BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

On 16/09/2021 at 14:59, JoeH said:

Didn't really know the thread to stick this in. Some of you may know I run an account on Twitter called RoversAnalytics. Well as I posted there earlier today, I've taken a role at SPL side Heart of Midlothian in the 1st team recruitment department and will have to step away from running that account. I will also have to take a step away from posting on the board also.

Thanks to anyone who supported that channel and enjoyed the stuff. Data isn't/wasn't for everyone and that's understandable, but I hope I at least created some conversation regarding it!

🙂

Well, you've obviously been pushing for it at one Club or another for long enough, all the best in your new endeavour.

Have to say the data based analytics approach appears to have done the square root of naff all for Rovers in terms of their recent recruitment though. Hope it works better for you up in Scotland. 

38 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Shows they should ditch all the analytics and have s count actually watching players. We’ve wasted another fortune on technology that doesn’t improve our recruitment.

....or, they're using a combination of analytics and live scouts, both of which probably yield finds and support the results of each other.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Because its laughable that they need someone to scout a player playing reserve team football for Brighton 

Sounds like Tony trying to take the heat off his mate I think.

He looked promising the other night, but blimey, he hasn't even had 45 mins yet, it's fairly premature to be bigging him up to that extent.

Presumably Park was instrumental in loaning the centre half who isn't yet available due to injury as well.

Didn't hear Tony making a point of that the other day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

So what if John Park was influential in the Khadra signing?

That's his bloody job after all.

The article basically said Park watched him for 45mins in a friendly and said to Mowbray "If you want a direct player who can beat a defender, sign this lad."

Fuck me, I could do that job no problem.

Mowbray knew one of the blokes at Brighton (worked with him at West Brom) so parks involvement was Jack shit.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

So what if John Park was influential in the Khadra signing?

That's his bloody job after all.

Agreed Wheelton, if he can spot someone that fits our needs why pay a fortune on analytics? 

5 hours ago, davulsukur said:

The article basically said Park watched him for 45mins in a friendly and said to Mowbray "If you want a direct player who can beat a defender, sign this lad."

Mowbray knew one of the blokes at Brighton (worked with him at West Brom) so parks involvement was Jack shit.

If it’s so easy apply for the job and put forward your recommendations. He’s paid on results, it’s easy to to say you could do the job, try doing it.

6 hours ago, JohnGo said:

Agreed Wheelton, if he can spot someone that fits our needs why pay a fortune on analytics? 

If it’s so easy apply for the job and put forward your recommendations. He’s paid on results, it’s easy to to say you could do the job, try doing it.

The point being that he wasn't exactly influential in the signing, if anything it was actually more Mowbray's relationship with Brighton's technical director that was the influential part. It seems that relationship secured the defender from there too.

50 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The point being that he wasn't exactly influential in the signing, if anything it was actually more Mowbray's relationship with Brighton's technical director that was the influential part. It seems that relationship secured the defender from there too.

The point is Mowbray wouldn’t have asked to take the lad if he’d not been informed about him. That’s the scouts job, it then up to Mowbray and maggot to get the deal over the line based on their contact with the other club.

15 hours ago, roverandout said:

Because its laughable that they need someone to scout a player playing reserve team football for Brighton 

He was playing in the first team game against Rangers

14 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Park's job is to scout and analysis players we want to sign before Waggott and Venus do the negotiations for the players. 

He was there to watch him live probably after probably one of the other recruitment team recommend him to Park. 

There'll potentially be another group leaving and needing replacing in summer. I think that's why he's here rather than the last window.

Priority there was clearly sell Armstrong, slash the pay roll then just grab a few loans to fluff out the squad. 

• Like 2

On 18/09/2021 at 20:58, chaddyrovers said:

You have to judge the job over a few seasons. 

Plus down to the budget he has. 

Did he recommend Edun for us to sign? Maja who didn't sign for us but set to

Doubt it - especially with Maja - Forest were in for him too. Thats agents - not scouts.

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Yeah, we might as well sit back and allow agents to run the whole club...oh, wait a minute.....

Alot of our signings - especially last minute ones are argent-related, nothing to do with scouts. Look at BB, as our most expensive example.