BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

With all due respect to the players that have just joined, that is an abysmal transfer window.

After losing 13 players, and with numerous contracts coming up in the summer, to only sign 1 player on a permanent basis is baffling. 

For you to say that I think speaks volumes.

Plus, how are the only two guys we've actually spent a permanent fee on going to get on the pitch?

They can't both play at LB unless the guy from Lincoln is somehow going to be shoehorned in in midfield.

To say it's a shambles doesn't do it justice. Just the usual running round at the last minute desperately trying to see who's still available, bringing in bodies for the sake of it in positions where we already have cover and completely ignoring the priority areas most in need of attention.

• Like 4

That's a sickening end to this window of opportunity but I'm not surprised. It smacks of all that is wrong about this club currently and makes me both angry and sad. The excuses will come thick and fast from tomorrow onwards but the ineptitude of the owners, the CEO and Management is at the root of this dismal outcome. Leaves me extremely disenchanted with everything that is Rovers.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Abysmal end to the window no doubt Mowbray and Waggott will trot out how hard they tried, get a few sly digs in at fans remind us its not 1995, oh and the masses on facebook are lapping it up, i've seen great window, mcbride can fill armstrongs role. That lot are just as bad as the idiots in charge they accept any garbage the club trots out

Yep. The Facebook brigade (and there are many more - but them in particular) deserve Venky’s. The rest of us don’t. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

John Park was described by the manager as a workaholic 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19510574.blackburn-rovers-transfer-chief-appointment-no-brainer-mowbray/

Now call me old fashioned but if someone is a workaholic, working all hours and getting those results something indicates they may not be very adept at actually doing the job.

Or he has to work longer at his Job because he can't do it as quickly or effectively as a competently skilled person 🤷🏻‍♂️.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

John Park was described by the manager as a workaholic 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19510574.blackburn-rovers-transfer-chief-appointment-no-brainer-mowbray/

Now call me old fashioned but if someone is a workaholic, working all hours and getting those results something indicates they may not be very adept at actually doing the job.

I get football is a different work place but I've always found that the workaholics working all hours are generally quite poor at their jobs and time management (but make up for it by being first in last out)

• Like 5

• Backroom

Is there a solid argument that we are stronger in any position other than left back?

Keepers - same 

Right back - lost back up in Bennett, otherwise same, Nyambe near end of contract but Pike and Carter showing promise 

Central Defence - lost THB and (thankfully) Branthwaite, brought in the Dutch lad. Carter and Wharton seem to be a future pairing but Ayala staying fit (big if) is crucial - Lenihan nearing end of contract 

Left Back - Bell and Douglas gone, neither a big loss, Pickering looks ok and new lad could be a good un - progress 

Central midfield - lost a playmaker in Holtby and backup options in Evans and Trybull (neither a huge loss) brought in Clarkson who seems to occupy similar positions to Buckley

Wing forwards - brought in Poveda and Kedra, could be good but big ask to replace Elliotts contributions

Strikers - lost a 29 goal man, not replaced at all

It seems we are now reliant on a number of attacking players chipping in with goals but the concern is we’ve lost 40 or so goals from last season and brought in players with less than a handful of career goals (maybe even games) between them 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Abysmal end to the window no doubt Mowbray and Waggott will trot out how hard they tried, get a few sly digs in at fans remind us its not 1995, oh and the masses on facebook are lapping it up, i've seen great window, mcbride can fill armstrongs role. That lot are just as bad as the idiots in charge they accept any garbage the club trots out

Ha ha.  He can't remind us that it's not 1995... He used that as a selling point to the  Brighton winger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I get football is a different work place but I've always found that the workaholics working all hours are generally quite poor at their jobs and time management (but make up for it by being first in last out)

Spot on! Actually been a victim of this before. Quantity over quality!

I’m hearing there has been a break down in the relationship between TM and Maggot. 

TM believes he’s being set up to fail with Maggot tying his hands behind his back.

I’ll try for a source but that’s come out of the club today.

• Like 7

Just now, Hi Mack said:

I’m hearing there has been a break down in the relationship between TM and Maggot. 

TM believes he’s being set up to fail with Maggot tying his hands behind his back.

I could have told everyone 12 months ago that contrary to popular belief on the MB... they can't stand each other.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

TM's quotes about passing on the players he wanted to bring in to the management team around waggot suggests as much.

1 minute ago, Hi Mack said:

Seriously hope you're right & this is the end for one if not all. However,  meanwhile, the great institution that is Blackburn Rovers Football Club plays piggy in the middle & suffers as a consequence!

• Like 3