BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, K-Hod said:

No, the mods aren’t stopping free speech, we are stopping your insults of posters and general demeanour of rudeness. 
If you want to hang around here for a while, I’d recommend enrolling at charm school quick sharp!

You’re setting double standards. Mowbray can be called all the names under the sun, and you do nothing. How do you know he’s not on this forum? Yet when a very very mild rebuke is issued you become heavy handed.

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

You’re setting double standards. Mowbray can be called all the names under the sun, and you do nothing. How do you know he’s not on this forum? Yet when a very very mild rebuke is issued you become heavy handed.

No we aren’t. 

No he can’t. We have been over this before. 
Whilst it is obviously possible that Mowbray could be a member of this forum, it would be incredibly unlikely that any professional football manager would be active on any of their club’s forums, so we can take our chances!

In terms of being heavy handed, it appears that you are new, so rather than be offended by your questioning of mine and my team’s collective years of experience moderating here, I’ll just explain that posters insulting each other is not tolerated.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Yes we ARE.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/april/transfer-embargo---club-update/#:~:text=Following reports in the national,deadline of March 1st 2021.

along with the club’s Profit & Sustainability submissions for the current year, for which we have until June 30th to meet our financial projections.

Meaning we have until June 30th to bring in the projected income (Arma) to get out of the embargo.

That Club statement denies we've missed any filing deadlines as alleged by the Daily Mail and suggests that we won't be in embargo for anything we might or might not do by June 30th either.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

No we aren’t. 

No he can’t. We have been over this before. 
Whilst it is obviously possible that Mowbray could be a member of this forum, it would be incredibly unlikely that any professional football manager would be active on any of their club’s forums, so we can take our chances!

In terms of being heavy handed, it appears that you are new, so rather than be offended by your questioning of mine and my team’s collective years of experience moderating here, I’ll just explain that posters insulting each other is not tolerated.

'My team'. I like this side of you. Phwoar 🥰

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
27 minutes ago, Mike E said:

'My team'. I like this side of you. Phwoar 🥰

According to a scorned former poster ‘it’s the only power I get in my pathetic little life’, so I best make the most of it....

• Like 4

Ryan Wintle looks set to leave Crewe, surely he's worth a punt rather then Clucas as he is younger, has the link up play with Pickering already as they both played together. One disadvantage would be his experience as he doesn't have any experience in the championship, however it might just be worth looking into. 

59 minutes ago, AaronHolt01 said:

Ryan Wintle looks set to leave Crewe, surely he's worth a punt rather then Clucas as he is younger, has the link up play with Pickering already as they both played together. One disadvantage would be his experience as he doesn't have any experience in the championship, however it might just be worth looking into. 

Not so sure on him myself. Don't think he's quite what we need. Not because of the experience, or lack thereof, but mainly just what he brings to the table in terms of ability and play style.

1 hour ago, AaronHolt01 said:

I have never seen Wintle play and I am not necessarily saying that I want Clucas, but I think we badly need some experience, especially with Holtby, Evans, Downing and hopefully Bennett and Johnson about to leave. We shouldnt be solely looking for younger players.

We should be wary of signing too many players from League 1 though, he is the 4th player from mid table Crewe to be linked!

42 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have never seen Wintle play and I am not necessarily saying that I want Clucas, but I think we badly need some experience, especially with Holtby, Evans, Downing and hopefully Bennett and Johnson about to leave. We shouldnt be solely looking for younger players.

We should be wary of signing too many players from League 1 though, he is the 4th player from mid table Crewe to be linked!

He wasn’t linked so don’t fear! 

• Like 1

I think we'll find that everyone will be going except the kids on relative peanuts and those with year options on the same terms.

The taps are off. Venky response to a poor season is to stop funding and not answer the phone.

Said it last week we are at 2015 again. It will be cheap frees and kids to replace whoever we can sell.

Mowbray will play along with it.

Scum the lot of em.

This is going to be a long dark summer and season.

They'll get away with it now by letting the likes of Evans and Bennett go because most fans will be happy to see the back of them.

Trouble is this isn't a football decision. Its financial. And if we can't keep these players who the hell are we going to be bringing in?

• Like 7

My biggest worry is that we have lost so many players - most of them not very good to be fair - and we take so long to do deals, that we are going to go into the new season with an understrength squad. Add in that TM doesn't have a good record in the transfer market and the Mulgrew situation painfully showed something is better than nothing and the situation looks dire. Factor in a small transfer kitty too and we are beginning to look rather stuffed. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

My biggest worry is that we have lost so many players - most of them not very good to be fair - and we take so long to do deals, that we are going to go into the new season with an understrength squad. Add in that TM doesn't have a good record in the transfer market and the Mulgrew situation painfully showed something is better than nothing and the situation looks dire. Factor in a small transfer kitty too and we are beginning to look rather stuffed. 

We both know he will sign a load of dross, mates and exboro players, using his amazing 'connection' to his new head of recruitment. We'll be struggling by November as the players need time to adapt to TMs masterclass of football, enduring his bollocks, bullpoo and hypocrisy 💩. He may or may not be sacked, but even if he is, the new man will also be 'pants' and a season of tough times beckons, with us hoping there are teams worse than ourselves.

I'm really looking forward to next season now 😂😂

34 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

We both know he will sign a load of dross, mates and exboro players, using his amazing 'connection' to his new head of recruitment. We'll be struggling by November as the players need time to adapt to TMs masterclass of football, enduring his bollocks, bullpoo and hypocrisy 💩. He may or may not be sacked, but even if he is, the new man will also be 'pants' and a season of tough times beckons, with us hoping there are teams worse than ourselves.

I'm really looking forward to next season now 😂😂

Add in there may not be any points deductions or Covid or clubs with an embarrassing budget for league 1 to help keep us safe and it could be a nightmare. 

Other than Armstrong TMs record of buying strikers is horrific Bereton, Gally and Samuel haven't been of the required standard. Not sure I trust him to get it right in replacing Armstrong whatsoever. And when he is a third (I think?) of your goals that's an issue. 

The defence will be neglected as usual, which looks thinner by the year. 

And this is assuming none of our other contracted players go. With only 1 year left on a couple of contracts I think there's a couple of bargains to be had in the Rovers squad.

It is shaping up to be horrible next season.