BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

37 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

AA's movement is very underappreciated, as is his pace. His finishing needs to improve, but it's his movement and pace that gets him the chances. Very few, even in the Prem, have what AA has in that regard. He can also smack them in the from 25 yards because his technique is excellent. 

Everton and WHU would be getting a quality player who can only get better. 

And another thing in his favour is a lot of Prem teams defend high up the pitch these days. He's incredibly dangerous when huge spaces are left for him to run into. 

Most high defending premier teams have equally fast defenders. I think also his main obstacle in the premier league would be VAR. He is caught offside a lot with linesmen never mind VAR.

Edited by rigger

Seems like other Championship clubs are starting to sign players, albeit fairly underwhelming ones. Cardiff have signed James Collins, QPR have signed Sam Field permanently, Middlesbrough have signed Lumley from QPR and Huddersfield have signed Pearson on a free from Luton.

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

would be an utter waste of time having jordon back here,he thrives on quick service and opportunities in the box none of which we provide,he`d probably come off the bench and get put on the wing in place of  our other centre forward who`d  been out there😊

Well he had Adam Reach a superb crosser of the ball and did nowt with it. My Wednesday mate probably got up at the crack of dawn to wave him off. We got the best years out of him. Downhill from there. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, rigger said:

Personally I would play him in a two up front with Gallagher. Or as a left winger

Um---left-footed and a winger so play him on the left wing? 

It sounds revolutionary but it could just work!

• Like 1

He got 6 of their 20 nominations for goal of the season (think he scored 7 in total). Can skip to about 2 minutes before you see him appear. I would play him in the Dack role and give him a run of games. TM will probably put him RB tho.

• Like 4

Hasn't he always been seen as a wide right forward by the management ?

It looks like him right, Gallagher left as per the experiment recently then probably end up with Dolan in the middle.  Or a young loanee winger, excuse being keep a berth open for Dack !

No way is this guy bringing in a proper striker if Armstrong leaves, just doesn't seem to fit his philosophy....sorry ..tombola.

Edited by tomphil

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Linked with Ryan Gauld, think he would be a class signing.

30 clubs supposedly interested, we struggle to compete in the market against one or two at a time....I think we are nearly as likely to sign the actual Messi as this 'Scottish Messi'.

6 hours ago, neophox said:

Didn't realize Brereton is only 22. Think this could be his season coming up.... Think he needs to be playing regurarly upfront.

I would add : under a better manager

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Our new centre forward

I think that he has the same attributes as AA, pace, balance and a good shot with either foot. 

Defending is not something he likes to do, but AA improved when he played as a CF because he didn’t have to chase back and defend. 

He is a confidence player who needs to be loved to get the best out of him. Make him the main man and he could be our answer if we lost AA. 

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

I think that he has the same attributes as AA, pace, balance and a good shot with either foot. 

Defending is not something he likes to do, but AA improved when he played as a CF because he didn’t have to chase back and defend. 

He is a confidence player who needs to be loved to get the best out of him. Make him the main man and he could be our answer if we lost AA. 

I would say that's an extremely optimistic take

He has nowhere near the pace that AA has ,nor the shooting ability 

He will need to keep fit and step up his game from League 1 level to get anywhere near the squad, let alone replace AA 

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Linked with Ryan Gauld, think he would be a class signing.

Yeah we couldnt even convince Bell (not that I want him to, but TM did) to sign on - he had better offers elsewhere. No chance we offering better wages than 29 other clubs, many of which probably finished higher than us last season.

• Like 1