BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can't find the Nyambe thread. 

Posted my views on his defending for the first goal in the Luton thread. Awful, wrong side , stuff you learn under 8. He's fast and strong and is good one on one with wingers, which of course is important. However he gets caught positionally, can't header very well, passing is ok and his offensive awareness is practically non existent in the opposition final third. 

Genuinely,how much is he worth? £1 million? Considering Pickering cost £650,000 and looks to have a lot more to his all round game for a full back, which you need these days. Nyambe is a very poor man's Wan Bisakka 

I don't get the love in and think we could find better. 

Take on board the point about Nyambe sometimes being a little overhyped but interesting to note the Pickering comparison. Unsure how much you have seen of the games this season but I think that Pickering has a lot more question marks around his defensive capabilities based on what we have seen so far, obviously a big thing is how slow he is, but he also often can be quite hesitant and has been caught out a few times.

I don't think history suggests that we would find better, the likely replacement would be Rankin Costello who as a one on one defender is much worse.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who can we get? 

I feel we are better going with what we have currently including using Butterworth and McBride until January. In the meantime, Park and his recruitment team get to work on finding a striker we can striker we sign in few days of the window. I hope that Park has sent a scout to Hibs game today scouting Kevin Nisbet. Could be potential striker target

Isn't Sturridge set to sign for German club Schalke? 

No idea as I have said, but we are pretty desperate if Gallagher or untried kids is all that we have.

A signing will not be lined up for the start of January, that is quite simply not how our club works under Venkys.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He is our only decent right back no we shouldn't have sold him for the few hundred grand to a Million we would have got for him.

and we lose him on a free at the end of the season? What happens then? 

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No idea as I have said, but we are pretty desperate if Gallagher or untried kids is all that we have.

A signing will not be lined up for the start of January, that is quite simply not how our club works under Venkys.

Well any striker who is out of contract will take weeks to gain fitness in most cases and then if we have to apply the quarantine rules that could be another 10 days. So probably 4 to 6 weeks before they would be ready to play. 

I would used what we have got in Gallagher, Dolan, Brereton, Poveda, Khadra, Butterworth, McBride until January then sign a striker. 

Well I believe that Mowbray or any new manager if a change is made will want a striker in very quickly in January. I expected Park and his recruitment will be focusing on that hopefully. I know who I hope we target but we see closer to January. 

19 hours ago, booth said:

He scored 4 in 11 for Trabzonspor, Turkish super league. Looked to be playing well then caught up in a betting scandal and banned/sacked.

I reckon he could do a job in the championship and he keeps posting on Twitter he just wants to be back playing.

19 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Of course he could do a job. But i doubt he'd take 10k a week.

10k a week is much better than jobseekers 😅👍 Or living on sausages. I'd want to know if I were in the current situation, he could be a good one if fit and focused.  We need another since TM can't move BB up top nor play Butterworth there, not many of the names available have his pedigree.

5 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

He wasn't the main culprit, however. Not arguing that he was awful on that goal, but he was trying to mop up the mess of the rest of the defence. Why was he there? Because our 27 central defenders had gone AWOL. He should have been covering one of two Luton players on their left but he got sucked into covering the player in the middle which none of the central defenders had picked up and who Travis preferred to watch stroll into the area unopposed rather than to run a little tiny bit faster to track.

So yep, not great from Nyambe but everyone else did just abnegate their responsibilities and left him holding the can. 

I don't think we'll get much for Nyambe, he's stalled badly in his career. 

Travis is playing muck. Another not as good as he is built up to be on here. It's funny it seems they are built up ability wise if Mowbray is perceived to slight them. 

Nyambe was left, but his positioning was pointless basically 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Take on board the point about Nyambe sometimes being a little overhyped but interesting to note the Pickering comparison. Unsure how much you have seen of the games this season but I think that Pickering has a lot more question marks around his defensive capabilities based on what we have seen so far, obviously a big thing is how slow he is, but he also often can be quite hesitant and has been caught out a few times.

I don't think history suggests that we would find better, the likely replacement would be Rankin Costello who as a one on one defender is much worse.

Pickering can play football and has a decent delivery. He also just scored, which whilst not anywhere near crucial for a full back, Nyambe is basically allergic to it. Nyambe is good at stopping his man play a fair bit, but when he's not, he offers little to nothing else. Completely over hyped here because Mowbray has been percieved to slight him, same with Travis. Whilst both situations it's one of those falswle narratives where Mowbray did feck all to them and the players have been poor, or if anything he has given them too many chances , or if he did rip them out of it, he didn't do it enough. Both have gone backwards and that's on them. I'm sure you will agree Mowbray didn't hold Armstrong back, quiet the opposite in fact. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Travis is playing muck. Another not as good as he is built up to be on here. It's funny it seems they are built up ability wise if Mowbray is perceived to slight them. 

