BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Apparently Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu (Luton)  is out of contract at the end of June. Bit of a nuisance in midfield (quite noticeable against Rovers) and can drop back into central defence as a temporary measure. 

Would certainly out some bite into midfield and only 28 in July

Edited by perthblue02

They'll have to keep some experience in there after finally cutting off Evans.  Johnson and Bennett will probably stay.  

Don't particularly mind Bennett staying but do mind the muddled messiah putting him in at RB.  Called it ages ago that he'd end up there and Nyambie would be off so we'll see.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Basically bye to those leaving and that he's looking forward to next season when the fans are back. Also that a lot was learnt this season, to bring into the next. Fairly unequivocal I would say 

What did Kaminski say? 

Oh dear, didnt want him to stay, a liability in front of the back 4. I get that we need experience but not in the form of players not capable on the pitch. 

I think @JoeH suggested that Kaminski essentially wished Bell goodbye.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Bell posted a photo with #thelastdance

Kaminski replied saying it’s been a pleasure and all the best for the future, seemed pretty clear he’s off 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Oh dear, didnt want him to stay, a liability in front of the back 4. I get that we need experience but not in the form of players not capable on the pitch. 

I think @JoeH suggested that Kaminski essentially wished Bell goodbye.

Agree, think a bad move to retain Johnson, not much use most games, a liability in some, and a handful only in a handful. Not young, won't improve, could deteriorate even further and will definitely be on north of 10k p/w, probably pushing 15k.

For the money I'm sure we can do better in the market. I'd rather one good, consistent midfielder in there than Evans, Johnson and Downing put together, and their wages could cover it. I bet that's 40k p/w to cover a 1 mill ish fee and a 20k p/w wage for someone.

• Like 3

I'm a bit surprised at Bell as the LT seemed to think he was being offered one, but clearly they got it wrong.

I suppose this means we are either intending to offer Douglas a contract which I hope not, or we are dipping into the market for another LB.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm a bit surprised at Bell as the LT seemed to think he was being offered one, but clearly they got it wrong.

I suppose this means we are either intending to offer Douglas a contract which I hope not, or we are dipping into the market for another LB.

Pickering is a left back isn't he...?

Typical Mowbray, Johnson was past it when we signed him, plays decent 1 game in 4 and only plays every 3rd game, another on 10k plus a week, absolute shambles!

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 3

I wonder what the market is gonna be like for Barry Bannan at 31 year old, best player on the park in most of the Sheff wed games we have played against them.

Could sit in the double pivot with Travis very nicely.

Would rather spend the money on him than Bradley Johnson. 

• Like 3

Rovers are after Ben Sheaf. Dont know alot about him. Currently on loan from Arsenal at Coventry. Young, CM, keeps the ball ticking over.  Played 29 times this season in the champ before getting injured, now fit but Coventry wont play him as agreement in place that they will pay a fee to take him perm when he hits a certain amount of apperances. Contract expries May 2021. Potential free transfer, young, cheapish wages, championship experience.

Room for growth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Well the rumour seems to be he's turned it down because more is being offered elsewhere.

Not sure whether that sends a good message or bad one but if they are sticking to their guns, saying we only rate you at X amount per week that's fair enough.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Don't think we will sign anybody until after Arma has actually departed and the numbers have been crunched by Cheston.

Until then we are under a transfer embargo.

Freebies and loans at max 10k pwk will still be a goer i would have though. 

Seems like they might be cutting or culling all those on that or more to come into line with it anyway.

Edited by tomphil

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Typical Mowbray, Johnson was past it when we signed him, plays decent 1 game in 4 and only plays every 3rd game, another on 10k plus a week, absolute shambles!

Agreed.

Absolute disgrace if Johnson gets a new deal, ditto Bennett.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, callumrovers said:

Rovers are after Ben Sheaf. Dont know alot about him. Currently on loan from Arsenal at Coventry. Young, CM, keeps the ball ticking over.  Played 29 times this season in the champ before getting injured, now fit but Coventry wont play him as agreement in place that they will pay a fee to take him perm when he hits a certain amount of apperances. Contract expries May 2021. Potential free transfer, young, cheapish wages, championship experience.

Room for growth.

Plays for errrrm Coventry. Who'd have thought it?

Wonder who Warnock wants shut of this summer? Let's hope Mowbray is gone before he gets the chance to palm off his latest round of cast offs on us.

• Like 2

According to a friend in Italy we've been offered a 6 ft 6 Nigerian centre forward Simy Nwankwo who plays for Crotone in Serie A for 800,000 Euros.

Crotone were relegated but the player scored 19 goals, only 2 less than Lukaku. Mowbray wasn't interested apparently.

Seems a fairly low risk punt at that price. Perhaps his Coventry/Boro connections weren't strong enough.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Maybe Bell wants to play football?

He's been alienated by our manager since January. A few token games at the end of the season before desperately offering him a contract extension because you can't be arsed to find anyone better maybe isn't the golden ticket he's after?

Fair play to him if he's told Tombola to fuck off.

• Like 2