BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, yeti-dog said:

The problem with keeping Bennett is that although he's versatile he's just not very good at all the things he's versatile at.

Get rid.

That's the problem though when you are the gaffers love child it was the same with Lowe.  They'll keep trying to fit you in somewhere just because you are good to have around.

If Bennett was used properly, not regularly, just properly in his real positions he'd probably still serve a purpose.  I agree the time is right to cut him loose but we are going to be very light on any experience next season.

Mowbray/Venus/Lowe/Benson and a bag full of kids being rotated weekly is relegation guaranteed imo.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, callumrovers said:

Rovers are after Ben Sheaf. Dont know alot about him. Currently on loan from Arsenal at Coventry. Young, CM, keeps the ball ticking over.  Played 29 times this season in the champ before getting injured, now fit but Coventry wont play him as agreement in place that they will pay a fee to take him perm when he hits a certain amount of apperances. Contract expries May 2021. Potential free transfer, young, cheapish wages, championship experience.

Room for growth.

Where is this from?

I dont remember seeing him play, looking online, Coventry fans dont seem to particularly want him back, suggesting that he gives the ball away at times dithering in front of the defence, and that he seems not to have really matured from the sanitised under 23 environment. Here is a thread on him:

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/ben-sheaf-future.131648/

His future seems to be a bit of a mystery, Coventry had an obligation to buy clause in his contract, so the fact that they presumably want to get out of that doesnt bode well, and surely means that he is still under contract at Arsenal if a fee was set to change hands. Plus he has suffered a bad injury. Strange one.

• Like 1

I think where we are up to is that those players willing to accept more of the same - another 12 months at the same or less salary - will hang about. So Johnson will come into that category.

The others - Evans, Bell and more to come - will be getting advised that they can get more than 1 year elsewhere which is why they will be leaving.

Doesn't bode well that's all I can say.

No way would Mowbray be allowed any input into contracts at this juncture if he was leaving.

Shame because I was looking forward to being back watching games.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Do not let one man ruin something for you. If the last 12 months has taught us anything it is not to take anything for granted. In modern times there are no guarantees Rovers will be here in the next 10 years. 

Boycotting does not work with owners that are not interested in the thoughts of fans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Do not let one man ruin something for you. If the last 12 months has taught us anything it is not to take anything for granted. In modern times there are no guarantees Rovers will be here in the next 10 years. 

Boycotting does not work with owners that are not interested in the thoughts of fans. 

It isn't one man though, it's 3, plus inadequate staff throughout and owners that couldn't care less.

The trust has long gone and the only way that gets repaired is if one or preferably all of the 3 stooges depart.

Admittedly my anger goes well beyond football and results. In normal conditions I might forgive/forget the horrendous results and performances and put it to the back of my mind when renewal time comes.

But after the training ground stunt and blackmail of fans over the last 12 months too many bridges have been burned and I simply can't justify offering any level of support to these charlatans who are not acting in the interest of the club and are not worthy of the positions they occupy.

My position might change but i think it is very unlikely. I also won't allow them to guilt trip me further. If the club is in danger of insolvency then the wages of Waggott, Mulgrew and co. need to go first.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from?

I dont remember seeing him play, looking online, Coventry fans dont seem to particularly want him back, suggesting that he gives the ball away at times dithering in front of the defence, and that he seems not to have really matured from the sanitised under 23 environment. Here is a thread on him:

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/ben-sheaf-future.131648/

His future seems to be a bit of a mystery, Coventry had an obligation to buy clause in his contract, so the fact that they presumably want to get out of that doesnt bode well, and surely means that he is still under contract at Arsenal if a fee was set to change hands. Plus he has suffered a bad injury. Strange one.

Apologies, when I say free, I mean his contract ends as of May 2021. We will still need to pay compensation to Arsenal via a tribunal if we did sign him... Unless we sort out a fee with Arsenal prior (wont be alot.) 

Edited by callumrovers
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think where we are up to is that those players willing to accept more of the same - another 12 months at the same or less salary - will hang about. So Johnson will come into that category.

The others - Evans, Bell and more to come - will be getting advised that they can get more than 1 year elsewhere which is why they will be leaving.

Doesn't bode well that's all I can say.

No way would Mowbray be allowed any input into contracts at this juncture if he was leaving.

Good point 

Think its looking like he's staying 

A lot of spoof on here from "ITKS". Should "IDK" , as in I don't know. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

How many Clubs having had bad owners have actually disappeared completely?

How many Clubs of Rovers stature and history have actually disappeared completely?

Meanwhile Clubs in Leagues below us with little or no history continue to be bought.

The only way we disappear is if Vs force it that way whilst ignoring other options.

They are a mean spirited spiteful family so that could happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Apologies, when I say free, I mean his contract ends as of May 2021. We will still need to pay compensation to Arsenal via a tribunal if we did sign him... Unless we sought out a fee with Arsenal prior (wont be alot.) 

