Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Competition to answer the last question. You need at least two in every area and with one contracted to 2025 and the other contracted to 2024 (+12 month option) you've got some longevity there between the two of them.

FWIW I think Tayo Edun will make a midfielder.

I’m all for longevity but looking at the list of players out of contract next summer is frightening. We are up shit creek if we don’t get those lads tied down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vilesinner said:

If you have Buckley as a possible right back JRC has to be down as a possible left back option. Not that I would ever play either in those positions.

The Dutchman is also a RB option though.

I think Mogadon is looking at 352 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom

I’m a little disappointed we didn’t loan out the likes of Magloire, Cirino and co, would have been good to get some experience given game time here will be limited with the loanees filling the match day squad 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It's not hard this one. We needed a left back more than we needed a right back. Surely we can all agree on that?

We needed an out and out striker way more than we needed cover in either full back position!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, glen9mullan said:

Thats a load of tripe.... sorry but being an apologist is part of the problem not the solution.

 

Sorry mate but as soon as you start pointing fingers at fans, you’re done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tom said:

I’m a little disappointed we didn’t loan out the likes of Magloire, Cirino and co, would have been good to get some experience given game time here will be limited with the loanees filling the match day squad 

Isn’t there another efl loan window until October?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is there a solid argument that we are stronger in any position other than left back?

Keepers - same 

Right back - lost back up in Bennett, otherwise same, Nyambe near end of contract but Pike and Carter showing promise 

Central Defence - lost THB and (thankfully) Branthwaite, brought in the Dutch lad. Carter and Wharton seem to be a future pairing but Ayala staying fit (big if) is crucial - Lenihan nearing end of contract 

Left Back - Bell and Douglas gone, neither a big loss, Pickering looks ok and new lad could be a good un - progress 

Central midfield - lost a playmaker in Holtby and backup options in Evans and Trybull (neither a huge loss) brought in Clarkson who seems to occupy similar positions to Buckley

Wing forwards - brought in Poveda and Kedra, could be good but big ask to replace Elliotts contributions

Strikers - lost a 29 goal man, not replaced at all

It seems we are now reliant on a number of attacking players chipping in with goals but the concern is we’ve lost 40 or so goals from last season and brought in players with less than a handful of career goals (maybe even games) between them 

Yes on paper it looks like one of the all time worst transfer windows.

But... It's possible that the signings turn out better than expected in the same way Douglas and Trybull turned out to be worse than expected last year. Also it's possible suddenly players who looked terrible before (hello Gallagher) suddenly look better as they are played in proper positions.

Will not really know until November. But I'm not hopeful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I think that's quite harsh. Both of those people you refer to in such a derogatory way gave up their time tonight, for free, to get involved with a live show for the benefit of the supports and they were really great. 

For what its worth, you only have to look at the reaction to the whole Rich vs Sam Gallagher debacle that unfolded where he was scolded by the club and the players for daring to say he hadn't done that well, to see that them pushing harder wouldn't really get us anywhere.

It isn't harsh at all and I'm sure they were good for that but they have an opportunity during their day job to get the majority fan feeling across to the management team and that isn't happening time after time. I've seen enough to know some very obvious and uncomfortable questions are avoided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JoeH said:

A frustrating night in terms of incomings and I get that. But the club's issues are the clubs fault. Not fans, not journalists, not our little transfer window show and it's overall positive atmosphere. 

Exactly the point i'm making, so they need challenging

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ghost7 said:

It isn't harsh at all and I'm sure they were good for that but they have an opportunity during their day job to get the majority fan feeling across to the management team and that isn't happening time after time. I've seen enough to know some very obvious and uncomfortable questions are avoided.

What would it gain? I don't think the club would respond very well and I don't thing it would enact any change? Steve Waggott for example may annoy some but he's probably well aware of how the fans feel without Jaquob Crooke needing to point it out to him. I'm sure he receives a lot of emails and messages directly from those who are discontent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Backroom
6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Isn’t there another efl loan window until October?

I don’t know…..I am not a smart man

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

What would it gain? I don't think the club would respond very well and I don't thing it would enact any change? Steve Waggott for example may annoy some but he's probably well aware of how the fans feel without Jaquob Crooke needing to point it out to him. I'm sure he receives a lot of emails and messages directly from those who are discontent

What would it gain?

