BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Left back.....is he fed up with the Crewe lad already,?

Good to have two at the club. TE covers central midfield really well, actually like the look of him more there to be honest.

Just now, callumrovers said:

Back up, plus gives me flexibility when changing to a 3 at the back.

3 at the back has never worked for Mogadon....is he just insistent that we play that way no matter what?  I hear the Lincoln lad is better than Crewe boy?  Waste of money somewhere here...

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Waste of money somewhere here...

It's two players under the age of 24 with the potential to get very good, who can push each other with some competition in a historically weak position for the club

Just now, JoeH said:

It's two players under the age of 24 with the potential to get very good, who can push each other with some competition in a historically weak position for the club

Well Joe, we know the Crewe.lad can't defend properly, he's a ball watcher and his positional play under pressure is poor.  I hope this one can defend and not just cross the ball.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Disappointing signing, I'm assuming Chapman sold.

Surely Khadra isn't better than Danny Butterworth who's been frozen out by Mowbray

I'm another who doesn't want Butterworth frozen out. Should be eating out for weeks on the strength of that sublime reverse pass.

Same old story. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Apart from Aguero only scored 4 of their goals, the rest were spread around some of the best attacking talent in Europe, and they already have brought in a marquee attacking midfield signing to bolster an already very strong squad. 

So yeah, just like Man City... 

Couldn't get their striker over the line was the point, with a little tongue in cheek.  Shame you didn't spot that.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We have no left back cover, that's bad

We sign a permanent left back as competition, also for some this is bad 

Can't win 

I don't see it as bad, we need cover/competition there.

Just a bit odd we are spending our limited funds on a backup left back, when we need a striker.

Just now, 47er said:

I'm another who doesn't want Butterworth frozen out. Should be eating out for weeks on the strength of that sublime reverse pass.

Same old story. 

Think Dan's issue is like a lot of our academy lot, injuries. What are we feeding them?

9 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Apart from Aguero only scored 4 of their goals, the rest were spread around some of the best attacking talent in Europe, and they already have brought in a marquee attacking midfield signing to bolster an already very strong squad. 

So yeah, just like Man City... 

Think we are trying to do exactly the same as City I’m not relying on one player to score the majority of goals but to spread them around more. Hence the targets being mainly wide attackers who can contribute 10 to 15 goals . So yeah just like City

Mowbray was offered Simeon Nwankwo (Simy) for 800k Euros in May, from Serie A relegated side (Crotone) Salernitana.

He is a 6'6" Nigerian centre forward, who was only a couple of goals behind Lukaku in goals scored in last seasons Serie A (scoring 20), playing in a team almost relegated at Christmas!

The only downside to 'the gurning one', was that he is 29 years old! 

Not like we could have done with him or owt!.......go figure!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 4