BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We don't need backup in the position that he plays. He may well be a good role model and a decent bloke but that alone doesnt warrant a new deal, its a waste of finite resources for a player who is a liability in whatever position he plays.

The modern day Jason Lowe for us.  First in training, last out etc....them are the ones that get you sacked as a manager.....Not at this club though.....more tea Vicar 🍰🫖

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We don't need backup in the position that he plays. He may well be a good role model and a decent bloke but that alone doesnt warrant a new deal, its a waste of finite resources for a player who is a liability in whatever position he plays.

We only have Nyambe? JRC wants to play further up field, probably one of the reasons he hasn’t signed a new deal

Just now, Jlee1984 said:

We only have Nyambe? JRC wants to play further up field, probably one of the reasons he hasn’t signed a new deal

Even if Rankin Costello does want to play further forward, Bennett is not a competent choice at right back or indeed anywhere anymore. Signing an incompetent player for another year is backwards.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Even if Rankin Costello does want to play further forward, Bennett is not a competent choice at right back or indeed anywhere anymore. Signing an incompetent player for another year is backwards.

You said we don’t need backup, why use resources on another player for backup when we have one who happy to stay on bench until needed

13 minutes ago, Jlee1984 said:

You said we don’t need backup, why use resources on another player for backup when we have one who happy to stay on bench until needed

What's the point in that? We need a back up to push the regular player to keep performances up....

Fans have been totally brainwashed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

What's the point in that? We need a back up to push the regular player to keep performances up....

Fans have been totally brainwashed.

Nyambe one of the best in league, be hard to find a player to fit the bill, without paying too much money 

Edited by Jlee1984

If, and its got to be a big if,Chapman signs a new contract and stays here, he needs to have a stunning pre season, not just in the friendlies against lower league opposition but getting himself to the required fitness and busting a gut in training.

Could be a useful player for us but Mowbray hasn't been a fan of his since he signed him.

I'd be amazed if he signed a new deal though, must be off elsewhere (and no one would blame him)

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure if others have made the point but Bennett and Johnson are both past it and in my view neither have ever performed since they've been at the Club in the first place anyway.

Their wages should have been saved and combined to find an experienced midfielder who can still perform.

If it's the case that Johnson had a new deal automatically triggered by a minimum number of appearances then we should have been careful not to trigger it as he's been desperately poor overall since arriving at the Club.

Johnson one of the best this season, everyone I talk to agree. I think you need to ..... sorry don’t want banning!  Khod - I hope I’ve not over stepped the mark.

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I think JRC on the wing and Nyambe at full back would give us a strong right hand flank. The left hand flank is where we will just have to wait and see. I hope that Pickering and whoever plays left-wing, gels.. 

I agree with that being a strong right hand side of the team. 

12 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Johnson one of the best this season, everyone I talk to agree. I think you need to ..... sorry don’t want banning!  Khod - I hope I’ve not over stepped the mark.

One of the best ???

Now you've overstepped the mark of piss taking.

• Like 5

Johnson is solid and has been handy to have around but -yet again- the possession stuff doesn't suit him. One of about half a dozen that it didn't and it was a major reason they struggled for results last season.

When it was a bit more blood and thunder or counter attacking he looked better. The problem with him is simply this, he struggles to maintain a high level of fitness for whatever reason.  That's probably why he ended up here, TM liked a collection of half fit midfielders he could rotate.

Out of those that have left both him and Bennett will be on the lower end of the pay grade, or are prepared to be.  That's why they remain.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Johnson is solid and has been handy to have around but -yet again- the possession stuff doesn't suit him. One of about half a dozen that it didn't and it was a major reason they struggled for results last season.

When it was a bit more blood and thunder or counter attacking he looked better. The problem with him is simply this, he struggles to maintain a high level of fitness for whatever reason.  That's probably why he ended up here, TM liked a collection of half fit midfielders he could rotate.

Out of those that have left both him and Bennett will be on the lower end of the pay grade, or are prepared to be.  That's why they remain.

Who else at a decent level would sign either of those two . Shrewsbury is about it for either of them.

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who else at a decent level would sign either of those two . Shrewsbury is about it for either of them.

Plenty for a grand or two a week but probably non for the wages here.

In Bennetts case it looks like a typical TM move, there's a deal on the table son until you decide what you want to do. So that might drag on all summer.

It's long been the case in this era that guys who've bled good championship wages here end up in lge 1 when the Ewood gravy train runs out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Adam Reach is out of contract and someone who would fit that role. Patrick Roberts could be another option on loan. Another name I will suggest is Bristol City left side midfielder Callum O'Dowda. 

JRC or Dolan on the right wing then. 

Only reason you're mentioning Reach is because we've been linked with him.

Chapman is a good winger, Mowbray just doesn't rate him.

16 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Only reason you're mentioning Reach is because we've been linked with him.

Chapman is a good winger, Mowbray just doesn't rate him.

And if you see what the Sheff Wed fans are saying about him you wouldn't touch with a barge pole.   

Fully expect him to arrive in the summer.

• Like 1

Wasn't Chapman playing more centrally for Shrewsbury?

If so I wonder if he'll play centrally to fill the void Dack has left certainly for the 1st half of the season.

In my opinion, the key for Chapman is a run of games. Needs confidence and belief which comes from a starting spot not a Tonybola 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Look at Johnson’s stats. Number 1 for distant covered and pass completions. Facts don’t lie, you need to revaluate your perception of the guy. You obviously didn’t like him from the offset.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Look at Johnson’s stats. Number 1 for distant covered and pass completions. Facts don’t lie, you need to revaluate your perception of the guy. You obviously didn’t like him from the offset.

How from that post smart arse do you deduct i didn't like him from the off ?

My perception of the guy comes from watching him play i don't need dressed up sums to decide if hes been any good or not.  Like i said handy player but not enough left in the tank to be a mainstay in the team. And the slow pace possession game doesn't suit him, fans concerns stem from being caught in two minds in too often in dangerous situations.

On your day you're a good player though Jonno, come on how much are you on then ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

My perception of the guy comes from watching him play i don't need dressed up sums to decide if hes been any good or not.  Like i said handy player but not enough left in the tank to be a mainstay in the team. And the slow pace possession game doesn't suit him, fans concerns stem from being caught in two minds in too often in dangerous situations.

On your day you're a good player though Jonno, come on how much are you on then ?

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Probably not much more than you, how much do you make? Like I said stats do lie.