BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, JoeH said:

Don't usually promote stuff in here but we're doing a live deadline day show, completely Rovers orientated, from 8:30pm tonight. We'll have Jaquob Crooke, Rich Sharpe, @Herbie6590 & a few more live on the air as the deadline day clock counts down. Hopefully get an exclusive or two from the reporters. Feel free to join us later 

I'll be tuning in, sounds good! 

Just now, Torgeir said:

Obafemi's contract runs out next summer, so maybe he's asking for too much wages, or this is part of a clever deal to get the Armstrong price down.

The two are NOT linked in any way shape or form other then we sold Armstrong  to Southampton and we are possibly interested in one of their players

Surely Obafemi has been waiting to see if Bournemouth bite the bullet on him. Now that's not happening he's probably ready to come here. Difficult because you want players that desperately want to be here, but can understand wanting to wait for the club with much better Top 6 aspirations.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Surely Obafemi has been waiting to see if Bournemouth bite the bullet on him. Now that's not happening he's probably ready to come here. Difficult because you want players that desperately want to be here, but can understand wanting to wait for the club with much better Top 6 aspirations.

They are all mercanaries at the end of the day, so I don't really care once a good player signs. 

We have players under contract at the club currently, who probably don't want to be there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

That's more like it.  No permanent striker money spent.  A report that is believable.

Shame you can't get odds on these things!

You almost sound happy about it? 

But in seriously Rovers transfer planning and target strategy in this window just isn't well planned or organised. Maybe I will post more in coming days why I think that is. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

But in seriously Rovers transfer planning and target strategy in this window just isn't well planned or organised. Maybe I will post more in coming days why I think that is. 

Ya, unbelievable. Who would have thought that with no head of recruitment for 5 months,knowing Armstrong would leave ,we are here on deadline day. Such a shock....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Shows Mowbrays absolute incompetence that he doesn't have something lined up and agreed before selling Arma.

Sounds like they did really but the lad pulled out and waited for other interest. 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Sounds like they did really but the lad pulled out and waited for other interest. 

That's why we should have moved on to other targets and stop out pursuing the Obafemi but Mowbray and Rovers have wasted weeks chasing him..

Hope we don't sign 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, unbelievable. Who would have thought that with no head of recruitment for 5 months,knowing Armstrong would leave ,we are here on deadline day. Such a shock....

Like I said yesterday we had interim head of Recruitment in place. So you can keep.posting all this BS who look at the real reasons why no Armstrong replacement permanent striker signing hasn't been sign yet. 

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Shows Mowbrays absolute incompetence that he doesn't have something lined up and agreed before selling Arma.

I think the issues with this are above Mowbray. 

I wouldn't imagine we have a stellar negotiating team when it comes to deals. If anything it seems talking to Mowbray is what makes players decide to come in many instances 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said yesterday we had interim head of Recruitment in place. So you can keep.posting all this BS who look at the real reasons why no Armstrong replacement permanent striker signing hasn't been sign yet. 

You said earlier in the window it didn't matter there was no head of recruitment in place as the previous guy had identified targets. Now you're saying there was an interim person in place. You're tying yourself in knots(as usual) and that's why people struggle to take what you say seriously at times. You're constantly flip flopping and moving the goalposts when it suits the point you're trying to make..

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not happy.  Just what I expect.  I'll happily eat my words if we do sign a permanent striker. 

Our transfer recruitment has been unorganised for years.  

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Just like Man City.

Apart from Aguero only scored 4 of their goals, the rest were spread around some of the best attacking talent in Europe, and they already have brought in a marquee attacking midfield signing to bolster an already very strong squad. 

So yeah, just like Man City... 

• Like 2