BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree to a certain extent though I think the clamour is more to do with people’s dislike of the current regime (The Coventrio). A young player (with potential) who is running his contract down is a decent stick with which to beat them with. But in order to do so, you have to make him out to be the new Cafu!! Haha....I understand that completely but I don’t think there’s a top player in Nyambe. His relative success imo is borne out of his physical attributes because his ability (both defensively and offensively) is average and his positioning even worse.

I see much more potential in the likes of JRC, Butterworth (If he can get fit), Buckley, Wharton, Brereton and Davenport

Id also like to see some more of Pike, McBride and Carter next season.

As a model with a mid level budget in the Championship, I would like to see us spend a little more on the first 11 and then strip out the fat between the first 11 and these promising young players...the Holtbys, Evans, Bennett’s, Williams types.

We have a great chance this summer to do exactly that. Hope we don’t buy a load more squad fillers.

Nothing to do with letting another of our academy graduates leave for peanuts ala Raya? Remember the exact same argument was used when he left and now he is on to bigger and better things. He got better coaching away from rovers and has been linked to several big clubs. Our manager and coaches are sub standard clearly and I'm sure just like Raya, nyambe will do better once he gets quality guidance. Our academy should not be about investing years and money into players just to let them leave for free, with us getting well below market value, again ala Raya. He's not the best, but with one flank already exposed, we don't need our right becoming like our left.

It would be nice to see our kids being brought through, but our management has shown they are awful at bringing through kids. TM has signed a number of them and the majority haven't worked out. This summer does represent opportunities, but opportunities can only be seized by competent hands. What are the hands steering the good ship rovers like?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Nothing to do with letting another of our academy graduates leave for peanuts ala Raya? Remember the exact same argument was used when he left and now he is on to bigger and better things. He got better coaching away from rovers and has been linked to several big clubs. Our manager and coaches are sub standard clearly and I'm sure just like Raya, nyambe will do better once he gets quality guidance. Our academy should not be about investing years and money into players just to let them leave for free, with us getting well below market value, again ala Raya. He's not the best, but with one flank already exposed, we don't need our right becoming like our left.

It would be nice to see our kids being brought through, but our management has shown they are awful at bringing through kids. TM has signed a number of them and the majority haven't worked out. This summer does represent opportunities, but opportunities can only be seized by competent hands. What are the hands steering the good ship rovers like?

Great post, but I disagree on Nyambe. Let’s see.

Selling or letting go good academy graduates on the cheap or at end of contract isn't the Brentford model or what the academy is there for.

He could be the 3rd one now under Mowbrays tenure and it isn't a good look.  Say what you want about them individually but all were/are good enough to form part of a good squad. Non have returned big money back to justify their development.

38 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Great post, but I disagree on Nyambe. Let’s see.

He’s got great pace, good athleticism and physical size, and decent defensive ability. You’d think he could make a good Champ level centre back in the fullness of time. He hasn’t and probably won’t because his heading ability isn’t up to the job.

Most of us realised that years ago when he first came into the team. Why is that still the case now ? Why hasn’t it been worked on. Why has inability to jump and keep his eyes open at the same time been improved upon ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s got great pace, good athleticism and physical size, and decent defensive ability. You’d think he could make a good Champ level centre back in the fullness of time. He hasn’t and probably won’t because his heading ability isn’t up to the job.

Most of us realised that years ago when he first came into the team. Why is that still the case now ? Why hasn’t it been worked on. Why has inability to jump and keep his eyes open at the same time been improved upon ?

Bad coaching?  Nothing wrong with Nyambe,  wasted here with this shit show of a coaching set up.

Good luck to him on his next move.  Whilst we flounder with this cock in charge.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

He’s not great. The love in for Nyambe is because of his contract ending...if you watch and understand football which we all do then you have to put your hand on your heart and accept that he’s pretty average.

Watch and understand football from the man who said Buckley is a £10 Million player and that after a defeat  3-1 defeat at Watford that he was 'absolutely sure we will finish in the top 6'. So please spare us your condescending comments Mr Expert.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Watch and understand football from the man who said Buckley is a £10 Million player and that after a defeat after a 3-1 defeat at Watford that he was 'absolutely sure we will finish in the top 6'. So please spare us your condescending comments Mr Expert.

👍😄😄

Mani knows it all.

23 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

I'm sure I read he's had a bad run of injuries this season, so sounds like a proper Mowbray signing 

Also surprisingly no teeside link , but once worked in the cafe at a Debenhams (according to wiki) so can handle a nice bit of lemon drizzle ;)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Nyambe is decent and could still improve as a right back, not a bloody wing back or whatever Mowbray does.  

The main clamour for Nyambe wasn't because he is amazing, it's because he is  better there than Bennett - there wasn't anyone else who could play there till JRC hobbled up.

It's a similar situation at Left back.  This Pickering lad won't have to be amazing to look like a worldy there after Bell/Douglas.

I'd say all the very best full-backs these days have elements of the wing back about them, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson being perfect examples. Attacking ability being just as important as their defensive skills. Full back feels like a very different proposition these days and whilst Nyambe is okay I don't ever see him being top drawer.

