BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

It makes no sense to you but its depends what Armstrong wants and what Rovers wants. I not going to judge him on it cos we don't know the player or what his wishes are. 

Do you really think for 1 second that an ambitious young footballer who is scoring goals for fun and approaching his peak years is going to be content to stay at a club whose maximum ambition is mid table in the Championship?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

When you get 29 goals in a season and the fans think that you're "inconsistent", "a liability", "greedy", "holding us back", "Shoots too often" , you're perfectly entitled to say, "right I'm off" and go with my best wishes personally.

I wouldn't blame Adam Armstrong if he jumped ship to a relegated PL side because he's certainly not well thought of here by the fans.

Is he not?

Falling into a social media trap there of taking a small minority of loud online voices as speaking for a fanbase, which I suppose is easy to do after so long out of grounds.

He is certainly well thought of with plenty of fans I come across in real life.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It makes no sense to you but its depends what Armstrong wants and what Rovers wants. I not going to judge him on it cos we don't know the player or what his wishes are. 

for me, it depends on who we recruit this summer whether Armstrong stays or go and most of the championship clubs will be cutting back on wages and outgoings. Its going to challenging summer for most of this clubs at this level this summer. You got Boro and Bristol City looking to Luton striker James Collins being one of the transfer stories today

I expect him to leave, he took a pay cut to join so I suspect that he is already one of the higher earners and there is little wiggle room financially. He has a year left and has had 18 excellent months, even if no one bids an acceptable amount, it makes sense for him to wait and potentially even leave on a free next summer.

This year under Mowbray, lets face it, Armstrongs goals kept us from being in a relegation fight. Not seeing much to suggest that assuming he does leave and of course we know that Mowbray will stay, it might be a case whereby 21st is a successful season sadly.

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Looks like Bell is out on twitter saying the journos are talking shit.  Is he off then....

Have there been journos saying we are keeping him on? We already said on our retained list he is leaving.

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

When you get 29 goals in a season and the fans think that you're "inconsistent", "a liability", "greedy", "holding us back", "Shoots too often" , you're perfectly entitled to say, "right I'm off" and go with my best wishes personally.

I wouldn't blame Adam Armstrong if he jumped ship to a relegated PL side because he's certainly not well thought of here by the fans.

When Adam Armstrong leaves it will be because a club comes along that offers him more than this club does. It will be nothing at all to do with what fans think, or don't think, of him here. It will be because this is a club going nowhere, with no ambition, sticking with a poor manager at the end of his shelf life because it is more important to stick with good old Tone who will dance to whatever tune the owners decide than it is to shake things up and show some ambition.

He will leave because he doesn't want to play for a tin pot outfit with 4,000 fans a week turning up, which is where we are headed soon. 

He will witness this summer unfold, will see what direction this club is heading in, and will want to move elsewhere, just like any other player of any ambition will want to do too. Convenient because I expect the priority this summer will be to sell anyone with any achievable value.

It is unlikely that he has even been offered a new long term deal, because the club has been in a state of inertia for the last 12 months (except on plans to flog the training ground). So our intentions there are already clear, that's before our manager tries advertising him in the press as up for sale.

We are at a club where the manager selling our star player and brining in millions for him is the ambition for the summer because it will protect his position and earn him credit with the owners. What a backward club we are.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

Do you really think for 1 second that an ambitious young footballer who is scoring goals for fun and approaching his peak years is going to be content to stay at a club whose maximum ambition is mid table in the Championship?

I would want to be playing regular first team football in my peak years

48 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I expect him to leave, he took a pay cut to join so I suspect that he is already one of the higher earners and there is little wiggle room financially. He has a year left and has had 18 excellent months, even if no one bids an acceptable amount, it makes sense for him to wait and potentially even leave on a free next summer.

This year under Mowbray, lets face it, Armstrongs goals kept us from being in a relegation fight. Not seeing much to suggest that assuming he does leave and of course we know that Mowbray will stay, it might be a case whereby 21st is a successful season sadly.

This is where our recruitment and data analysing department should have already identify possible replacements for Armstrong. I would change tactics and formation from last year and go back to playing a bit directly and play JRC or Dolan or new wide players on the wingers and get crosses into the box. 

18 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Have there been journos saying we are keeping him on? We already said on our retained list he is leaving.

is he not refering to the Israel Gaza Palestine conflict?

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Good post. Keep Armstrong. Sack Mowbray. 

