BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Sell my left nut if Tony's excuse is not "well, it's difficult to sign players, other clubs make it hard." As if window after window he is shocked to learn this is a competition.

It's a complete joke, has been for a long time under him.

Edited by Mr. E
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yes on paper it looks like one of the all time worst transfer windows.

But... It's possible that the signings turn out better than expected in the same way Douglas and Trybull turned out to be worse than expected last year. Also it's possible suddenly players who looked terrible before (hello Gallagher) suddenly look better as they are played in proper positions.

Will not really know until November. But I'm not hopeful.

Thats if the fool plays Gallgher and Breo as proper CF. It wouldnt surprise me, if he plays Tayo and Khadra as the strikers

I'm surprised that people are surprised that we are no better off player wise after the window closed. Our club is becoming breeding ground for PL clubs and what really irks me is that I don't believe that these kids are any better than our own. It's been another lazy window. Take Burke for instance. You don't go in for players in the last day of the window if they have been scouted properly. It's more a case of poring through lists of players at the last minute and sticking a pin in it.

God only knows where Mowbray is going to fit them into a system as three of them look so similar to me. This window should have been an opportunity to balance up the squad, now it looks more unbalanced than ever. 

And I still think Mowbray will get a new deal.

Now let the relegation battle begin.

• Like 5

See some folk mentioning the freebs, don’t think they are what we need with the way we play with the exception of maybe Sturbridge but at 32 and injury problems how fit/ pacey is he these days 

unless we are going to knock high balls into the box and become physical then Carroll , bony and robson Kanu wouldn’t flourish . All decent players in their day but it’s a no from me 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Ooh, tough question everyone...

If you could only get rid of TM or SW, which one would it be?

(Yes yes we all wish it was both)

Easy one. SW.

Reason: because that would mean a new CEO & the first thing he'd do is bin TM off. (Assuming we hire someone with some degree of competance)

• Like 3

Stupid that we've not replaced Armstrong in any capacity but I don't think its going to make a difference in that with or without that striker I don't think we were going up and we weren't going down. 

Any rational person would say that a lack of striker purchase would mean Sam Gallagher and Diaz are surely coming off the wing now. However rational TM is not. This new left back can also play midfield so there's a very real chance, no tounge in cheek, that he could be playing as a false 9 at some point in his rovers career with Gallagher still out wide. 

You'd hope that upfront we give our youth a chance, Mcbride and butterworth, but I think even with 1st team injuries, they'll fall victim to Tony's tactical masterclass. 

2 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

If our U23s are as good as some on here hope they might be, why aren't other Championship clubs queuing up to buy or loan them?  Just a thought.......

They might be, however our squad is too thin to let them go. 
The positive view on the slow transfer window is that many of the youngsters will get their chance over the course of the season.

• Like 2

In many ways , I pleased Mowbray has not had a chance to waste more money ..

If the season pans out , how I think it will , I have a feeling this will have been his last transfer window ,,,

We have had a surprisingly decent start to the season but when the honeymoon is over , life is going to get tough for Mowbray et al ....

In our heart of hearts.did we really expect anything else.  These two and Venkies have shown their incompetence through just about every.window and judging by the contract situations there incompetence is prevalent through out the year.  Get rid, top to bottom.  

• Like 5

Just now, Waggy76 said:

In many ways , I pleased Mowbray has not had a chance to waste more money ..

If the season pans out , how I think it will , I have a feeling this will have been his last transfer window ,,,

We have had a surprisingly decent start to the season but when the honeymoon is over , life is going to get tough for Mowbray et al ....

Think you will find that Mowbray is only part of the transfer committee who decide who we target and sign. 

Yesterday proved to me why thousands of fans have walked away from this club. I actually think that the people running the day to day operations actually did bust a nut yesterday in blind panic to get a forward, but their sheer incompetence stopped that happening. The people running the show thought to quote Mowbray "clubs will be actually e calling us to offload players, come the last few days of the window". Well they didn't and we had no answer! 

Will there be a crisis meeting today to get answers to how the hell we didn't get a striker in the window, no chance!

• Like 5