BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I look at it like this - are we likely to replace him with a better player ? If as I suspect the answer is no we aren’t, we need to keep him.

You have a very valid point. I'd like to think there is better out there but whether or not there's any real chance of us getting them is the million dollar question..

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Clucas isnt out of contract until 2022 so on a free, it doesnt make any sense to me.

He is a central midfielder who gets goals but has had injury problems, and if there is anything to the rumour, you would ask why Stoke are giving him away to a team who finished so close to them.

Stoke still have a massive wage bill there so I imagine they want to reduce it whilst allowing Michael O'Neill to sign own players on lesser wages. 

I don't know what wages Clucas is on but I don't see them fitting within our wage budget or Mowbray tactical approach. 

He not someone I think we should be signing

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke still have a massive wage bill there so I imagine they want to reduce it whilst allowing Michael O'Neill to sign own players on lesser wages. 

I don't know what wages Clucas is on but I don't see them fitting within our wage budget or Mowbray tactical approach. 

He not someone I think we should be signing

Mowbray cares not whether a player is suited to play within his flawed tactical framework anyway so doubt that would be an issue to him!

I agree on the wages thing, if Stoke cant afford him, how can we? Nixon presumably talking out his arse again.

As a player, whenever I have watched him he has never really stood out but he gets goals from midfield which could be important in what I expect to be a dogfight next season with most of our goals removed. He is also of a good age in that we need more experience but not players of an age whereby their career is about to end.

A big issue though is the injuries, Evans is on is way out but we still have a cast of players who love to keep the physio busy already in Ayala, Davenport, Rankin Costello etc, we dont need more injury prone players.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Clucas isnt out of contract until 2022 so on a free, it doesnt make any sense to me.

He is a central midfielder who gets goals but has had injury problems, and if there is anything to the rumour, you would ask why Stoke are giving him away to a team who finished so close to them.

I've seen quite a bit of Clucas and, in my humble opinion, he's shite.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LDRover said:

I've seen quite a bit of Clucas and, in my humble opinion, he's shite.

If he is also linked to teesside, then he sounds just a TM signing, crap, sicknote and a North Easterner, happy days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray cares not whether a player is suited to play within his flawed tactical framework anyway so doubt that would be an issue to him!

That's why his possession based game when never work. 

I agree on the wages thing, if Stoke cant afford him, how can we? Nixon presumably talking out his arse again.

As a player, whenever I have watched him he has never really stood out but he gets goals from midfield which could be important in what I expect to be a dogfight next season with most of our goals removed. He is also of a good age in that we need more experience but not players of an age whereby their career is about to end.

I don't know the complete story to be honest and whether Stoke are trying to move him on this summer and looking to move him on or his agent is offering him to clubs. Who knows. But would I sign him? No I wouldn't. I wouldn't be signing a 30 year old player in this window but looking players age between 21 to 28 years old. 

I think what we need a good solid defensive midfielder who will protect the back 4 between the age of 24 to 28 and maybe another depending on who the manager is, how we will play tactically and formation wise. 

He was a wide midfielder when he started, he's only been converted to CM in the last few seasons I think. Very much in the Downing mould. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't know the complete story to be honest and whether Stoke are trying to move him on this summer and looking to move him on or his agent is offering him to clubs. Who knows. But would I sign him? No I wouldn't. I wouldn't be signing a 30 year old player in this window but looking players age between 21 to 28 years old. 

I think what we need a good solid defensive midfielder who will protect the back 4 between the age of 24 to 28 and maybe another depending on who the manager is, how we will play tactically and formation wise. 

We need some leaders and wiser more experienced heads in our team. Particularly at centre back and in central midfield. To not sign a player because he is 29, 30 or even 31 years of age would be lunacy if he has the ability to come in and improve the team. Also a 29-31 year old his hardly past their prime and in some cases still in it.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why his possession based game when never work. 

Makes no sense to pigeon hole players only in a certain age range. We will be losing Evans, Downing, Holtby and ideally (although I think we will keep both sadly) Johnson and Bennett. Some experience (not too old, 30 isnt that though) would be very helpful I think. It could be particularly helpful if we was to get into a scrap at the bottom.

