Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 13/05/2021 at 11:31, K-Hod said:

Please can you stop saying we are in an embargo, when we aren’t?

It’s misinformation and will not be tolerated.

Q: Any update on the transfer embargo?

A: The transfer window doesn’t open until July 1, and Rovers have until the end of next month to get their accounts in. If they’re FFP compliant, then there won’t be anything to worry about, but still waiting for the accounts to land.

So it’s a wait and see on that one, at the moment.

 

i.e at this moment in time we are still under the registration ban widely reported last month along with 7 other clubs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly I'm at a point where I just can't get excited about new signings as long as Mowbray is in charge. Even if the signee appears impressive I already know his impact will be neutered by Mowbray's

Hi all. Would like to thank anyone and everyone who has given my work a read over the last few days. As you can probably tell it took a very long time to do and a lot of late nights around my full tim

Fast forwards 12 months.... 'We lost the quality of Holtby and the goals of Armstrong last summer along with the regular right back and the experience of Johnson.  It's a sad day for the club but

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

So just to clarify, we are trying to keep Benno and Johnson? Why? What's that worth 500k + per annum, oh to work for a company where my budget can be spunked away like that. Bit like paying 175k a year for 'awesome' Pears and with those 2 we are probably paying close to 1 million pounds, just so TM has support in the dressing room.

Or 1 million a year spent because our management cannot 'build' relationships or man-manage. If it wasn't Rovers, I'd be pissing myself with laughter.

Bennett hasn't been offered any contract yet. I still think he will move to a club closer to home based in the Midlands 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderation Lead

Hi All, just had to tidy up this thread this morning. (Mods like to sleep, too).

Just a couple of points- rather than mentioning mods by name- use the report button, the ask admin section, or DM a mod please.

Also, please don’t start calling for people to be banned for having one opinion, whilst in the same post, defending someone else ‘as that’s their opinion’. 
As ever, any questions, just ask.

If you contribute to this thread after this post, I’m going to assume you’ve read it....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bennett hasn't been offered any contract yet. I still think he will move to a club closer to home based in the Midlands 

LOL, I did a Mowbray.

A Mowbray is when you claim something to be true in support of your argument, when it is really false.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

https://the72.co.uk/235814/blackburn-rovers-ready-to-sell-joe-rothwell-to-give-adam-armstrong-pay-rise/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I would be if favour of selling Rothwell if order to get Armstrong to sign a new contract. We can't replace his goals or the player like for like so it's a no brainer for me.

Selling Rothwell to keep Armstrong would only serve to highlight how terrible the Coventrio are at recruitment.

A proper manager would sell him and buy three gems.

Have we learned nothing from what happened with Dack?

But then again it is Nicko. He has a tombola machine to rival Tony’s.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Selling Rothwell to keep Armstrong would only serve to highlight how terrible the Coventrio are at recruitment.

A proper manager would sell him and buy three gems.

Have we learned nothing from what happened with Dack?

But then again it is Nicko. He has a tombola machine to rival Tony’s.

If Armstrong can only command £10,000,000 because of his contract then I think it makes sense to try and tie him down. Selling him next summer on a three year deal could get us closer to £30,000,000 and if all it takes is losing Rothwell - I’d be well up for it.

Edited by JoeH
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

If Armstrong can only command £10,000,000 because of his contract then I think it makes sense to try and tie him down. Selling him next summer on a three year deal could get us £30,000,000 and if all it takes is losing Rothwell - I’d be well up for it.

His stock won’t be higher than this season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stuart said:

His stock won’t be higher than this season.

It would if he was under a longer term contact. He’s a young player with 29 goals in the Champ. Look at Watkins (and probably Toney this year). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Q: Any update on the transfer embargo?

A: The transfer window doesn’t open until July 1, and Rovers have until the end of next month to get their accounts in. If they’re FFP compliant, then there won’t be anything to worry about, but still waiting for the accounts to land.

So it’s a wait and see on that one, at the moment.

 

i.e at this moment in time we are still under the registration ban widely reported last month along with 7 other clubs.

Two separate issues. 

Rovers were supposedly placed under an embargo (with 7 other clubs)  for not submitting their 2019/2020 accounts by the EFL deadline. Rovers said they did in the link you referenced (Club response to national media report - News - Blackburn Rovers)

Sharpe is referring to FFP. The FFP reporting period covers 4 years and will be assessed this summer. That is what Sharpe is referring to.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see why Arma would go along with a new deal if PL clubs are genuinely interested (or even Championship clubs who actually have a chance of getting promoted). Worst case scenario he's out of contract next summer, leaves on a free and gets a hefty signing on bonus and probably higher wages too as clubs no longer have to concern themselves with a transfer fee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

It would if he was under a longer term contact. He’s a young player with 29 goals in the Champ. Look at Watkins (and probably Toney this year). 

Why would Armstrong go along with that idea? He can make a heck of a lot more money as a free agent with the exact argument you are making.

We have to sell this Summer or plan for life without him and no money.

With Mowbray in charge we may as well give Rothwell “the Armstrong role”, build the team around him and let him have 5-6 shots every game.

I think it would be wrong to finance a one-season gamble (form vs injury-risk vs value) by selling another first team.

Besides, even if your lowball estimate is right. £10m now or £20m next season (assuming the same kind of season - unlikely) makes no real difference in Mowbray’s hands and is irrelevant given the size of our debt. That said, £20m could go a long way in L1. But lest we forget this 29 goal striker was an ever present in an abysmal season, including capitulation towards the end, so why the need to keep him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Why would Armstrong go along with that idea? He can make a heck of a lot more money as a free agent with the exact argument you are making.

