BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure about Reach, always seems to flatter to deceive, scores a wonder goal once in a while, although he ticks all the boxes having played at Boro.

not interested in Boro connections. But we need a left side midfield and I would prefer left footer one. Also suggested Callum O'Dowda from Bristol City as another one I would look at

Another article on Chapman, lancs live seem to have verified it too with a club source if I'm reading it right. I'm now wondering if he had to have played a certain amount of games for us this season or we had to activate it by a certain point or something and nobody remembered that part of the clause. Including his agent, which would be odd.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-chapman-contract-situation-20612928?fbclid=IwAR1V-EUqkYUoOktGz95DKjNom7g9aAq6mmmcWyYjixFav_FmRg0ZRgFepLQ

Edited by bluebruce

4 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Some interesting names on the retained lists around the league being released. Shame Rovers are the opposite of proactive...

Shows they're are improvements out there.

Mario Vrancic - Norwich

Alex Mowatt - Barnsley

Christian Kabasele and Kiko Femenia - Watford

Yuri Ribeiro- Notts Forest

Hakeeb Adelakun, Henri Landsbury, Famara Diedhiou and Jamie Paterson - Bristol City

Alex Pritchard and Oscar Niasse - Huddersfield 

Jack Wilshire- Bournemouth 

Henrik Dalsgard - Brentford

Junior Hoillett (👀) - Cardiff

Martyn Waghorn and Andre Wisdom - Derby

Britt Assombalonga - Middlesbrough 

Matty Pearson - Luton

Kadeem Harris and Jordan Rhodes -Sheff Wednesday

Andre Ayew and Kyle Naughton- Swansea

Could build a team that finishes well above Mowbrays Rovers with them cast offs.

Jack Wilshire......how the mighty have fallen

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ricky said:

Tom Lees has always been a CB who I thought was decent at this level. I know he’s got an injury at the moment but he’s only 30 so he’s still got a few years left in the tank.

No 30 year old injured CBs please. Got stung on that already last summer.

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Another article on Chapman, lancs live seem to have verified it too with a club source if I'm reading it right. I'm now wondering if he had to have played a certain amount of games for us this season or we had to activate it by a certain point or something and nobody remembered that part of the clause. Including his agent, which would be odd.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-chapman-contract-situation-20612928?fbclid=IwAR1V-EUqkYUoOktGz95DKjNom7g9aAq6mmmcWyYjixFav_FmRg0ZRgFepLQ

Very odd goings-on. In early April Chapman, Chapman's agent and Mowbray all confirmed there was an option of extension in his contract. A month later there is no option to extend. Hmmm?

Either someone at Ewood is lying to the LT and LL, and there really is an extension (why they would do that I've no idea?)

Or there has been an almighty cock-up in the admin dept at Rovers. 

6 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

For one reason or another he’s not been a regular starter for Shrewsbury although when he’s played he’s usually done something. From what bit’s I’ve seen he’s not been playing as a winger but more in the Dack style of position.

I think the injuries he’s had have robbed him of that explosive pace he once had. To be honest I think Shrewsbury is his level now.

They probably can't stretch to what he wants for a wage so he'll get another contract here and be loaned out again.

I just can't see Mowbray ever using him properly in this division and to be honest i'm not sure he's up to it.  I sense an old pals act again here.

26 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Very odd goings-on. In early April Chapman, Chapman's agent and Mowbray all confirmed there was an option of extension in his contract. A month later there is no option to extend. Hmmm?

Either someone at Ewood is lying to the LT and LL, and there really is an extension (why they would do that I've no idea?)

Or there has been an almighty cock-up in the admin dept at Rovers. 

Another Shelfie contract?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Most Wednesday fans on their forum think he's useless.  What qualities have you seen to make him a worthwhile target?

The fact Wednesday fans think he is useless , would make him a Mowbrayesque signing !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richie_ said:

Am I right that a Brentford promotion is the best outcome for Rovers financially with the clauses in the Raya deal? Not that we’ll likely see any of it reinvested in the window. 

I think Arma is going to be off regardless. So as well as the Raya clause it would probably be helpful having Brentford go up and taking Ivan Toney off the market too given he is the only player of comparison goals and age wise at this level. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, J*B said:

All I know is if Harry Chapman was a Shrewsbury player and available on a free, after the season he’s just had we would be crawling over broken glass to sign him. 

Would we. I feel like we are over exaggerating the impact he's having. Has been on the bench a fair bit recently.

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think Arma is going to be off regardless. So as well as the Raya clause it would probably be helpful having Brentford go up and taking Ivan Toney off the market too given he is the only player of comparison goals and age wise at this level. 

Could be, although that's on the assumption that there is only really a market for one Championship striker to be bought by a Prem club this summer.

Looking at it another way, if Toney was to move for silly money, we would be in our rights to argue that Armstrong should also move for a lot (obviously we've weakened our position with this one year left on his deal thing, unless we have another 1 year extension clause up our sleeves, but a generally comparable player moving for say 35 million should strengthen our hand)

I think Armstrong has had a terrific season and is clearly our biggest asset at this moment in time, however his record against the better sides in this division isn't very good, 1 or 2 goals against the top 6 sides in this division.

I'd question his bottle a little bit as quite a few times this season were games  have been tight or we have had a chance to get back into a game  and Armstrong has had either a penalty or clean through on goal and he has completely fluffed it.For some reason he never goes around the goalkeeper.

With one year left on his contract added to the fact clubs have taken a financial hit during the pandemic I think talk of 20 million fees is a bit pie in the sky.

Even if we where to get big money for him we would likely only get a small fraction of it reinvested into the squad and it would get spent by a manager who is leading us nowhere.Its a lose-lose for the supporters again .Bad times 

A line needs drawing under the Chapman saga i'm not sure why anybody expects it to be any different if he came back.

If we'd changed manager then fair enough but as it is it'll just be more groundhog stuff. 

Todays LT:-

Indeed, Raya could yet be the biggest goalkeeping story of the summer once again, with Rovers waiting on a possible Premier League move for the Spaniard that would see a sell-on clause activated.

Alternatively, should Brentford reach the top-flight themselves, there is a promotion clause within the deal that took Raya to the capital, and help push the initial £3m fee closer to the £5m maximum.

• Like 1

Really disappointed we are letting Rothwell go. He's not been managed well by Mowbray at all imo. Mowbray seemed to take the approach to bully him a bit which seemed unfair. He had his faults but it wasn't his attitude. Needed more if an arm round him.

Feels a lot like Cairney. Genuinely talented but strangely not valued. Likely to go on to a higher level like Cairney. Seems totally self inflicted.

Other players far less promising treated better.

• Like 6