• Like 2

Before Dack got injured I remember talking to some fans who thought he wasn't up to the championship level. That was rubbish and since he was injured I do think we've missed him as a creative outlet in the centre. His loss was only softened by the fact Armstrong stepped up to the crease and yet some fans seem convinced he's a liability because he's a bit greedy but who is he meant to pass it to? Gallagher, Brereton? I think some fans can be a tad bit ungrateful to our players when they are clearly the difference between midtable and relegation which is where we'd be without Armstrong imo 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

Before Dack got injured I remember talking to some fans who thought he wasn't up to the championship level. That was rubbish and since he was injured I do think we've missed him as a creative outlet in the centre. His loss was only softened by the fact Armstrong stepped up to the crease and yet some fans seem convinced he's a liability because he's a bit greedy but who is he meant to pass it to? Gallagher, Brereton? I think some fans can be a tad bit ungrateful to our players when they are clearly the difference between midtable and relegation which is where we'd be without Armstrong imo 

I don't think anyone would disagree about the players. But with a motivated manager those same players could be the difference between midtable and promotion.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

I don't think anyone would disagree about the players. But with a motivated manager those same players could be the difference between midtable and promotion.

Absolutely but I still reckon without Armstrong we'd have been battling to stay up on the final day this season. I guess it was Mowbray who brought Dack and Armstrong in but he is also responsible for all wasting money on Gallaher and Brereton as well as completely mishandling all the other players and sending teams out with no identity. I really hope he's going soon but I fear the next manager will have a uphill battle to et us in to play-off contention without Armstrong. 

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Good post. Keep Armstrong. Sack Mowbray. 

Mowbray has to go.

Sadly we need first team players and quickly and it seems we can’t do that without money.

The only money we can get is for Armstrong. If we want to maximise the opportunity he has to go this Summer.

Now if we brought in a manager we’ll could work miracles without selling Armstrong then great.

But my view is that we can’t/won’t.

16 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

Absolutely but I still reckon without Armstrong we'd have been battling to stay up on the final day this season. I guess it was Mowbray who brought Dack and Armstrong in but he is also responsible for all wasting money on Gallaher and Brereton as well as completely mishandling all the other players and sending teams out with no identity. I really hope he's going soon but I fear the next manager will have a uphill battle to et us in to play-off contention without Armstrong. 

In my time supporting the Rovers. Ever since the selling of Tony Field, people have been asking how are we going to survive without such and such a striker. We have always found someone else. Just as a side point, some of those strikers we have lost, were a darned sight better than Armstrong.

• Like 2

• Backroom

The problem with Armstrong for me is the haircut, with all the data and science in football these days I’m amazed that his fringe hasn’t been addressed! 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

In my time supporting the Rovers. Ever since the selling of Tony Field, people have been asking how are we going to survive without such and such a striker. We have always found someone else. Just as a side point, some of those strikers we have lost, were a darned sight better than Armstrong.

Very true, we'll get somebody but with Tony still here we won't go anywhere sadly, even if our new striker is Mbappe

• Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

4 pages dedicated to "Armstrong or Rothwell".

Knowing this corrupt club and arsehole manager, we'll sell Rothwell for £1.5m (max) in a few weeks to a top six chasing CH team, then "try" to resign Armstrong all summer before selling him in the dying days of August for £15m (max) as we "have to" cash in now.

Then... according to Mowbray we won't have time to get a replacement in for either Rothwell or Armstrong as other clubs want "too much money" (thanks to our windfall) or (unlike Rovers {Raya}) will need "a replacement signed first". 

Long story short and reading the tea leaves - were selling Armstrong AND Rothwell. Spending £0m.

Don't get too excited.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, rigger said:

How many times have we gone on to do better the next season though? I can't hark back past the 90s for personal experience, but the times since then have been very few and far between.

4 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

4 pages dedicated to "Armstrong or Rothwell".

Knowing this corrupt club and arsehole manager, we'll sell Rothwell for £1.5m (max) in a few weeks to a top six chasing CH team, then "try" to resign Armstrong all summer before selling him in the dying days of August for £15m (max) as we "have to" cash in now. (£10.2m coming to us.)

Then... according to Mowbray we won't have time to get a replacement in for either Rothwell or Armstrong as other clubs want "too much money" (thanks to our windfall) or (unlike Rovers {Raya}) will need "a replacement signed first". 

Long story short and reading the tea leaves - were selling Armstrong AND Rothwell. Spending £0m.

Don't get too excited. (At least we'll have Bennett and Johnson at £15-20kpw combined).

exactly how i interpreted it..They are so full of shit and spout it so often they are predictable with it. Sick of them trying to pull the wool over fans eyes

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

How many times have we gone on to do better the next season though? I can't hark back past the 90s for personal experience, but the times since then have been very few and far between.

I think our better seasons have been down to who is manager rather than who is the main striker. Shearer excepted.

• Like 1

I see that the reason we've offered Chapman a new deal is that at no point did we have an option in his contract to trigger an extra year. Mowbray specifically stated only about a month ago we would be triggering the additional year and that the reason Chapman went on loan was due to this always being the plan, so as he could gain first team experience and come back this year and push for a place in our side.

We all knew Mowbray was lying when saying it was always the plan anyway. Whether Chapman is up to Championship level is another debate but its more concrete evidence of either Mowbray rewriting history now that we're skint and he can't pick and choose his favourites/not care about burning money or its concrete evidence of the shambolic way the club is run and us not actually knowing the expiry date of an assets contract.

• Like 2