a little more potential and a few years younger. 

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Where’s Dacky playing if he’s a winger and we’re playing three up front?

in the 10 role with 2 sitting midfielders but we still months away from him being back I hope we ease him back into action

11 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

32 matches equating to 890 minutes of football?!? 

Cmon chaddy you can't be making that much of an impact.

Still 32 matches and 4 goals. or 6 goals in 40 first team games. 

Why are such a big fan of him and surely if he wanted to be here he would have already sign for us 2 weeks ago? He didn't. He didn't even hold talks with us confirmed by Mowbray. 

7 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't think it will happen but on the off chance the Obafemi deal really go through it is going to take some hell of a climb down from you Chaddy. It's a bit strange to be so steadfast in not wanting a player here.

For what it's worth whoever is in charge of negotiations for us should treat the deal like Hughes did with Bellamy. Pop a reasonable release clause in his contract to tempt him into signing (£10 - 15million?). If he proves his worth he'll be off with an enhanced reputation and it's win, win. I'd love to see him here as from the bits I've seen of him he is significantly more talented then all the other players we've been linked too. And without rose tinted glasses, I totally see why he'd have initial doubts in signing for us and be biding his time to look at other offers. 

If we are interested in Lowe now I would suggest we move on from Obafemi deal. 

We chased him for 2 weeks during and after the transfer of Armstrong and he didn't even come for talks. So why would he want to come now? For me, he had his chance and we now to move on

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we are interested in Lowe now I would suggest we move on from Obafemi deal. 

We chased him for 2 weeks during and after the transfer of Armstrong and he didn't even come for talks. So why would he want to come now? For me, he had his chance and we now to move on

I don't think he'll come either. But saying he's had his chance is a bit silly. He's not from here, he's looking at what the best option for his career would be. Like it or not our stock as a club isn't as high as it once was. Obafemi ticks all the boxes in terms of the type of player a club of our stature would be looking to bring in. So all I'm saying is for you to be so steadfast against the signing is a bit silly. As it's not completely beyond the realms of possibilities that we hit deadline day and the better options he'd hoped for don't materialise. By keeping the door ajar to him until deadline day (somebody said 10am) it doesn't mean we can't chase other options. Yes we wouldn't be his first choice, but if he has ambitions, which it seems he does, he is going to have to perform.

Win, win. 

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

Maybe they don’t say exactly what they’re doing in interviews? Or give off “skint” vibes for agents / other clubs?

Or maybe they've had to do their usual, having to go back cap in hand to the owners at the last minute for more money having drawn a blank?

Anyway, when it looked like we weren't going to sign anyone,  you were steadfast in your view that this was the right thing to do as we couldn't afford anyone due to the finances.

No doubt you will be then writing in to Mowbray and Waggott to complain if we do spend a decent amount of money tomorrow?

29 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

He is though very lackadaisical

I salute you, ben_the_beast, for knowing how it is pronounced and being able to spell it.

I wouldn't mind Jamal Lowe coming here. Pity we couldn't get Kipre too.

Whatever is Cooke doing at Ipswich signing Christian Walton?

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Or maybe they've had to do their usual, having to go back cap in hand to the owners at the last minute for more money having drawn a blank?

Anyway, when it looked like we weren't going to sign anyone,  you were steadfast in your view that this was the right thing to do as we couldn't afford anyone due to the finances.

No doubt you will be then writing in to Mowbray and Waggott to complain if we do spend a decent amount of money tomorrow?

I don’t remember saying any of that but carry on

21 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

But saying he's had his chance is a bit silly. He's not from here, he's looking at what the best option for his career would be. Like it or not our stock as a club isn't as high as it once was. Obafemi ticks all the boxes in terms of the type of player a club of our stature would be looking to bring in. So all I'm saying is for you to be so steadfast against the signing is a bit silly. As it's not completely beyond the realms of possibilities that we hit deadline day and the better options he'd hoped for don't materialise. By keeping the door ajar to him until deadline day (somebody said 10am) it doesn't mean we can't chase other options. Yes we wouldn't be his first choice, but if he has ambitions, which it seems he does, he is going to have to perform.