17 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

We need some leaders and wiser more experienced heads in our team. Particularly at centre back and in central midfield. To not sign a player because he is 29, 30 or even 31 years of age would be lunacy if he has the ability to come in and improve the team. Also a 29-31 year old his hardly past their prime and in some cases still in it.

Plenty of good quality experience players we can sign from within those age bracket I suggested

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Makes no sense to pigeon hole players only in a certain age range. We will be losing Evans, Downing, Holtby and ideally (although I think we will keep both sadly) Johnson and Bennett. Some experience (not too old, 30 isnt that though) would be very helpful I think. It could be particularly helpful if we was to get into a scrap at the bottom.

I would get rid of Bennett and Johnson. From reading Bennett social media post on Saturday evening I took it he is leaving. Have you seen it? I can see him wanting to be home all the time instead of staying away from home days a week. Losing Evans, Downing and Holtby(who was fit enough to warrant a new contract) is no big miss and we need better and players who will be fit for most of the games next season

Of Course its makes plenty of sense to sign players from within that age bracket. We need new players who we can develop and have experience in this league or other quality leagues from within that age bracket and give them 3 or 4 years contract and build a good quality squad under a new manager/head coach that can improve next season and hopefully get us promoted in 2 seasons from this league

15 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Of course but why write a player off just because he is 29-31 years of age. It makes no sense.

Building a squad that will be together for few seasons. We have experience players already in the squad like Kaminski, Ayala, Lenihan, Travis. Now is the time to bring through our young good enough players and signing the right quality players with experience and within the age bracket I set under a new head coach/manager next season

One example that We could sign Alex Mowatt from Barnsley who is quality player and captain them. Aged 26. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Building a squad that will be together for few seasons. We have experience players already in the squad like Kaminski, Ayala, Lenihan, Travis. Now is the time to bring through our young good enough players and signing the right quality players with experience and within the age bracket I set under a new head coach/manager next season

One example that We could sign Alex Mowatt from Barnsley who is quality player and captain them. Aged 26. 

Dont understand why the captain of 5th in the league would join 15th, even assuming that Barnsley dont go up. He would be better off staying or even if he doesnt he could do far better than us.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lenihan might be experienced but he has never really matured needs and older more experienced head alongside him. Travis is 23 and has played 88 Championship games hardly a wealth of experience is it. As for Ayala I will assume that you are joking when you mention him as surely you have worked out by now that he is a complete waste of space.

One of the best defenders in the Championship this season was Grant Hanley (aged 29), one of the best strikers was Temu Pukki (aged 31). The best side we played at home this season I thought was Watford their midfield dominated us and it had two 31 year olds in it.

To write a player of simply because of his age is foolish, judge a player on their fitness and ability when deciding to sign them not their age.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont understand why the captain of 5th in the league would join 15th, even assuming that Barnsley dont go up. He would be better off staying or even if he doesnt he could do far better than us.

and what happened if Barnsley don't offer him a new contract this summer or he might want a new challenge. 

A good manager would be targeting him this summer. Until Mowbray has gone we don't have that

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and what happened if Barnsley don't offer him a new contract this summer or he might want a new challenge. 

A good manager would be targeting him this summer. Until Mowbray has gone we don't have that

Little Barnsley are preparing for the playoffs,theyre probably waiting to see what division they'll be in next season,i doubt he'll want a new challenge if theyre in the Premiership.

• Like 1

Talking about individual players in isolation is a pointless exercise unless we’ve decided on a coherent way of playing. Then we can decide what we need to sign in the way of players to fulfil the plan.

I don’t think Mowbray works that way though. He just collects players first and then just shoehorns them into some in-effective system.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What did he put? Dont have instagram so havent seen what he or Kaminski have put.

Basically bye to those leaving and that he's looking forward to next season when the fans are back. Also that a lot was learnt this season, to bring into the next. Fairly unequivocal I would say 

What did Kaminski say? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1