Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Ricky said:

Not going to get Sturridge on a free as he’s gone to Perth Glory

He was never coming here in the first place. And no other European club want him either. 

The fact that he has signed for a club in the A-league tell us he had little interest 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If you read the article it says Rovers could choose to sell in January

Well I did read the article but if Rothwell signs a pre contract agreement with Rangers on the 1st January then Rovers wouldn't be selling him unless it to Rangers for a small fee. Doesn't matter if Rovers would to sell in January if he signed pre contract agreement 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I did read the article but if Rothwell signs a pre contract agreement with Rangers on the 1st January then Rovers wouldn't be selling him unless it to Rangers for a small fee. Doesn't matter if Rovers would to sell in January if he signed pre contract agreement 

IV no idea what point you are trying to make apart from trying to be a smartarse and failing.

Again the article says we might sell to Rangers in January hence my opening post saying Nixon selling Rothwell to Rangers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

IV no idea what point you are trying to make apart from trying to be a smartarse and failing.

Again the article says we might sell to Rangers in January hence my opening post saying Nixon selling Rothwell to Rangers

might sell being the key words but I would imagine that Rangers will get Rothwell to agree pre contract forcing our hand to sell him on the cheap

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

If Rangers are interested and can pay the wages I'm sure Rothwell is gone. Bad news.

Also Saturday showed we desperately need right back cover. Nyambe, JRC and the new Brighton chap all seem to have big injury issues.

Two of them are not right-backs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/10/2021 at 16:12, oldjamfan1 said:

Having seen a little bit of Rangers this season they do need someone who can run with the ball at pace and drive at defenders. Rothwell would be a good fit for them and probably stand out in that tin pot league.

rothwell looks class when he`s pushed up the pitch which enables him to run at defenders,he does`nt get that option in a mowbray side to often though,i think he`ll shine at rangers and probably get a big money move elsewhere on the back of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

rothwell looks class when he`s pushed up the pitch which enables him to run at defenders,he does`nt get that option in a mowbray side to often though,i think he`ll shine at rangers and probably get a big money move elsewhere on the back of it

Rothwells biggest problem is Rothwell, not Mowbray. He is inconsistency personified. Struggles with the important output of delivering assists and goals 

Would do well in Scotland though. Best we can expect now is £750,000 with a sell on I reckon 

Also, don't forget, he's almost 27 now, so talk of  a big money move from his next club is premature and unlikely to materialize I would say 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rothwells biggest problem is Rothwell, not Mowbray. He is inconsistency personified. Struggles with the important output of delivering assists and goals 

Would do well in Scotland though. Best we can expect now is £750,000 with a sell on I reckon 

Also, don't forget, he's almost 27 now, so talk of  a big money move from his next club is premature and unlikely to materialize I would say 

As we signed him for only £100k from Oxford and he's on around £6k a week not a bad return. With Venky's approach now, we'll get £50k and £3k a week wage budget to sign his replacement.

Although with his consistency, how many positions has Mowbray played him in when he's been here. He's forever changing his position giving him little time to settle. 

If he does go to Rangers, he'll be a success and probably shine in the Champions League qualifiers each season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Rothwells biggest problem is Rothwell, not Mowbray. He is inconsistency personified. Struggles with the important output of delivering assists and goals 

Would do well in Scotland though. Best we can expect now is £750,000 with a sell on I reckon 

Also, don't forget, he's almost 27 now, so talk of  a big money move from his next club is premature and unlikely to materialize I would say 

he`s  inconstistent because he`s shoved all over the park by mowbray,he`s done it with brereton,gallagher,buckley and the poor lad davenport,who must be the most easy going human being ever,we still don`t know what is actually rankin costello`s best position either

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The people belittling how important Rothwell is, were probably those doing that with Raya. Problem is the manager, coaches and everyone else. 

I'm not mate.  Our most talented player and I took some stick for it off bigdog chap.  My opinion is he's more gifted than Dack.

And I didn't rate Raya when he was here.  Shocking

Edited by Sparks Rover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not mate.  Our most talented player and I took some stick for it off bigdog chap.  My opinion is he's more gifted than Dack.

People just look at goals and assists, something he has improved on btw. Its not that though, he scares the life out of teams and can do stuff nobody else in this team can. I don't care if he gets the final pass or scores, he makes things happen. Been in top 3 players of season so far for me and him walking for free would be sacrilege. Nobody in our team breezes past 3, 4 or 5 players with ease like he can. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

The people belittling how important Rothwell is, were probably those doing that with Raya. Problem is the manager, coaches and everyone else. 

Agreed Jack, I’ve banged on and been banned for saying that Raya was not treated properly and he’s better than we have. Shit goalkeeping coach shown by how he’s doing at Brentford. There’s posters on here including the so called admin who still will not admit it. Probably be banned again!

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not mate.  Our most talented player and I took some stick for it off bigdog chap.  My opinion is he's more gifted than Dack.

And I didn't rate Raya when he was here.  Shocking

Shit. Coaching no backing from wanker Mowbray. You can tell how he was told to kick as Kaminski was good at distribution when he first came. Now he’s no better than Raya. I do hope and I’m certain in my prediction that Raya will make the Spain squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s  inconstistent because he`s shoved all over the park by mowbray,he`s done it with brereton,gallagher,buckley and the poor lad davenport,who must be the most easy going human being ever,we still don`t know what is actually rankin costello`s best position either

I can tell you, it isn't right-back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shock horror, Nixon links one of our players with a move away from Rovers in his Sunday rag.

To be fair any player with ambition and desire to progress will be off. Can't blame them really. Why would anyone want to stay here with Captain Mowbray and his buddy running the place? If I could jump ship I would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.