BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

31 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

How many first team games have your boys played. You were saying they are better than a first team goalkeeper playing in the premier team that’s 7th in the league. Oh by the way transfer talk today has Raya linked with both Arsenal and Everton. I’m certainly not tied in knots.

That's all it is, talk. The 2 lads are at the 2 most successful clubs in the country currently. From watching them, Bazanu in particular, I can see that he is a better keeper than Raya and he is 7 years younger. They are both miles ahead of Raya when he was their age. 

Anyways, lets watch and wait for his call up to the Spain team. 

Meanwhile, Manchester City’s highly rated keeper GAVIN BAZUNU is aiming for a Prem home next term.

The Republic of Ireland ace, 19, is catching the eye on loan at Portsmouth and City are already working on where to send him next season.

Pep Guardiola’s team are confident Bazunu will play for them down the line and want to see him stretched at Championship level next.

But the rising star is planning to attract a top-flight club on loan during his time at Pompey as he looks to make the top as soon as possible.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

The line about youngsters being expected to play for the first team in the future is purely speculative and often trotted out, it was about Adarabioyo yet after a successful loan spell here he was instantly sold to Fulham.

I am not sure if these 2 goalkeepers would be part of the conversation if they had a different nationality but they both have minimal first team experience.

Raya was a liability in that last season here when exposed to regular Championship football, which I suppose was his first regular season at that level, he made far too many mistakes but you have to acknowledge the noticeable improvement now. He is incomparable to kids who aren't playing at his level.

21 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

We could do worse than bringing young Lavelle back next summer.

Will admit I've not seen the lad play, but we could also do better, too, than bringing in a 25 year old who has only just started playing at League One level.

CB isn't even an area I'd be looking to recruit next summer unless we do lose Lenihan. Him and Ayala as first choice with Wharton and Carter as understudies works for me for now. If we do recruit there to replace Lenihan I'd want someone who was either more proven or younger, preferably the former.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Will admit I've not seen the lad play, but we could also do better, too, than bringing in a 25 year old who has only just started playing at League One level.

CB isn't even an area I'd be looking to recruit next summer unless we do lose Lenihan. Him and Ayala as first choice with Wharton and Carter as understudies works for me for now. If we do recruit there to replace Lenihan I'd want someone who was either more proven or younger, preferably the former.

Rovers should be looking at John Souttar from Hearts. Out of contract this summer. Someone I mentioned us signing 2 years ago but doubted whether we could afford the fee involved. Could get him in January if we sell Lenihan due to he won't sign a new contract 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I've watched him a lot down the years.  He's really coming on as a man now, when he left he was a boy.  Few good seasons at accy, Morecambe and now adkins loves him at Charlton.  He will be a Championship defender soon, hopefully here.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 23:26, roversfan99 said:

The line about youngsters being expected to play for the first team in the future is purely speculative and often trotted out, it was about Adarabioyo yet after a successful loan spell here he was instantly sold to Fulham.

I am not sure if these 2 goalkeepers would be part of the conversation if they had a different nationality but they both have minimal first team experience.

Raya was a liability in that last season here when exposed to regular Championship football, which I suppose was his first regular season at that level, he made far too many mistakes but you have to acknowledge the noticeable improvement now. He is incomparable to kids who aren't playing at his level.

Raya, now Brereton flourish away from Ewood. its a worry.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers should be looking at John Souttar from Hearts. Out of contract this summer. Someone I mentioned us signing 2 years ago but doubted whether we could afford the fee involved. Could get him in January if we sell Lenihan due to he won't sign a new contract 

If he's any good, I would imagine that he'll be looking for a better move than to a bottom half Championship club.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Brady signed for Bournemouth. I'm not a huge fan tbh(although will always have that goal against Italy) and he has injury issues ,but it makes me wonder why we haven't signed an out of contract CF. There are surely some knocking about 

The free agent market once the window closes games into the season tends to be full of people who are free for a reason. Injury prone is a common one plus signing them so late as we did with Downing last season means that it takes too long to get that player fit. Brady is so injury prone, Bournemouth can take that risk (and with Brooks' unexpected absence could do with an extra body) but many teams wouldn't take that chance. A striker had to be signed in the summer, but sadly Venkys couldnt give enough of a shit to allow even a small fraction of the Armstrong money to be reinvested.

• Like 1

The quality of our side next season is going to be embarrassingly poor. If he’s still around (God forbid), what will Mowbray’s answer be? More sh*t loans from the premier league?

I predicted a potential relegation scrap this season. Next season looks nailed on if we do avoid it this time round.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

We've already had a taster this season of how crap we look when Nyambe, Lenihan and Rothwell aren't playing. Next season could be a nightmare if we go on with this policy of frees and kids on loan. I don't trust Mowbray and co to replace any of them adequately.

Rothwell leaving only to be replaced by a Tommy Doyle on loan is something that I can see happening.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Great news. The first of many senior players leaving on a free to be replaced by players on cheaper wages, most likely on loan. Operation relegation commences, but why wont the attendances go up?!

We are only 5 loans in the match day squad. 

We can replace these players with similar quality players but for we need a new manager who can get them more consistence from them, fresh ideas and is tactical awareness. Someone like Gareth Ainsworth would be ideal for me, John Park running the recruitment side and finding these quality players on low fees, frees and loans

• Like 1

Not sure where is best to put this, but Stewart Downing has a double part podcast with undr the cosh available on spotify.

Only within the last 10 minutes in the second episode does it mention us really, going back to when a pre-agreed contract offer was pulled 10 days before the season was pulled by the owners due to budgetary issues, Mowbray was embarrassed and frustrated to make the call apparently. Our owners pulling the rug out from under people again. Badly advised?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure where is best to put this, but Stewart Downing has a double part podcast with undr the cosh available on spotify.

Only within the last 10 minutes in the second episode does it mention us really, going back to when a pre-agreed contract offer was pulled 10 days before the season was pulled by the owners due to budgetary issues, Mowbray was embarrassed and frustrated to make the call apparently. Our owners pulling the rug out from under people again. Badly advised?

He didn't play Downing anyway, more money wasted on Mowbrays recommendations

• Like 3