BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

According to the lancs live:

Michael Obafemi - looks like he'll leave on loan. Bournemouth interested but we've probably moved on.

Ryan Hedges - we've had a bid rejected (£250k) and would need to at least double it. Free in the summer so might wait for a knockdown fee in Jan.

Reda Khadra - Sounds like the injury is stalling the move, could still happen though.

Jamal Lowe - Bournemouth interested (again) but would take £1m+ to land. We've made an enquiry but its likely to go down to the wire.

Tayo Edun - Should happen

Looks set to be a busy day of links but I'm sceptical we'll actually get much done.

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Predictions 

edun in

hedges in

obafemi- loan 

surprise mystery signing 👀

Haha the surprise one is interesting.... 

Obafemi was always coming in on loan surely as part of Armstrong going the other way and Soton paying some of the salary... 

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Predictions 

edun in

hedges in

obafemi- loan 

surprise mystery signing 👀

Why are we even looking at hedges? We’ve got plenty of midfielders, two currently who can play the advanced role in Buckley and Rothwell with our best player in Dack to come back and nail that spot. Doesn’t seem to make much sense to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Why are we even looking at hedges? We’ve got plenty of midfielders, two currently who can play the advanced role in Buckley and Rothwell with our best player in Dack to come back and nail that spot. Doesn’t seem to make much sense to me.

Does Hedges score goals?

Dack aside none of our other midfielders score enough

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Hmm, maybe. After all, we just lost a 28 goal striker. The most any Bournemouth player scored last season was 15, in Solanke and Danjuma. Danjuma is gone now, and Lowe scored 14 last season, maybe they're thinking it's a cheap way to replace those goals. Our goal void is considerably larger so perhaps we are expecting more - arguably we need more, just to tread water.

You would also assume  Swansea are selling him because they feel they can buy better.  He won't be a bargain and his goal record isn't great.  To be honest I had to google who he was.

Sounds to me like theres been a few token offers of half valuation flying around.

'We tried but...'      How serious are they actually ?

2 more loans in who can play wing/false 9/mid probably.

Surprise signing ..... Downing back on a 5 year deal !!!!!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You would also assume  Swansea are selling him because they feel they can buy better.  He won't be a bargain and his goal record isn't great.  To be honest I had to google who he was.

I agree, he signed for 3 years last summer and now they want rid of him.....Wigan did the same in summer 2019 and then wanted rid of him, he didn't do enough.  A pie eater I know was saying he goes missing a lot in games.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I agree, he signed for 3 years last summer and now they want rid of him.....Wigan did the same in summer 2019 and then wanted rid of him, he didn't do enough.  A pie eater I know was saying he goes missing a lot in games.

Flighty winger 🙄

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Not overly concerned about missing out on Lowe, personally. I think he'd improve us, but not massively and it's very unlikely that we'd be able to recoup the £1.5 million further down the line. 

If our strategy now is going to be buy young players and improve them, you can't be spending most of the budget on a good-but-not-great 27 year old. 

2 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Really struggling to understand why we made the effort to resign Chapman, he's shown a bit of promise, and instead we're bringing in a Brighton winger who's injured and has barely any experience. Then again I rarely understand decisions this club makes

I can only imagine this way we can get something in the way of a fee (or sell on) that wouldn't have been there last year had he gone to Shrewsbury. I certainly hope so, otherwise it makes absolutely zero sense. 

I was told Lowe was unlikely last night with bmouth leading chase, they will be spending a bit today with Ryan Christie from Celtic also coming in. As others said I’m not too fussed at missing him, albeit I rate him and advocated his signing when at pompy but with his age now against a resale value, and not what I believe we need up top I’m happy to let bmouth have him. 
Few fires still burning although only one fairly certain 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I was told Lowe was unlikely last night with bmouth leading chase, they will be spending a bit today with Ryan Christie from Celtic also coming in. As others said I’m not too fussed at missing him, albeit I rate him and advocated his signing when at pompy but with his age now against a resale value, and not what I believe we need up top I’m happy to let bmouth have him. 
Few fires still burning although only one fairly certain 

Obafemi coming in on loan with option to buy then?

Don't worry it will all be cheap loans, leaving us bereft of experience - and a squad in 12 months time. After all why not kick problems down the road. Nayambe & Rothwell look like they won't be staying so it's good to have extra work to do in the future, plus uncertainties about one or two others as well. Remember folks it's all about the journey, the long term, despite every decision being the opposite of that. 

• Like 1

Not fussed about missing out on Lowe. Hopefully miss out on the Brighton winger too, a completely unnecessary signing. 

The young, powerful pacey left back/mid from Lincoln is exactly the kind of player we should be going for. Good age too. Now we just need a striker that fits the same criteria!

• Like 5