BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

46 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Crewe Alex boss resigned to losing key man amid Championship interest - Cheshire Live (cheshire-live.co.uk)

24 next month so no compensation for Crewe I'd imagine. That will be right up Waggott's street. Other Champ clubs in for him so we might be one of them. I'd imagine Sharpe knows Rovers have an interest. 

Thanks, wasn't clear from Sharpe's article whether he was out of contract, which I initially wrote, or just turned one down but still had a year or two left.

I imagine you're right that if he turns 24 before 30th June he would be completely free (apart from signing on, agent fee and wages obviously).

It doesn't inspire, like Sparks said, that we might shop twice from the same midtable League One side, who already had two (Pickering and Ng) players move up to the Championship. He could be a good un for all I know, but how many Championship level players can one midtable League One side possibly have on their books?

• Like 2

On 20/05/2021 at 20:53, roversfan99 said:

Seems like other Championship clubs are starting to sign players, albeit fairly underwhelming ones. Cardiff have signed James Collins, QPR have signed Sam Field permanently, Middlesbrough have signed Lumley from QPR and Huddersfield have signed Pearson on a free from Luton.

No surprise McCarthy at Cardiff went for Collins and another striker to help Moore out. Was linked with Boro and Bristol City aswell. 

Boro has signed Lumley as number 1 for next season haven't they? 

Not seen much of Field to comment enough on him but was highly rated at WBA when Pulis was there 

On 21/05/2021 at 13:22, Bigdoggsteel said:

The Gauld link is similar to being linked to Adam Maher awhile back. Either made up or totally unrealistic. Just time wasting really. This is set up to be a dreadful transfer window I feel  

why unrealistic? 

He would be regular starter here and key player for us. Would he be that at some of the other clubs who want him. Hope he doesn't go to the MLS club.

On 21/05/2021 at 13:45, roversfan99 said:

Maybe an idea would be if Chapman was to stay would be to have him here around the first team and to loan Dolan out to League 1, ideal world in a year is that Chapman has established himself and Dolan is on the back of a season full of goals and assists ready to challenge as well.

Why loan Dolan out? Why not play him wide and used his tricky and pace to our benefit next season on the right side of front 3 or wide man in 4 man midfield with JRC for competition for the wide spot. 

Unsure whether we should sign Chapman for next season

On 21/05/2021 at 14:04, JHRover said:

So Huddersfield, one of the few sides as bad as us last season, have already made moves bringing in Rhodes and Matty Pearson on free transfers.

We can debate the qualities of those two but they've got themselves, for no outlay, two experienced and proven performers at this level nice and early into the summer.

What are we doing? Who knows but it isn't looking good.

Would Rhodes fit into Mowbray's way of playing and formation? 

Under a manager who is willing to play front 2 then Maybe Rhodes would have been option but as lone striker at aged 31 not for me. 

On 21/05/2021 at 14:34, O'Malley said:

Was it last season or the season before that this forum had a meltdown because Derby signed Graeme Shinnie before we signed anyone?

exactly. This forum did have a meltdown over this. 

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

A few players suggested for midfield at the bottom of this article:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19319614.blackburn-rovers-midfield-transfer-plans-focus-creativity/

Ryan Gauld, already mentioned but described here as having been 'offered' to us. Dylan Levitt, Man U youth player. Cameron Branagan from Oxford, described as not coming cheap. Ryan Wintle, from Crewe, turned down a new deal from them. The poncily named Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, decent Leicester player who was at Luton on loan last season.

Sharpe might know things he can't let on, but the only one of these he is presenting as tangible is Gauld. The rest sound like suggestions.

Gauld is a no brainer for me and hopefully we can get the best out of him if he signs here. 

Dewsbury-Hall would be good option in a midfield role next Travis and Buckley in midfield 3 but for me we need a good centre midfielder who has the defensive attributes to protect the back 4 

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gauld is a no brainer for me and hopefully we can get the best out of him if he signs here. 

Dewsbury-Hall would be good option in a midfield role next Travis and Buckley in midfield 3 but for me we need a good centre midfielder who has the defensive attributes to protect the back 4 

Why would he be a no brainer? Have you seen a fair bit of him? What kind of player is he?

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why would he be a no brainer? Have you seen a fair bit of him? What kind of player is he?

very highly rated a few years ago and thats where Sporting Lisbon signed him. describe has the Scottish Messi I believe

He is a number 10 player and would add creative spark to our play and thats what we lack last season. 

Plenty of Clips online to view thats show his talent over the past 6 years. Please take a look

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very highly rated a few years ago and thats where Sporting Lisbon signed him. describe has the Scottish Messi I believe

He is a number 10 player and would add creative spark to our play and thats what we lack last season. 