That's where we have to disagree there Ben. We had an interest in him for while during the Armstrong talks and no doubt we had talks with his agent. But Mowbray admitted that he hasn't held any talks with the player on coming here. 

So we had spent weeks chasing this player who has shown zero interest in coming here so yes I would dropped all interest in move on. 

I would look to another strikers now and I think(hope) Rovers have move on with our interest in Jamal Lowe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bazza said:

I salute you, ben_the_beast, for knowing how it is pronounced and being able to spell it.

I wouldn't mind Jamal Lowe coming here. Pity we couldn't get Kipre too.

Whatever is Cooke doing at Ipswich signing Christian Walton?

he had him at wigan,where he was`nt as catastrophic as he was with us,he might be about to find out though how bad he`s regressed!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's where we have to disagree there Ben. We had an interest in him for while during the Armstrong talks and no doubt we had talks with his agent. But Mowbray admitted that he hasn't held any talks with the player on coming here. 

So we had spent weeks chasing this player who has shown zero interest in coming here so yes I would dropped all interest in move on. 

I would look to another strikers now and I think(hope) Rovers have move on with our interest in Jamal Lowe. 

Mate, tbf you have literally no idea what Obafemi has or has not done. Keep your powder dry until we learn more….until then you’re guessing at best 👍🏼

• Like 7

Been reported that Swansea had made 5 million bid for Hibs striker Kevin Nisbet according to Daily Record. 

Swansea City 'make £5m bid' for Hibs striker Kevin Nisbet - Daily Record

Could be why Lowe is available and We are interested and why Swansea are selling Roberts to the Dingles. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate, tbf you have literally no idea what Obafemi has or has not done. Keep your powder dry until we learn more….until then you’re guessing at best 👍🏼

Its basic on my opinion on the situation and our links to the players weeks before we sold Armstrong to Southampton. Plus Mowbray's comments that he has held no talks with the player

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its 4 goals in 32 PL appearances or 6 goals in 40 first team appearances. You want to simplified in just minutes than you do but doesn't give a proper refection of his game time in my opinion 

I know what definitely doesn't give a proper reflection of his game time, and that's using the total appearances he has made when the vast, vast majority were off the bench.

The minutes he has played is, very literally, his game time. It is the amount of time he has been playing games. It's the most accurate measure to use, especially when a player barely starts.

The issue with pointing to his ratio isn't the methodology used, it's the fact that when you tot it up, it's a very small sample of time. It's a bit like saying Nuttall was lethal early days when he kept scoring off the bench. Was a valid argument at the time for his inclusion, but it also wasn't proof he was going to do the business. As it stood, he probably didn't get enough game time for us to know what would really have happened if he was played whilst on a roll, but on the whole he turned out to be a bit of a turkey, at least so far.

Some of them turn out that way, some don't. But in both cases we only had the numbers we had and have at the time to go off (albeit in Nuttall's case we also saw his limited overall game first hand). And Obafemi's numbers, done accurately, are promising so far. It's not his numbers, but his injury issues, experience for what we would pay, potential wage and desire that are potential concerns. Overall I will be fairly happy if we do sign him at a fair price, though it doesn't look too likely.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Been reported that Swansea had made 5 million bid for Hibs striker Kevin Nisbet according to Daily Record. 

Swansea City 'make £5m bid' for Hibs striker Kevin Nisbet - Daily Record

Could be why Lowe is available and We are interested and why Swansea are selling Roberts to the Dingles. 

Its basic on my opinion on the situation and our links to the players weeks before we sold Armstrong to Southampton. Plus Mowbray's comments that he has held no talks with the player

I understand mate. But you’re just guessing at best….let’s see 👍🏼