BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

15 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I can only imagine this way we can get something in the way of a fee (or sell on) that wouldn't have been there last year had he gone to Shrewsbury. I certainly hope so, otherwise it makes absolutely zero sense. 

But if we loan him out, he'll be out of contract again.  Bizzarre.

It wouldn’t be surprising if there is no transfer business done by Rovers today.

It also wouldn’t be surprising if we brought in three on loan all in the same position, sold two for peanuts, gave Chapman away, and paid £5 million for a teenager nobody’s ever heard of at 10:59 pm.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Don't worry it will all be cheap loans, leaving us bereft of experience - and a squad in 12 months time. After all why not kick problems down the road. Nayambe & Rothwell look like they won't be staying so it's good to have extra work to do in the future, plus uncertainties about one or two others as well. Remember folks it's all about the journey, the long term, despite every decision being the opposite of that. 

Do they not? I would imagine both will stay. 

I wouldn't actually be against selling Rothwell though if we got a decent bid from a PL team. 

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do they not? I would imagine both will stay. 

I wouldn't actually be against selling Rothwell though if we got a decent bid from a PL team. 

Last years of their contracts and various people/sources have said neither are working on deals (unlike Lenihen and Bereton.) Add in how Nayambe has been treated as well and I reckon he is definitely off. 

As for the decent bid I agree Rothwell could go - we can't/won't get the best out of him - but only if the money is reinvested in permanent signings. Not sure that would be the case. 

• Like 1

Safe to say Connor Mahoney won't be coming back. Replied to a chap on social media laughing about how Tony Mowbray would kick him out if he showed his face at Brockhall.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yeah just seen that. Not fussed on this Brighton lad to be honest, but happy to eat my words!

A permanent striker is still an absolute must for me.

Not a signing that makes a great deal of sense when we signed the Leeds lad, have Chapman, Dolan and Diaz for the wide positions. Gallagher too I suppose. 

Agreed a proper striker should be the priority, permanent deal obviously better.

6 players for 3 positions, 7 if we sign a striker as well, he isn't going to be able to keep all those happy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Last years of their contracts and various people/sources have said neither are working on deals (unlike Lenihen and Bereton.) Add in how Nayambe has been treated as well and I reckon he is definitely off. 

As for the decent bid I agree Rothwell could go - we can't/won't get the best out of him - but only if the money is reinvested in permanent signings. Not sure that would be the case. 

I don't buy this stuff that Nyambe was treated badly. He starts the vast majority of games he is fit and he does have things he needs to work on. The players just realise they could get better deals elsewhere. Wouldn't be surprised if Nyambe, Lenihan and Brereton all sign new deals eventually 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Brighton winger should be done according to Crooke.

Announced at some point today.

Bugger, was hoping the injury would put paid to that. Complete was of time, how many wingers does a manager who doesn't play wingers need?!

• Like 2

Don't usually promote stuff in here but we're doing a live deadline day show, completely Rovers orientated, from 8:30pm tonight. We'll have Jaquob Crooke, Rich Sharpe, @Herbie6590 & a few more live on the air as the deadline day clock counts down. Hopefully get an exclusive or two from the reporters. Feel free to join us later