BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

It's the latest convenient excuse - 'Oh we didn't really connect with the last one, the recruitment was all wrong for what we're trying to do here'

'Now if we bring in so and so that'll be the missing piece for us next season, top 6 here we come Mrs'

20 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I don’t know why they would want Armstrong when they have Gayle. Exactly same type of player and Gayle is the better of the two 🤷🏼‍♂️

Gayle's 32 in October. Armstrong only recently turned 24.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'd wager he's already got a pal lined up for that gig, this is just going through the motions stuff.

Would be interesting if the owners pick someone and give them 90% control on transfers.  Doubt that'd go down very well with the Coventrio.

More likely to be another appointment that strengthens Mowbrays hand though.

I'm willing to wager whoever it is has worked at Middlesbrough. I cannot believe he thinks a connection out ranks ability and track record, but then again we've tolerated his gibberish for years. Basically TM needs a pal, as anyone of competence challenges him and TMs fragile little ego can't take it. What an insecure man he truly is, a 60 year old Cartman, haha.

10 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Arsenal still interested in Raya apparently, so let’s hope Brentford get dumped out of the playoffs. Still have a sell on fee there.

Or even better hope Brentford get promoted - pay us that fee - THEN they sell Raya at a more inflated price. 

Not that we'll spend it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's odd that Mowbray is even talking about getting a say in the hiring of a recruitment director. He wants to "see if the connection is there".

I don't personally give a crap if he connects with Mowbray. If he is good for the club, can spot a player and is in it for the long-haul that's all that counts.

A connection... He does talk a load of crap.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Forest have released Yuri Ribeiro on a free. Which is insane to me, because he’s one of the best left backs in the league. I’d be jumping on that. 

Chris Hughton has let go the best left back in the league....? No catch or anything?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I'm willing to wager whoever it is has worked at Middlesbrough. I cannot believe he thinks a connection out ranks ability and track record, but then again we've tolerated his gibberish for years. Basically TM needs a pal, as anyone of competence challenges him and TMs fragile little ego can't take it. What an insecure man he truly is, a 60 year old Cartman, haha.

My thoughts on this too. Because if connection is key that excludes competence because anyone competent would not connect well to TM. Anyone competent would be asking "what the hell are you thinking" and "what a stupid idea" when TM comes up with gems like 5 million for Gally or a 3 year contract for Ayala. Can't imagine that would do much for the connection. 

Personally though I think it's a message saying it's going to be a yes man for me that gets it. I'm still calling the shots. 

Rovers are so far behind in future planning.

No head of recruitment!

No retained and released list issued!

No new season ticket data released!

No new shirt details released!

No communication with the support base!

In fact the shit show just goes from worse to worse under Waggot and co!

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Rovers are so far behind in future planning.

No head of recruitment! - Transfer embargo so not essential.

No retained and released list issued! - Top secret. One name per day for the peasants.

No new season ticket data released! - After June 23rd when we know covid rules.

No new shirt details released! - No point. Not being made until July.

No communication with the support base! - Nothing to tell anyone. Holidays for the next month.

In fact the shit show just goes from worse to worse under Waggot and co!

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

My thoughts on this too. Because if connection is key that excludes competence because anyone competent would not connect well to TM. Anyone competent would be asking "what the hell are you thinking" and "what a stupid idea" when TM comes up with gems like 5 million for Gally or a 3 year contract for Ayala. Can't imagine that would do much for the connection. 

Personally though I think it's a message saying it's going to be a yes man for me that gets it. I'm still calling the shots. 

He had a few sly digs at the fans this year, which is basically us lol. But it just shows he cannot accept criticism, imagine how he reacts to being told directly he is wrong? Steam must come out of hs ears and I'll wager he has a facial twitch going on. I can see him now, dressed in his white y-fronts in front of the mirror playing cowboy with a comb as his pistol. Bring your mates Tony, you'll still do pants and we've got the pre-war worst points run/total to beat. 😉 

#wereonajourney

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Rovers are NOT under embargo accounts have been filed I am reliably informed

Yes we ARE.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/april/transfer-embargo---club-update/#:~:text=Following reports in the national,deadline of March 1st 2021.

along with the club’s Profit & Sustainability submissions for the current year, for which we have until June 30th to meet our financial projections.

Meaning we have until June 30th to bring in the projected income (Arma) to get out of the embargo.

47 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yes we ARE.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/april/transfer-embargo---club-update/#:~:text=Following reports in the national,deadline of March 1st 2021.

along with the club’s Profit & Sustainability submissions for the current year, for which we have until June 30th to meet our financial projections.

Meaning we have until June 30th to bring in the projected income (Arma) to get out of the embargo.

That's where a quick sale of the training ground land would've pulled them out the do do.

Are they walking into it willingly though ?   It looked suspiciously like they did last time, even Shaw warned it was coming 6 months earlier. Nobody did anything though then once it was upon us it triggered the start of the sales.  Taps off, cost cutting, unable to re-invest allegedly, Owen Coyle, Tony Mowbray, relegation.

All the hallmarks are here again but like last time those in the middle of it all still draw their wages and bonuses. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yes we ARE.

I’m sure the mods are stopping free speech. I replied to this last night and it’s vanished! The article DOES NOT CONFIRM WE ARE IN EMBARGO. Read the bloody article.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yes we ARE.

We're not. You're conflating two separate issues. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JohnGo said:

I’m sure the mods are stopping free speech. I replied to this last night and it’s vanished! The article DOES NOT CONFIRM WE ARE IN EMBARGO. Read the bloody article.

No, we're not stopping free speech. For a start, we're not the USA, we have freedom of expression. Your post was removed for calling someone a 'bloody muppet'.

You'll notice that the post quoted here has remained, and it doesn't contain a pointless antagonistic insult. Consider the link between those things.

Thank you for coming to my ModTalk.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 6

• Moderation Lead
14 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yes we ARE.

Please can you stop saying we are in an embargo, when we aren’t?

It’s misinformation and will not be tolerated.

• Like 4