BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say that's an extremely optimistic take

He has nowhere near the pace that AA has ,nor the shooting ability 

He will need to keep fit and step up his game from League 1 level to get anywhere near the squad, let alone replace AA 

Have you seen the quality of the goals he has scored for Shrewsbury?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Rhodes has already signed for Huddersfield according to Peter O'Rourke on twitter.

Back to his routes, amazing thinking where Huddersfield were and have been since he was last there. 

2 minutes ago, roversinmyblood said:

Have you seen the quality of the goals he has scored for Shrewsbury?

Think you're getting posts mixed up. Believe BDS was talking about BB, not HC.

Edit: Looking back, maybe i am wrong.

Edited by JacknOry

Maybe an idea would be if Chapman was to stay would be to have him here around the first team and to loan Dolan out to League 1, ideal world in a year is that Chapman has established himself and Dolan is on the back of a season full of goals and assists ready to challenge as well.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Maybe an idea would be if Chapman was to stay would be to have him here around the first team and to loan Dolan out to League 1, ideal world in a year is that Chapman has established himself and Dolan is on the back of a season full of goals and assists ready to challenge as well.

I actually think we will need Dolan with us. No Rothwell,no Dack. Someone has to create something up front.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 47er said:

I actually think we will need Dolan with us. No Rothwell,no Dack. Someone has to create something up front.

I think we need to sign in wide areas anyway, with Elliott gone and potentially Armstrong and/or Rothwell leaving, I think we need to sign players to replace them, we dont have the answers to such holes internally. If we do try to do that, we will be in even more trouble.

So Huddersfield, one of the few sides as bad as us last season, have already made moves bringing in Rhodes and Matty Pearson on free transfers.

We can debate the qualities of those two but they've got themselves, for no outlay, two experienced and proven performers at this level nice and early into the summer.

What are we doing? Who knows but it isn't looking good.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So Huddersfield, one of the few sides as bad as us last season, have already made moves bringing in Rhodes and Matty Pearson on free transfers.

We can debate the qualities of those two but they've got themselves, for no outlay, two experienced and proven performers at this level nice and early into the summer.

The decision makers are on their jolly hols! What's the rush they ask

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

All signings are pointless with Mowbray as manager anyway so it doesn't matter.

I think this sentiment will pop up quite a few times in this thread yet, and understandably so. But many of us can't help but want to talk about the ins and outs regardless.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, O'Malley said:

Was it last season or the season before that this forum had a meltdown because Derby signed Graeme Shinnie before we signed anyone?

I think a meltdown is over selling it, but yes, every summer we have people complaining because some other clubs have signed players of varied calibre and we haven't yet. I find it a bit silly when it's this early on, unless we've missed a player of real quality or value.

It tends to be the window drags on with us doing bugger all until the point where it does become a valid criticism.

• Like 2

We ended up having a good summer window last time around looking at it on paper. Didn't make any difference though once the manager, a few knocks and covid had entered the equation.

I'm not sure i can get excited by any signings this summer given we know exactly what will happen. Maybe an underwhelming one and smaller squad will clip the the tombolas wings and work in our favor instead.

After all 12/13th will  be hailed a success and progress come next May !

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Do we ever have our house in order? Always seems like we are linked with players and they don't arrive, then we get the standard waffle from Mowbray about players demanding high wages/agent fees, all the while other clubs are making moves.

If there was ever a close season to have targets sorted and sounded out, ready to sign early doors, its this one.

Looks like the usual, everything has to be reviewed and approved by a bunch of people who have no idea about football, tripling the time it takes to make a signing.

Ewood circus continues.

Edited by davulsukur

43 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

This is where I miss Steve Kean.

We've signed the Scottish Messi he would proclaim haha.

well he did sign goodwillie,who he called the scottish wayne rooney,unfortunately the only comparison between the two is  they are both *****,loved a good bit of bull**** did the useless one,did`nt he also compare mauro formica to gabriel batistuta???😆

Re Rothwell, I think people vastly overestimate how much a manager factors into their decision to move or not. The average manager lasts 15 months while a new player signing is expected to commit to 3 or 4 years. It’s a rare Kenny or SAF that players will sign for just because a it’s them. Players leave for money or for the prospect of more starts, I think very few, if any, leave because of what fans think of a manager.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Re Rothwell, I think people vastly overestimate how much a manager factors into their decision to move or not. The average manager lasts 15 months while a new player signing is expected to commit to 3 or 4 years. It’s a rare Kenny or SAF that players will sign for just because a it’s them. Players leave for money or for the prospect of more starts, I think very few, if any, leave because of what fans think of a manager.

Yup, if the lad is ambitious, he will move if he can. We don't do ambition here under TM. This lad under the right management could be a top player - seems Sheff United maybe think that. 

• Like 2

Gould would be a good signing but can't see it. Think Chapman needs to stay because we don't have enough in those areas without him. Don't like the idea of sending Dolan out on loan - we need to play him.