Where is this information from? I saw since that @J*B put similar on twitter but was unsure if either of you posted based on the other, or have heard it seperately.

If true, sounds a little underwhelming based on his spells at Doncaster and Coventry, and perhaps a cheap replacement for Evans. His supposed style and weaknesses make him sound like a Johnson lite version!

Low fee signings of young players from big teams do make sense in theory although I suppose the Davenport deal hasnt really worked out and it has a lot of similarities.

42 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I reckon Ben Sheaf is an analyst signing if I'm honest. 

Seems an odd dig at the analysts with no evidence. Surely the fact he plays at Coventry points more to this being a Mowbray deal?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Low fee signings of young players from big teams do make sense in theory although I suppose the Davenport deal hasnt really worked out and it has a lot of similarities.

I think at £250,000 with some add-ons, the Davenport deal has plenty of time to look great in the future. He looked good the other day and could continue to grow. Unlike BB and SG he doesn't have a stupid money move hanging over him. 

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think at £250,000 with some add-ons, the Davenport deal has plenty of time to look great in the future. He looked good the other day and could continue to grow. Unlike BB and SG he doesn't have a stupid money move hanging over him. 

I think at times he has looked decent although I thought he didnt really take his chance at the weekend. He should have been given more starts in the last few games though over players like Evans, Johnson and Trybull who wont and/or shouldnt be here next season. His Rovers career which is 3 years old has not really got off the ground and like Ayala and Rankin Costello, he unfortunately seems to be made of glass.

The theory behind such deals (low fee youngsters to grow) does make sense although Davenport like Chapman has not worked out as we may have hoped.

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I don't think Ben Sheaf will be a bad signing.

Whereas if Mowbray was making the signing it'd be mostly shit.

I also want Mowbray out but its counter productive if whoever the manager is has his signings made above his head.

Bradley sodding Johnson. 

Just as I started to get happy about Evans and Bell going as well. 

Hard to see the logic behind this. He's looked unfit ever since he has joined us, another year on the clock won't do anything to help that either. 

His performances have been horrifically inconsistent. Very good 1 in 4, a liability 1 in 3. It's like russian roulette playing him in midfield. Not sure how performances warrant a contract extension. 

Then you have the past history of resigning Downing for a year which tanked. Seems stupid to try the same risky strategy with another aging player. 

Buggered if I know how a 34 (35?) year old fits into the journey and our plans. Especially one who is a dead weight in a third of the games he plays. Cannot see the logic of this whatsoever. 

• Like 7

Ben Sheaf rumours seems to lack credibility. Spoken with a Coventry fan who says it’s a loan to buy deal they have and there’s an obligation apparently.

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Ben Sheaf rumours seems to lack credibility. Spoken with a Coventry fan who says it’s a loan to buy deal they have and there’s an obligation apparently.

And what if the player doesn't want to sign for Coventry ?

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

According to a friend in Italy we've been offered a 6 ft 6 Nigerian centre forward Simy Nwankwo who plays for Crotone in Serie A for 800,000 Euros.

Crotone were relegated but the player scored 19 goals, only 2 less than Lukaku. Mowbray wasn't interested apparently.

Seems a fairly low risk punt at that price. Perhaps his Coventry/Boro connections weren't strong enough.

Quite the purple patch at the end of this season! Surely he'd be more expensive, and have better financial and sporting prospects in Italy? Or is the Championship still that financially bloated compared to the continental leagues?

Skärmavbild 2021-05-10 kl. 13.08.13.png

2 minutes ago, Commondore said:

Quite the purple patch at the end of this season! Surely he'd be more expensive, and have better financial and sporting prospects in Italy? Or is the Championship still that financially bloated compared to the continental leagues?

Skärmavbild 2021-05-10 kl. 13.08.13.png

I have absolutely no idea on either count, I'm only relaying what I've been told!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JoeH said:

There was only an obligation to buy when certain criteria was met. I far as I'm aware this wasnt met. This was appearances etc. The agreed price was £750,000

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A lot of spoof on here from "ITKS". Should "IDK" , as in I don't know. 

Say something enough times and it’ll eventually come true. 

It’s interesting that ITKs never disagree with each other - when one claims a signing is imminent, Jordan Rhodes or Bradley Dack is being sold, or TM is getting sacked, none of the others come out and say “that isn’t what I heard”. Maybe that’s because most of them have as much insight on the inner workings of BRFC as the rest of us. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Barry Douglas confirms Blackburn decision, Leeds return (tbrfootball.com)

At least Douglas isn't coming back. 

No Bell either apparently so another LB needed. 

One of the poorest and disappointing signings in recent years. Had high hopes for him and he was arguably worse than Amari.

• Like 4