Nyambe was left, but his positioning was pointless basically 

Playing "muck" is a little harsh, hes been inconsistent this season. He was outstanding away at Forest, he was very good v Swansea, he was off the pace yesterday without being "muck" but made one really poor pass that should have led to a Luton game.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Pickering can play football and has a decent delivery. He also just scored, which whilst not anywhere near crucial for a full back, Nyambe is basically allergic to it. Nyambe is good at stopping his man play a fair bit, but when he's not, he offers little to nothing else. Completely over hyped here because Mowbray has been percieved to slight him, same with Travis. Whilst both situations it's one of those falswle narratives where Mowbray did feck all to them and the players have been poor, or if anything he has given them too many chances , or if he did rip them out of it, he didn't do it enough. Both have gone backwards and that's on them. I'm sure you will agree Mowbray didn't hold Armstrong back, quiet the opposite in fact. 

How much of the full games have you seen this season out of interest, and if you have seen any of the games in full, what do you make of Pickering? As a one on one defender, I think Nyambe looks far superior to Pickering who has a few times been beaten too easily, his lack of pace is a worry as is his hesistance at times. I think Pickering technically looks very competent however and is chalk and cheese from Bell who was hopeless on that front, and the way he took the ball and finished yesterday was something that I dont think even our 2 forwards could have done.

Even for the goal, Pickering was somewhat drawn out of position to allow Mpanzu to get the cross in the first place and although Berry got there ahead of Nyambe, it wasnt really an error on his part.

I do think that Nyambe and Travis do sometimes get the benefit of the doubt and the occasional comment regarding Mowbrays treatment of them which isnt warranted. Travis has in the past been accused of having any expression taken out of his game which is something that I have argued against, and Nyambe also has his limitations, but conversely I think your comments on them perhaps provoked by the favourable treatment are a little harsh.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As someone that always reads oppo boards before and after games, Travis is a name that always pops up. Other fans rate him, so not sure why you're so down on him. Yes, he has been a bit inconsistent so far this season but has also been one of our best players in a few matches. 

Nyambe is a defender, and defends well. Not so brilliant going forward but thats improving a bit. Id rather a FB that excels in defending over one that can cross. 

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Hold on John Boy.  If you bought a house, would you not make any repairs, maintenance,  general upkeep, pay the bills? They bought it.  

Agreed Sparky, they’ve done that, but they’ve been advised by Delboy, employed Arthur Daley as CEO, and Mr Bean as manager.

1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

Read my initial post. That’s EXACTLY what I posted.

The club is their "baby"...they said those exact words.

Remember the one about the neglectful parents, who went off on holiday, leaving their toddler with dodgy babysitters? Well, our so-called, badly advised parents have done this not once, but several times over... "Why, oh why do we keep getting it so wrong?" 

Meanwhile, too many of our fans keep falling for the "fresh start" syndrome, where previous context is conveniently ignored.

What next for Venky's?..Stay Badly advised for a decade-Fred and Rose West Babysitting Service...

• Like 2

Agreed Len

46 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Remember the one about the neglectful parents, who went off on holiday, leaving their toddler with dodgy babysitters? Well, our so-called, badly advised parents have done this not once, but several times over... "Why, oh why do we keep getting it so wrong?" 

Meanwhile, too many of our fans keep falling for the "fresh start" syndrome, where previous context is conveniently ignored.

What next for Venky's?..Stay Badly advised for a decade-Fred and Rose West Babysitting Service...

10 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Fair points Len........ but to be fair, for £300k p.a. I think it's not unreasonable to assume or at least hope in the first instance you've found yourself a bloody good babysitter!

On 12/09/2021 at 21:23, JacknOry said:

As someone that always reads oppo boards before and after games, Travis is a name that always pops up. Other fans rate him, so not sure why you're so down on him. Yes, he has been a bit inconsistent so far this season but has also been one of our best players in a few matches. 

Nyambe is a defender, and defends well. Not so brilliant going forward but thats improving a bit. Id rather a FB that excels in defending over one that can cross. 

Do you think Travis is better than Robbie Savage? He's a poor mans version to me. I'm sure other fans do appreciate the donkey work he puts in, he needs more to his all round game though. 

You needs a full back that does both if you want to go anywhere these days. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1