BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

51 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

well he did sign goodwillie,who he called the scottish wayne rooney,unfortunately the only comparison between the two is  they are both *****,loved a good bit of bull**** did the useless one,did`nt he also compare mauro formica to gabriel batistuta???😆

Yep, he certainly did. From table tops to batistuta, he was good for a laugh. Funnily enough did we not try and sign the real batistuta under Jack? 

1 hour ago, Lucimo said:

I don't miss Steve Kean. If I never heard his name mentioned again it would be too soon. 

Didn't you just mention it hehe.

How's he doing in the prisoner colony league? Karma of sorts haha, he would be jailed in Ulrichland 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Don't like the idea of sending Dolan out on loan - we need to play him. 

If Rothwell and AA go and dolan is starting more it's a real worry for me.   He isn't a fully fledged professional in my opinion yet, he will be eaten alive next season as he's a one trick pony.  His pace isn't as good as you think either.  Just my.opinion mind.

If we have a starting team with Dolan, Bucko, Davenport,  Gallagher + 2 more league 1 signings I'm very worried about next season.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't get excited about this lad Curtis from Pompey. Anyone think he's decent?  Does he have pace etc?  

It's hard to get excited about anything Rovers these days ☹️

• Like 2

Matty James from Leicester is out of contract this summer. Had a good season at Coventry on loan this season and could be a good pick up on a free. Easily better than all of our outgoing centre mids and Bradley Johnson, would walk into this team in its current state.

• Moderation Lead
19 minutes ago, Maphsa said:

Matty James from Leicester is out of contract this summer. Had a good season at Coventry on loan this season and could be a good pick up on a free. Easily better than all of our outgoing centre mids and Bradley Johnson, would walk into this team in its current state.

His injury record is worse than Vince Grella’s though....

Think we need to remember we've still got the basis of a good squad here.

It's mostly young and has flaws and weak spots that need strengthening . Half a dozen good additions makes it competitive again in the middle of the table. That's likely to be frees and loans so it's a big job but i don't want to see them chucking contracts at anyone who'll come on less than ten grand a week.

Massive job but one that will probably have the usual last min casual approach to it. 

I'd much prefer a new conductor overseeing it though, everything needs freshening up.  Another jobs for the boys, nice lads, do as they are told summer will leave us struggling next season once the 'knocks & pitches' take their usual toll  (only in Blackburn) of course.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't get excited about this lad Curtis from Pompey. Anyone think he's decent?  Does he have pace etc?  

Dunno, we seem to get linked with him every window. Wiki says he is a Winger/Striker, so nailed on to play full back.

9 minutes ago, iSeeRed said:

I wonder if we'll have to stump up some cash to Forrest if Brereton gets some international caps for Chile 

Who cares it's only money, far more important to be of the shysters that create the issues, than dealing with the petty details.

22 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Dunno, we seem to get linked with him every window. Wiki says he is a Winger/Striker, so nailed on to play full back.

Winger/Striker ?   that's nailed it then no wonder Mowbray is sniffing around.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

His injury record is worse than Vince Grella’s though....

Very true, but it can't be any worse than all of the injury prone midfielders we've had over the last couple of seasons.

To me he would be an upgrade on Evans and probably play a similar amount of minutes.

8 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If Armstrong and Rothwell both leave, we'll also be back to having the slowest 11 in the league. 

Sadly that would suit Mowbray's laborious slow passing game down to the ground. Why counter attack with pace and intent when you can win the possession stat?

• Like 2

A few players suggested for midfield at the bottom of this article:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19319614.blackburn-rovers-midfield-transfer-plans-focus-creativity/

Ryan Gauld, already mentioned but described here as having been 'offered' to us. Dylan Levitt, Man U youth player. Cameron Branagan from Oxford, described as not coming cheap. Ryan Wintle, from Crewe, turned down a new deal from them. The poncily named Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, decent Leicester player who was at Luton on loan last season.

Sharpe might know things he can't let on, but the only one of these he is presenting as tangible is Gauld. The rest sound like suggestions.

54 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

. Ryan Wintle, from Crewe, turned down a new deal from them.

I know I've picked this out but we seem to have a strange fascination with 12th placed in League 1 Crewe's players....that's 3 suggested and we've bought one....

Worrying times.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ryan Wintle,

Crewe Alex boss resigned to losing key man amid Championship interest - Cheshire Live (cheshire-live.co.uk)

24 next month so no compensation for Crewe I'd imagine. That will be right up Waggott's street. Other Champ clubs in for him so we might be one of them. I'd imagine Sharpe knows Rovers have an interest.