We have to sell this Summer or plan for life without him and no money.

With Mowbray in charge we may as well give Rothwell “the Armstrong role”, build the team around him and let him have 5-6 shots every game.

I think it would be wrong to finance a one-season gamble (form vs injury-risk vs value) by selling another first team.

Besides, even if your lowball estimate is right. £10m now or £20m next season (assuming the same kind of season - unlikely) makes no real difference in Mowbray’s hands and is irrelevant given the size of our debt. That said, £20m could go a long way in L1. But lest we forget this 29 goal striker was an ever present in an abysmal season, including capitulation towards the end, so why the need to keep him?

Would you rather keep Rothwell or Armstrong? Because if that’s the clubs plan I know who I want around, and it’s the man who grabbed 29 goals last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Who’s going to pay big bucks for “ 1 good game in 5 “ Joe Rothwell ?

Can't agree Tyrone.  With the correct manager and system my view he goes to the Premier league at some point.  He can do the one thing that managers crave, being able to.go past multiple defenders and beat a man one on one.  Mowbray again mis managed this lad. 

He's done stuff this season that if Messi had done it they'd be tossing off over it.

If a manger can get an arm around him, build a team to suit him, I think he's a lovely player.

Sat on the bench far too often not starting or taken off

Edited by Sparks Rover
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

Would you rather keep Rothwell or Armstrong? Because if that’s the clubs plan I know who I want around, and it’s the man who grabbed 29 goals last season.

Moving the goalposts there, Joe.

I would rather we sold Armstrong right now than Rothwell.

If we keep Armstrong and recruit using the money we make from Rothwell then we are going to really struggle.

If we keep Rothwell and strengthen using the money from Armstrong then we should be able to improve the first team.

Arma is hugely overrated IMHO and his stock is artificially inflated because of his sporadic goalscoring - he is very inconsistent and has scoring gluts once teams are beaten. We are a better team when he doesn’t play. (You won’t find many stats for that but I’ve seen it with my own eyes). We need to take advantage of the situation.

While Mowbray is here this is all moot mind you.

Do you want another season like (or worse than) last season?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can't agree Tyrone.  With the correct manager and system my view he goes to the Premier league at some point.  He can do the one thing that managers crave, being able to.go past multiple defenders and beat a man one on one.  Mowbray again mis managed this lad. 

He's done stuff this season that if Messi had done it they'd be tossing off over it.

If a manger can get an arm around him, build a team to suit him, I think he's a lovely player.

Sat on the bench far too often not starting or taken off

What do you think we’d get for him this summer ? For me he doesn’t impose himself on the game enough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Moving the goalposts there, Joe.

I would rather we sold Armstrong right now than Rothwell.

If we keep Armstrong and recruit using the money we make from Rothwell then we are going to really struggle.

If we keep Rothwell and strengthen using the money from Armstrong then we should be able to improve the first team.

Arma is hugely overrated IMHO and his stock is artificially inflated because of his sporadic goalscoring - he is very inconsistent and has scoring gluts once teams are beaten. We are a better team when he doesn’t play. (You won’t find many stats for that but I’ve seen it with my own eyes). We need to take advantage of the situation.

While Mowbray is here this is all moot mind you.

Do you want another season like (or worse than) last season?

Can you explain that please? Genuinely intrigued 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mowbray again mis managed this lad. 

 

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What do you think we’d get for him this summer ? For me he doesn’t impose himself on the game enough. 

I think that question is yet another indictment of Mowbray. See Sparks’ comment.

Mowbray has favourites. First it was Dack, and Armstrong was played in a position that Arma himself said didn’t suit him in order to favour Dack’s abilities.

Everyone else is part of a rotation.

We are likely to have one player per season of any transfer interest. This season it is Armstrong.

Now, to go back to Joe’s question, I would support keeping Armstrong but only if Mowbray is replaced.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

What do you think we’d get for him this summer ? For me he doesn’t impose himself on the game enough. 

I know, it's not an ability thing.  He's so gifted and I hate Mowbray for wasting him.  2m or something....a bargain for the right club.

Armstrong will go too...

We are being played here...they both want to go by the looks of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

Can you explain that please? Genuinely intrigued 

What’s to explain?

I’ve watched the team when Armstrong has been absent and, in my opinion, we play much more like a team. Movement, interplay, passing and movement, cohesion, body language.

There are minimal stats to back this up but last season without him we beat Millwall away, drew with Swansea and narrowly lost 1-0 to Brentford. Dack was injured by Raya and Arma was then brought back in for the following game. He was then out again and we drew with Norwich. In both runs, as soon as we lost, somebody was dropped for Armstrong.

Arma hogs the chances and no surprise scores the majority of our goals. IMHO, this is how Mowbray wants us to play but it could just be that Armstrong is one-eyed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selling Rothwell to keep Armstrong doesn’t make any sense to me. 

There’s a player in Rothwell I think. He picks the ball from deep and can hurt teams. He is anonymous far too much but i would like to see him under a new manager before pinning that entirely on him. 
 

Don’t sell either and use the owners ‘deep pockets’ to sign some cheques 

LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I know, it's not an ability thing.  He's so gifted and I hate Mowbray for wasting him.  2m or something....a bargain for the right club.

Armstrong will go too...

We are being played here...they both want to go by the looks of it.

Well if Rothwell didn't want to leave before he will now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Which makes me think he's asked to leave

Well I would if I was him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • K-Hod pinned this topic
  • K-Hod locked this topic
  • K-Hod unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.