BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

16/1 is bountiful. 

It's not really like that 

Odds move, let's see where we're at in 8 weeks. I truly hope we're 25/1, I just can't see it

16/1 is a very good price with the squad as it is and the manager we've got.

Especially when you consider our form since the start of February and the fact our squad is weaker this season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

I am a little confused as to your definition of generous. Do you mean 8/1 to stay up or get relegated?

We were 8/1 to get relegated, given our window and paper thin squad I think they were long odds, and 16/1 now (though I can't find better than 14/1) is incredible value as personally I am not falling for the good start to the season.. as much as I hope i am wrong. 

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

16/1 is a very good price with the squad as it is and the manager we've got.

Especially when you consider our form since the start of February and the fact our squad is weaker this season.

Totally agree, 16/1 is bonkers  - though I can't find better than 14/1. 

2 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

...but.... they said we had a list to chose from.

I'm not really bothered about that. 

I'm never interested in what is being said publicly about our transfer dealings, nor do I know how close we may have come to one or two signings or the reasons why those may have fallen through.

I think another manager could do better. I think that the club is poorly run. But I think that this squad should expect to be midtable in this division and has every chance of challenging for a playoff spot if things go our way (which happens to one or two mediocre clubs every season).

• Like 1

Announce Sturridge 

On a serious note looks like FIFA are going to have a say over players playing for red listed country's.

We could be without Brererton yet which makes it even more bewildering we didn't bring a goalscorer in. 

We couldn't have gotten anyone even on loan?Joke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Lenihan and Brereton will sign new contracts.

How can you be so sure? How many players have run down their contracts so they can get a fucking big signing on fee. Just look at Mbappe, Real will get him for free and sweeten him and his agent with big fees. This happens all the way down the football pyramid. Agents are killing clubs like ours. I’ll show my arse on the town hall steps if these and the other players sign contracts.

Have no idea how Mowbray plans to shoehorn all these diminutive false 9’s into the starting 11. I’m assuming we have promised game time to the parent clubs? Maybe he has a master plan or more likely there will be multiple spins of the famous tombola with limited success. 

2 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Blows my mind that they don't have more ambition than conning some Indian chicken farmers into thinking they are good at their jobs. 

They aren't capable of it nor do i think theres ever been much real desire. You can tell that by the patterns of play and style at times. Never been a hint or urgency or grabbing the bull by the balls its always been plod along 'this time next year' type stuff.

They've pitched the slow build then been found out, pitched the possession stuff and getting in some experience whose done it before etc. Resulted in contributing to worst finish in years. So then they turn around and say you need 100 million !

To me this is just their latest little plan to keep their circus on the road another few years. So many things to hide behind now they've created their own cover.

• Like 3

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Think we should be putting all of our collective energy into the other topic - "HOLDING THE MANAGEMENT TO ACCOUNT"

And actually trying to put pressure on the Coventrio (plus Park) 

And try make some positive change to our club, otherwise as people are saying we might be heading for relegation.

I do think with the players we have we should easily stay up but I'm not  convinced we have the manager too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Have no idea how Mowbray plans to shoehorn all these diminutive false 9’s into the starting 11. I’m assuming we have promised game time to the parent clubs? Maybe he has a master plan or more likely there will be multiple spins of the famous tombola with limited success. 

He will have told their clubs he'll develop them so i expect a few surprises. In typical fashion he'll have one or two of them shoehorned in somewhere they don't fit just to see if they can cope with it.

It's absolute heaven for him all this is that's why i'm 90% certain it's him and the other two's idea to go this way. 

• Backroom
14 hours ago, skous18 said:

Tbf, if you dont trust your manager and you are waiting for his contract to expire in order to get rid of him, would you give him money to invest in players he sees suitable for his style of play or would you wait and make them money available for whoever else comes next. Not that this is what is happening but I wouldn’t give any money to Mowbray myself so fair enough, I would have gotten rid ages ago thou. 

I honestly believe that this is what's happening, purely because I know that Indian culture and the Caste system would explain the bizarre fixation Venkys seem to have with honouring contracts to the letter.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Think we should be putting all of our collective energy into the other topic - "HOLDING THE MANAGEMENT TO ACCOUNT"

And actually trying to put pressure on the Coventrio (plus Park) 

And try make some positive change to our club, otherwise as people are saying we might be heading for relegation.

Everything is back to the owners. What does holding them to account actually mean? What is the end game, getting those 3/4 sacked, or if you are aiming things at them, to leave of their own accord? Surely it is the owners that need holding to account, they are the ones with the power to sack these incompetents. Going to the wrong target and sadly having done many a protest in the past, nothing will change those bastards in India.

I get the frustration, we are all pissed off but sadly I am not convinced that what you suggest is constructive or even that you know what your plan is, and that is not a slight on you.

• Like 2