Last time they were called out it was the end of...

Hunt, Kean, Agnew, Singh, Shaw, Anderson all played out via media with constant pressure from the supporter groups. They were hit that many times with a left, they were begging for a right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JoeH said:

And what replaced those lot? We're sat here a decade later in the exact same scenario... There's one constant and some questions from reporters isn't going to see the owners leave.

Cant believe you are asking that, not sure of your age, but perhaps you was not old enough to remember what those who have departed did to this club?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Sorry mate but as soon as you start pointing fingers at fans, you’re done.

Glen has had more fingers pointed at him (and worse) than most.

I took it as him referring to Sharpe and Crooke as apologists.

I agree with your point though, but it works both ways. Fans who are boycotting, or “negative” get mocked, blamed and abused in certain quarters. The more positive element get more stick on here.

A bit more unity would be brilliant, but it’s a big ask.

Edited by Miller11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JoeH said:

I think you've misunderstood the question then.

I fully understand the point you was making, hence it was the national journalist making trips to the FA, Parliament and writing the true feelings. It was the national journalist at press conferences asking the tough questions.

We as fans were reliant on the national media both here and abroad.

Venkys are the constant, but also the ones funding the club, we are sadly reliant on them, and with no long list of potential buyers, need them. However that does not mean the football administration should not be held accountable

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't really explain why they're still here. There is a non-sinister reason that I've heard put forward and it may be correct but if true it flies in the face of common sense and good business practice.

What is it that you've heard?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Glen has had more fingers pointed at him (and worse) than most.

I took it as him referring to Sharpe and Crooke as apologists.

I agree with your point though, but it works both ways. Fans who are boycotting, or “negative” get mocked, blamed and abused in certain quarters. The more positive element get more stick on here.

A bit more unity would be brilliant, but it’s a big ask.

I guess it’s words like apologist that bring up old arguments.

I think most people would respect others choices really but you’re correct that there’s a minority that’ll blame each other.

Overall though - I don’t think it’s been as bad as the general feedback here - I mean we’re banking on Gally or Diaz properly stepping up but then that’s why they cost more initially - there’s obviously a bucket load of goals in either or both… or neither, and that’s football.

Like any club, we’re looking for improvement in our senior players, development of our younger talents and a slice of luck - ie a year without any season ending injuries!

Hope that minor expectation and actual slight “content” doesn’t get portrayed as support for obvious overall incompetence!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t know…..I am not a smart man

I can’t seem to find anything online about this season other than free agents can be registered.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

I guess it’s words like apologist that bring up old arguments.

I think most people would respect others choices really but you’re correct that there’s a minority that’ll blame each other.

Overall though - I don’t think it’s been as bad as the general feedback here - I mean we’re banking on Gally or Diaz properly stepping up but then that’s why they cost more initially - there’s obviously a bucket load of goals in either or both… or neither, and that’s football.

Like any club, we’re looking for improvement in our senior players, development of our younger talents and a slice of luck - ie a year without any season ending injuries!

Hope that minor expectation and actual slight “content” doesn’t get portrayed as support for obvious overall incompetence!

Hey we've bought season tickets, we support the badge regardless.

I think everyone is hoping Brero and Sam come up with the goods, that these loans turn into excellent additions and the team is pushing up the table. 

I know when I go on a saturday, I go hoping we can win. That will never change.

Being underwhelmed is natural given where we have been where we have gone, and expectation of replacing our best player with at least a striker.

As supporters and in some cases paying supporters via tickets, merchandise etc, its only natural that we want value for the money and time we invest in our local club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously the answer is a firm no, but seeing our squad laid out like that shows how weak and threadbare we look, especially in attack.

Out of those attacking 6, Poveda on Saturday is the only time that any of 3 of them has made a senior start. Even beyond that, Dolan looks miles away from being a regular Championship player, and Brereton and Gallagher are average. Would there be a case to suggest that our current attack is as weak as it has been in recent memory?

 

Screenshot_20210901-004450_Twitter.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.