BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

No.

Why do people think if someone plays off centre that they're being played as a winger? Unless we start playing 442 we won't be playing anyone as a winger.

A front 3 of Lowe Brereton Gallagher is capable of a decent return IMO and I'm up for it.

It's hard to tell at times though, yes they get deployed as wide strikers but it depends on what the other side is doing. Often they end up like defensive wingers stopping the other teams full backs coming forwards. Other times they are indeed peeling wide looking to put a ball in. They both tend to spend a lot of time chasing around in circles in wide mid positions though after terrible first touches of just getting pushed to the deck!

It's a real mish mash at times which is why we lack so much balance and offer nothing going forwards. However we are getting away with it so far this season so it can be argued it's working. Just not in the way wide 'strikers' should do.

Edited by tomphil

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A couple of Preston fans claiming 'sources' say Barkhuizen is being sold tomorrow. Not concrete, obviously, but he has been linked with a deadline day move to Rovers.

Have they said why he is being sold or which clubs are interest or buying him? 

Preston might need the money to sign their own striker which they seems to want given Frank McAvoy's comments

11 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

A couple of Preston fans claiming 'sources' say Barkhuizen is being sold tomorrow. Not concrete, obviously, but he has been linked with a deadline day move to Rovers.

Has he? All I've seen is one fan on this board suggested him when someone said Sharpe, I think it was, said the player we are targeting isn't an out and out striker (and they literally said just one word, 'Barkhuizen?'). Are there actual links?

We could do a lot worse than Jamal Lowe in my opinion, he’s not gunna get you 20 goals a season but with the funds we have I think he’d be a decent enough signing. Seen a few people still mentioning Obafemi but it’s pretty clear that guy has no interest in coming here! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The Jamal Lowe link is a bit from left field.

Surely they will want more money than we have.

Especially if we are spluffing 500k on a back up left back.

He's not worth more than that.  Everytime I've seen him live he's been average at best.  I'd swerve this one.     

He signed a 3 year contract in 2019, a 3 year contract in 2020 and we are going to be the 3rd stupid club to give him one....mind fuck.

And look at the 3 clubs. Basket cases the lot of them.  The guy is taking the piss.  Never done anything anywhere.

Edited by Sparks Rover

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Have they said why he is being sold or which clubs are interest or buying him? 

Preston might need the money to sign their own striker which they seems to want given Frank McAvoy's comments

He's out of contract next summer and it looks like the owner wants to cash in now. Their fans aren't happy at the thought of him leaving, no mention of Rovers from them, just that it could be to another Championship club. It will sting them big time if he signs for us tomorrow!

21 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Has he? All I've seen is one fan on this board suggested him when someone said Sharpe, I think it was, said the player we are targeting isn't an out and out striker (and they literally said just one word, 'Barkhuizen?'). Are there actual links?

I'm sure there was another post before that one word post (maybe a day before it) where somebody claimed we were in for Barkhuizen.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't agree more. I'd be gutted if he was the AA replacement.

With the funds we have and the players we’ve been linked with you’ll be gutted with whoever we sign Rev. I’m not overly excited by Lowe but we could do worse.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

He's out of contract next summer and it looks like the owner wants to cash in now. Their fans aren't happy at the thought of him leaving, no mention of Rovers from them, just that it could be to another Championship club. It will sting them big time if he signs for us tomorrow!

I'm sure there was another post before that one word post (maybe a day before it) where somebody claimed we were in for Barkhuizen.

I posted on Saturday that a friend had let me know that we were in for Barkhuizen. It was being discussed by the fans at Deepdale.

Only a rumour that I thought was a wind up to be honest, I just posted it to see if anyone had heard anything similar 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

He's out of contract next summer and it looks like the owner wants to cash in now. Their fans aren't happy at the thought of him leaving, no mention of Rovers from them, just that it could be to another Championship club. It will sting them big time if he signs for us tomorrow

I'm just surprised they are cashing on him. One of their best player. But they still lack that number 9 striker I guess. 

I wonder who this striker they sign tomorrow 

4 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

This is exactly the business we should be doing.

Modest contract to June 2023 with a club option of a further year (and an out after this season if he flops). A free transfer with City getting a solid % of the sell on fee over £1m (ish).

Patrick Roberts has the potential to be the Championship version of what we got in David Bentley under Mark Hughes. Although (obviously) nothing is guaranteed.

Would much take a gamble on a player like Roberts (to own) rather than a loan like Reda Khadra, financially and otherwise.

Edit. AND he has played for Middlesbrough...

this lad is quality and walks into our team. if its possible it should be done

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm just surprised they are cashing on him. One of their best player. But they still lack that number 9 striker I guess. 

I wonder who this striker they sign tomorrow 

Preston will sign Obafemi, Mowbray pulled out of the race due to fan pressure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

got to laugh,mowbray pays 12 million quid for two centre forwards and now he`s hunting for another one to lead the line because he won`t put either of them in their best position,if this fellow ever gets promoted it will be a bigger miracle than lazarus and the loaves and fishes

And if we get promoted under him, it would be the biggest disaster you could ever imagine.

Down by Christmas!

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its basic on my opinion on the situation and our links to the players weeks before we sold Armstrong to Southampton. Plus Mowbray's comments that he has held no talks with the player

I don't actually think he's coming but you aren't half painting yourself into a corner re Obafemi chaddy.

I bet you'll be saying he's the best thing since sliced bread in the unlikely event we do sign him! 🙂

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I don't actually think he's coming but you aren't half painting yourself into a corner re Obafemi chaddy.

I bet you'll be saying he's the best thing since sliced bread in the unlikely event we do sign him! 🙂

No corner painting at all. Think I've made my position more than clear. 

Expect Obafemi will move to Bournemouth on loan 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Bit of a different vibe in Bournemouth’s Twitter camp about Lowe, they seem buzzing to get him. 
maybe us rovers have unrealistic expectations 

Hmm, maybe. After all, we just lost a 28 goal striker. The most any Bournemouth player scored last season was 15, in Solanke and Danjuma. Danjuma is gone now, and Lowe scored 14 last season, maybe they're thinking it's a cheap way to replace those goals. Our goal void is considerably larger so perhaps we are expecting more - arguably we need more, just to tread water.

• Like 1

We need a 'nasty, uncompromising, centre half and central midfielder, both with weight and experience too. We also need someone who knows where the onion bag is and can finish.

Kaminski, good as he is, also needs to command the 6 yard box and grow a pair!

All would complement our youth, it ain't rocket science but yet our current thick c**ts in situ, can't see it.

We know nowt, aye,

all right!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 2