• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly I'm at a point where I just can't get excited about new signings as long as Mowbray is in charge. Even if the signee appears impressive I already know his impact will be neutered by Mowbray's

Hi all. Would like to thank anyone and everyone who has given my work a read over the last few days. As you can probably tell it took a very long time to do and a lot of late nights around my full tim

Fast forwards 12 months.... 'We lost the quality of Holtby and the goals of Armstrong last summer along with the regular right back and the experience of Johnson.  It's a sad day for the club but

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Personally think Bannan would be as effective as Holtby in the system we use. But that's just my 2p. Great talent but we need players like Travis and Rothwell who can go box to box all game. Under a different manager or in a different system though, would be up there for number one target if it was upto me

Edited by JoeH
6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Personally think Bannan would be as effective as Holtby in the system we use. But that's just my 2p. Great talent but we need players like Travis and Rothwell who can go box to box all game. 

But Rothwell and Travis arent particularly effective going box to box themselves, assuming that we continue with our flawed system. And even if they played in the 2 more advanced roles, Bannan could sit and dictate, something he is capable of doing far better than Holtby even when he wasnt sat on the treatment table.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

But Rothwell and Travis arent particularly effective going box to box themselves, assuming that we continue with our flawed system. And even if they played in the 2 more advanced roles, Bannan could sit and dictate, something he is capable of doing far better than Holtby even when he wasnt sat on the treatment table.

It’s just the way I see it. Bannan is a very static player. You have to build around him and we simply wouldn’t do that. He wouldn’t be effective under Mowbray and that’s far from a criticism of the player

20 minutes ago, JoeH said:

It’s just the way I see it. Bannan is a very static player. You have to build around him and we simply wouldn’t do that. He wouldn’t be effective under Mowbray and that’s far from a criticism of the player

Even in a flawed Mowbray system, he could play the sitting role whereby being static suits that position, dictating from from deep.

You compare to players that Mowbray has chosen there in the past, Johnson the most obvious who cannot do that job effectively and regularly causes us problems getting caught on the ball, or someone like Trybull who just personified the slow, boring team that we became because everything with him was cautious and in slow motion. Bannan looks forward more often and can take the ball in tight spaces.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Jonson Clarke-Harris

Armstrongs replacement.

With that neck tattoo, no chance TM is signing him. Besides, Peterborough always want a king's ransom for their players.

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Lewis Wing could be an option.

Only 25 but has played for 9 clubs already. Plus, he is related to Jason Steele.

8 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Better for Brentford eh?  

Dack hasn't delivered in this league.

Before his injury:

Championship games: 64

Championship goals: 24

5 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Rumor West Ham are going for Tammy Abraham which might end interest in Armstrong. (Abraham is twice the player).

and at least twice the price!

- might all depend on whether Wet Spam make it into Europe, if anything I'd see it more likely that Abraham would go to Villa [ or Spurs if they sell Kane ].

It's all opinion of course, but can't really see Armstrong as a top-half PL forward

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Always felt Armstrong back to Newcastle would be a likely option.

A £10m plus Dwight Gayle may do a job for all parties?

That article seems to suggest a 40% sell on fee to Newcastle!

So even a £25m sale would only realistically give us £15m to spend on a new players 

11 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

and at least twice the price!

- might all depend on whether Wet Spam make it into Europe, if anything I'd see it more likely that Abraham would go to Villa [ or Spurs if they sell Kane ].

It's all opinion of course, but can't really see Armstrong as a top-half PL forward

Cant see Villa getting Abraham, past links aside. They already have Watkins and now Wesley is back fit, I think Dean Smith said that they arent getting a striker.

2 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

So even a £25m sale would only realistically give us £15m to spend on a new players 

Surely theres no chance that we can come close to Gayles wages.

I also dont think that wed get anywhere near a full 15m to spend. Venkys would pocket a large amount.

Gayle in his last two Championship seasons, picked up similar numbers achieved by AA this season. Actually seem very similar players, small, lightning quick, etc. But Gayle has never really managed to perform in the PL and I believe the same will be the case for AA. 

I've said it a few times but it really is worth baring in mind, that being in his last year of his deal means Armstrong's fee will be much lower than hoped. It knocks a lot of value off a player being in their last year of their contract. 

Factor in the Newcastle sell on fee. And it looks low. Factor in if Venkys do resort to coat cutting and it looks horrific - when they cut costs under Coyle he got 0.25% to spend on transfer fees... 

Most likely scenario is imo Gayle on loan and £10 million from Newcastle. Of which we get a couple of millions for a transfer budget. (Otherwise known as the Boro charitable support fund.)

44 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

+Waggot tax

+Venky tax

Leaving us around £2m for players.

If we had £15m left from selling Arma, we wouldn't be spending that money on new players.

Just now, Blue blood said:

I've said it a few times but it really is worth baring in mind, that being in his last year of his deal means Armstrong's fee will be much lower than hoped. It knocks a lot of value off a player being in their last year of their contract. 

Factor in the Newcastle sell on fee. And it looks low. Factor in if Venkys do resort to coat cutting and it looks horrific - when they cut costs under Coyle he got 0.25% to spend on transfer fees... 

Most likely scenario is imo Gayle on loan and £10 million from Newcastle. Of which we get a couple of millions for a transfer budget. (Otherwise known as the Boro charitable support fund.)

Why would Gayle come to a club that's just finished 15th in the Championship?

7 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Why would Gayle come to a club that's just finished 15th in the Championship?

Game time? Although if he is getting it and is not bumped down the queue in the summer I appreciate that is less likely to occur. 

• K-Hod pinned this topic
  • K-Hod locked this topic
  • K-Hod unlocked this topic