Should we keep him? Am I bovvered? Not sure I am truth be told.  

4 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I'd say all the very best full-backs these days have elements of the wing back about them, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson being perfect examples. Attacking ability being just as important as their defensive skills. Full back feels like a very different proposition these days and whilst Nyambe is okay I don't ever see him being top drawer.

Should we keep him? Am I bovvered? Not sure I am truth be told.  

I look at it like this - are we likely to replace him with a better player ? If as I suspect the answer is no we aren’t, we need to keep him.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree to a certain extent though I think the clamour is more to do with people’s dislike of the current regime (The Coventrio). A young player (with potential) who is running his contract down is a decent stick with which to beat them with. But in order to do so, you have to make him out to be the new Cafu!! Haha....I understand that completely but I don’t think there’s a top player in Nyambe. His relative success imo is borne out of his physical attributes because his ability (both defensively and offensively) is average and his positioning even worse.

I see much more potential in the likes of JRC, Butterworth (If he can get fit), Buckley, Wharton, Brereton and Davenport

Id also like to see some more of Pike, McBride and Carter next season.

As a model with a mid level budget in the Championship, I would like to see us spend a little more on the first 11 and then strip out the fat between the first 11 and these promising young players...the Holtbys, Evans, Bennett’s, Williams types.

We have a great chance this summer to do exactly that. Hope we don’t buy a load more squad fillers.

I disagree completely on Nyambe. I think he's as good as we could ever hope to get as a Championship Club, any replacement will be an inevitable downgrade and the final kick in the nuts will be the relative peanuts we'll get for him thanks to the appalling way in which Mowbray has treated him.

I agree completely with your comment about spending more on the first X1 and losing the expensive dross squad filling.

One possible positive is we have a great chance to do that this summer ......... but only under a new manager with a completely new outlook you'd imagine.

Otherwise we could see new deals for the likes of Johnson and Bennett and a cushy role for Stewie somewhere within the Club in an alleged coaching capacity.

• Like 2

On 08/05/2021 at 10:53, RevidgeBlue said:

You might be right but hypothetically were it to happen the conversation would go something like this:

Balaji: "So Danny £1m p.a. plus a healthy bonus in the event of promotion to the Premier League".

Cowley: "Done, what a dream job for me, Blackburn Rovers fantastic history, Premier League facilities, Cat 1 Academy etc etc"

Cowley has failed at Portsmouth

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Cowley has failed at Portsmouth

Yes, was just watching the end of that game.

I think his stats since arriving at Portsmouth including today's loss are 

P 12 W 6 D 2 L 4  - 20 points.

We can only dream of returns like that in recent seasons.

8 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Ronan Curtis, are you interested now?

Been saying this for some time as he's been linked for a couple of years on and off. Ronan Curtis is not good enough to make the step up. His mentality is terrible too. Watching him try and ping one from 40 yards in the left wing position today summed him up. He's a petulant, arrogant player who thinks he's significantly better than he actually is. And yes I've seen him play a lot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Good player on his day. Would rather Adam Reach(Former Boro and free, so odds on)

If Mowbray remains as manager for next season which isn't certain then I don't see how Clucas fits into this Mowbray's obsess with playing this possession based game. , 

19 minutes ago, Meesh said:

I know many on here like to brown-nose the Cowley brothers whom recently suggested they're a bigger club than us, but they've just crashed out of the League One play-off spots on the final day thanks to Stanley.

Ronan Curtis, are you interested now?

Beat me to it and much more politely.

I was going to say something along the lines of Cowleys 'Big Club' aspirations got a kick in the balls by (little*) Accy.

* no disrespect intended to Accy.

12 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Beat me to it and much more politely.

I was going to say something along the lines of Cowleys 'Big Club' aspirations got a kick in the balls by (little*) Accy.

* no disrespect intended to Accy.

I can't see anything whatsoever wrong with what Cowley said. He's currently employed by Portsmouth and as long as that's the situation it's his job to big them up.

If the phone rang tomorrow and he was offered a genuinely bigger job it'd suddenly be a case of "Portsmouth, who are they?".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can't see anything whatsoever wrong with what Cowley said. He's currently employed by Portsmouth and as long as that's the situation it's his job to big them up.

If the phone rang tomorrow and he was offered a genuinely bigger job it'd suddenly be a case of "Portsmouth, who are they?".

Did I say I thought he was wrong? No.

Its just that football has a way of delivering a kick back to those who run their mouths from insecure ground. 

BUT not on this Earth are Pompey a bigger club than us - just for the record.

• Backroom

Tbf Accy are only 5 points and three places below Portsmouth, so it wasn't an easy game. Gutting to miss out on the last day after being beaten at home by a team with nothing to play for, though. 

Clucas isnt out of contract until 2022 so on a free, it doesnt make any sense to me.

He is a central midfielder who gets goals but has had injury problems, and if there is anything to the rumour, you would ask why Stoke are giving him away to a team who finished so close to them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You should be if they give Benno a 12 month new deal.

Just to be clear that's the last thing I want. The current clear out really should include both Bennett and Johnson if we are going to have an authentic fresh start especially as neither will bring anything to the party next year.

• Like 2