BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

14 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It wouldn’t be. And we need a centre forward - not another wide forward / winger.

We need wingers to play up front so we can play our forwards on the wing. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

People looking at his record and moaning. But he's been playing Premier League & La Liga football. He's got individuality. Strong, pacey, would be great on the counter with Brereton.

Downside is no central forward, but that's hardly Oli's fault.

No good being strong and pacey if you have no end product. Plus its not about whose fault it is, he isnt what we need.

• Like 4

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

People looking at his record and moaning. But he's been playing Premier League & La Liga football. He's got individuality. Strong, pacey, would be great on the counter with Brereton.

So you are saying that stats don’t tell the story here?

This is bizarro world stuff 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We're in need of a striker to contribute with some goals. I'm not convinced our current squad (+ Burke) have enough goals in them.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Joe, just for the record, I am not blaming Burke for Rovers not signing a permanent striker in this window. For that I am blaming the Rovers management at the club and the Transfer committee we have that decide who we target as signings and the transfer strategy in this window. Now if we sign Burke on loan along as permanent striker then I would have been delighted. 

I heard yourself on the Rovers chat transfer deadline special and the question you asked Ryan and Agree with your answers for how we moved forward as a club, which is through smart thought out signings for low cost, free signings and keep bringing through our academy players. 

Going forward, I think Rovers have to been solid defensive and play on the counter with our players. I think we have a decent squad and I think we will finish a mid table this season. Gallagher must play as the main number 9 striker from now on

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

We need wingers to play up front so we can play our forwards on the wing. 

Gally wide right, Diaz left, then one of Burke/Dolan/Poveda/Buckley/Clarkson through the middle. As I say, it’s gonna boil my piss seeing that this season.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Going forward, I think Rovers have to been solid defensive and play on the counter with our players. I think we have a decent squad and I think we will finish a mid table this season. 

We haven't replaced Armstrong, lost Elliott plus a load of others and even with them we were shite last season, how do you think we improve this season

• Like 1