16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

One example that We could sign Alex Mowatt from Barnsley who is quality player and captain them. Aged 26. 

We could also sign Ivan Toney, Buendia and Michael. Olise.....

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly I'm at a point where I just can't get excited about new signings as long as Mowbray is in charge. Even if the signee appears impressive I already know his impact will be neutered by Mowbray's

Hi all. Would like to thank anyone and everyone who has given my work a read over the last few days. As you can probably tell it took a very long time to do and a lot of late nights around my full tim

Fast forwards 12 months.... 'We lost the quality of Holtby and the goals of Armstrong last summer along with the regular right back and the experience of Johnson.  It's a sad day for the club but

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Building a squad that will be together for few seasons. We have experience players already in the squad like Kaminski, Ayala, Lenihan, Travis. Now is the time to bring through our young good enough players and signing the right quality players with experience and within the age bracket I set under a new head coach/manager next season

One example that We could sign Alex Mowatt from Barnsley who is quality player and captain them. Aged 26. 

Dont understand why the captain of 5th in the league would join 15th, even assuming that Barnsley dont go up. He would be better off staying or even if he doesnt he could do far better than us.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Building a squad that will be together for few seasons. We have experience players already in the squad like Kaminski, Ayala, Lenihan, Travis. Now is the time to bring through our young good enough players and signing the right quality players with experience and within the age bracket I set under a new head coach/manager next season

Lenihan might be experienced but he has never really matured needs and older more experienced head alongside him. Travis is 23 and has played 88 Championship games hardly a wealth of experience is it. As for Ayala I will assume that you are joking when you mention him as surely you have worked out by now that he is a complete waste of space.

One of the best defenders in the Championship this season was Grant Hanley (aged 29), one of the best strikers was Temu Pukki (aged 31). The best side we played at home this season I thought was Watford their midfield dominated us and it had two 31 year olds in it.

To write a player of simply because of his age is foolish, judge a player on their fitness and ability when deciding to sign them not their age.

Edited by Ewood Ace
4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dont understand why the captain of 5th in the league would join 15th, even assuming that Barnsley dont go up. He would be better off staying or even if he doesnt he could do far better than us.

and what happened if Barnsley don't offer him a new contract this summer or he might want a new challenge. 

A good manager would be targeting him this summer. Until Mowbray has gone we don't have that

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

and what happened if Barnsley don't offer him a new contract this summer or he might want a new challenge. 

A good manager would be targeting him this summer. Until Mowbray has gone we don't have that

Little Barnsley are preparing for the playoffs,theyre probably waiting to see what division they'll be in next season,i doubt he'll want a new challenge if theyre in the Premiership.

Posted (edited)

Talking about individual players in isolation is a pointless exercise unless we’ve decided on a coherent way of playing. Then we can decide what we need to sign in the way of players to fulfil the plan.

I don’t think Mowbray works that way though. He just collects players first and then just shoehorns them into some in-effective system.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bradley Johnson is staying going off what he just wrote on Instagram

What did he put? Dont have instagram so havent seen what he or Kaminski have put.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What did he put? Dont have instagram so havent seen what he or Kaminski have put.

Basically bye to those leaving and that he's looking forward to next season when the fans are back. Also that a lot was learnt this season, to bring into the next. Fairly unequivocal I would say 

What did Kaminski say? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Posted (edited)

Apparently Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu (Luton)  is out of contract at the end of June. Bit of a nuisance in midfield (quite noticeable against Rovers) and can drop back into central defence as a temporary measure. 

Would certainly out some bite into midfield and only 28 in July

Edited by perthblue02

They'll have to keep some experience in there after finally cutting off Evans.  Johnson and Bennett will probably stay.  

Don't particularly mind Bennett staying but do mind the muddled messiah putting him in at RB.  Called it ages ago that he'd end up there and Nyambie would be off so we'll see.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Basically bye to those leaving and that he's looking forward to next season when the fans are back. Also that a lot was learnt this season, to bring into the next. Fairly unequivocal I would say 

What did Kaminski say? 

Oh dear, didnt want him to stay, a liability in front of the back 4. I get that we need experience but not in the form of players not capable on the pitch. 

I think @JoeH suggested that Kaminski essentially wished Bell goodbye.

Bell posted a photo with #thelastdance

Kaminski replied saying it’s been a pleasure and all the best for the future, seemed pretty clear he’s off 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Oh dear, didnt want him to stay, a liability in front of the back 4. I get that we need experience but not in the form of players not capable on the pitch. 

I think @JoeH suggested that Kaminski essentially wished Bell goodbye.

Agree, think a bad move to retain Johnson, not much use most games, a liability in some, and a handful only in a handful. Not young, won't improve, could deteriorate even further and will definitely be on north of 10k p/w, probably pushing 15k.

For the money I'm sure we can do better in the market. I'd rather one good, consistent midfielder in there than Evans, Johnson and Downing put together, and their wages could cover it. I bet that's 40k p/w to cover a 1 mill ish fee and a 20k p/w wage for someone.

I'm a bit surprised at Bell as the LT seemed to think he was being offered one, but clearly they got it wrong.

I suppose this means we are either intending to offer Douglas a contract which I hope not, or we are dipping into the market for another LB.

Just now, bluebruce said:

I'm a bit surprised at Bell as the LT seemed to think he was being offered one, but clearly they got it wrong.

I suppose this means we are either intending to offer Douglas a contract which I hope not, or we are dipping into the market for another LB.

Pickering is a left back isn't he...?

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Pickering is a left back isn't he...?

....yes. We had two. It would be foolish to go through the season with one.

Posted (edited)

Typical Mowbray, Johnson was past it when we signed him, plays decent 1 game in 4 and only plays every 3rd game, another on 10k plus a week, absolute shambles!

Edited by DeeCee

I wonder what the market is gonna be like for Barry Bannan at 31 year old, best player on the park in most of the Sheff wed games we have played against them.

Could sit in the double pivot with Travis very nicely.

Would rather spend the money on him than Bradley Johnson. 

• K-Hod pinned this topic
  • K-Hod locked this topic
  • K-Hod unlocked this topic