Plenty of Clips online to view thats show his talent over the past 6 years. Please take a look

None of what you said is reason enough to think signing Ryan Gauld is a no brainer

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

None of what you said is reason enough to think signing Ryan Gauld is a no brainer

Maybe that's your opinion but for me it's just the player we need. Someone with creative spark which we lack for a couple of seasons under Mowbray. If we are going to play the way Mowbray wants then we need some creative in midfield whether its left winger or number 10 player or centre midfielder. 

Cant rely on just Buckley to do this and Rothwell looks like he is likely to going. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe that's your opinion but for me it's just the player we need. Someone with creative spark which we lack for a couple of seasons under Mowbray. If we are going to play the way Mowbray wants then we need some creative in midfield whether its left winger or number 10 player or centre midfielder. 

Cant rely on just Buckley to do this and Rothwell looks like he is likely to going. 

one thing i do know about gauld is he`s very lightweight,you can`t start buckley and gauld together,everyone would walk through us

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

one thing i do know about gauld is he`s very lightweight,you can`t start buckley and gauld together,everyone would walk through us

He's no more lightweight than Elliott or Dolan or Armstrong. 

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He's a no brainer cause he is one of those ruffians from north of the border and we all know they lack brains up there from listening to their leader Ms Trout pout her drivel. He's ginger, wears a skirt, plays with his caber and will help the ladies team out nicely 😂😂

I don't see how him and sack would play together and being honest we need a CM not a AMC.  Guess TM will shunt him out wide or perhaps full back, or a false 9, but he is a hole player.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's unrealistic because any player with ambition and other options will look at our form last season, the fact the manager was somehow not sacked and is still here and the general circus like nature of the club and think why? We haven't challenged for the play off places since we were relegated from the PL. 

This strikes me as similiar to previous links like Adam Maher, than sound great, but are very unlikely to happen. More leaked to keep fans who don't know better happy. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, exactly. Hes not even the type of player we need. For bite in midfield we will be left relying on Johnson and Travis. 

Absoloutely this.  We need a 6ft 4 Nzonzi type lad in the middle to give us a bit if presence.  Too many small, light weight players as it is. 

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Absoloutely this.  We need a 6ft 4 Nzonzi type lad in the middle to give us a bit if presence.  Too many small, light weight players as it is. 

They'll never sign anybody who might stand there and look intimidating to the manager or other players.

He doesn't want leaders, only followers.

As for this Gauld lad i think i'd probably rather sign another highly rated Prem loanee. At least they can be sent back if it doesn't work. Iv'e zero point zero faith in this management doffing out  2 or 3 year contracts to anybody outside of a few we already have.

• Like 1

I’m surprised that people are not more keen on Ryan Guald. I’ve followed his career loosely albeit from a far since he shot onto the scene at Dundee way back when. He struggled at Sporting but even then showed glimpses of what he could do. He’s come into his own at Farenese and think has 10 goals and 7 assists in a team that has struggled all season. 

A player who I would compare him too is Rochina. A player I believe this club grossly misused. We should of built our entire team around him. The one issue was for rochina was his consistency, which he seems to have found after he left rovers, and grew with experience. Gauld now seems to be at that stage where he has the consistency to match his talent. I’ve no doubts he would be one of the best creative players in the championship, as a wide man or and attacking midfield. I very much doubt we will get him. There is prem and champ interest and I can’t see us being able to match the wages others are offering. But don’t get it twisted. He’d be a massive coup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The close season so far, has the stench of that window under Bowyer where we offloaded all our decent players and signed frees. No way will any Armstrong sale money be 'reinvested' in the squad.

Yep. ‘Budget sorted’ my arse. Even when it is, the phone will be off the hook in Pune when we try to get anything over the line.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying we want to loan Pears out and bring in another number 2

It's Nixon so take it with a pinch of salt but if it's true then Pears truly has been a pointless, jobs for the boys signing. No doubt our new number two will be another Teeside waster. 

• Like 5

Getting Pears some first team experience isn't a bad idea but where he'll get it who knows.

I said when we signed him the longer Mowbray is here the more chance of Pears ending up number 1 is a reality. 

I'll stand by that, probably next season is my guess.  Faint hope that the manager is sorting out a mate before he gets potted though.

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

The club reckon Armstrong is going to stay. 

That means the asking price is too high and they aren't expecting any bids.

Well done Vs if true, new manager next please.....

• Like 1

If Armstrong stays then we've got less to do - but it's almost a harder summer without the income of his sale. 

Harwood-Bellis on loan is probably the most important business we can do. He's good enough and he's a cheapish option. If Armstrong stays you don't need a big money replacement but how do you improve on last year without Elliott and without a big budget?