BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

If Armstrong stays then we've got less to do - but it's almost a harder summer without the income of his sale. 

Harwood-Bellis on loan is probably the most important business we can do. He's good enough and he's a cheapish option. If Armstrong stays you don't need a big money replacement but how do you improve on last year without Elliott and without a big budget?

£10 million for Buckley🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I’m surprised that people are not more keen on Ryan Guald. I’ve followed his career loosely albeit from a far since he shot onto the scene at Dundee way back when. He struggled at Sporting but even then showed glimpses of what he could do. He’s come into his own at Farenese and think has 10 goals and 7 assists in a team that has struggled all season. 

A player who I would compare him too is Rochina. A player I believe this club grossly misused. We should of built our entire team around him. The one issue was for rochina was his consistency, which he seems to have found after he left rovers, and grew with experience. Gauld now seems to be at that stage where he has the consistency to match his talent. I’ve no doubts he would be one of the best creative players in the championship, as a wide man or and attacking midfield. I very much doubt we will get him. There is prem and champ interest and I can’t see us being able to match the wages others are offering. But don’t get it twisted. He’d be a massive coup.

I think you're over rating Rochina myself. Some odd glimpses of talent but overall very disappointing and not Premier League quality.

33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

If Armstrong stays then we've got less to do - but it's almost a harder summer without the income of his sale. 

Harwood-Bellis on loan is probably the most important business we can do. He's good enough and he's a cheapish option. If Armstrong stays you don't need a big money replacement but how do you improve on last year without Elliott and without a big budget?

It's not really because we know Armstrong can score goals and we also know Mowbray can't be trusted with a generous transfer budget. 

We have a decent wage budget 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying we want to loan Pears out and bring in another number 2

Personally I think Pears is in the best position for the Rovers. Sitting on the bench, having nothing to do with the football. The only problem is the amount he is getting paid for doing it. If Kaminski gets injured, he comes on for the rest of that game. If the injury is long term, the Greek lad takes over in goal until Kaminski is fit again.  

1 hour ago, 47er said:

presumably with a new contract then?

Do you think so? I think his agent will advise him to stick around,  when the pandemic is gone in 12 months he can get a whopping signing fee and top wages.....

Nobody has any money at the moment.  I wouldn't be singing a new deal with us now...

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

The club reckon Armstrong is going to stay. 

Probably only if:-

AA signs a new contract and AA states he won't move even if a Prem team come in for him. 

OR

AA wants to see out his contract to give himself more options next summer, even though Rovers are desperate to sell him cos they'll get nowt in a years time. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Erm....maybe make a change elsewhere, if you know what I mean.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

If he's not signing a new contract then its probably the worst business we could do?

At most normal clubs id agree but let's be honest whatever we get for Armstrong only a tiny portion of it will be reinvested in to the playing squad and I wouldn't want Mowbray spending big money anyway so the fans don't win by Armstrong leaving at least if we have him next season we have someone with a proven record of scoring goals in this division.

• Like 2

Any new Armstrong deal will presumably contain a release clause, no higher than 25 mill in a best case scenario. More than we would get now, but could still end up triggered.

I see the logic in loaning Pears out for experience, but I don't see the logic in making a 4th keeper signing in two summers without selling any of them. I hope if this happens our replacement keeper is either a loan or a one-year deal for some old experienced head.

• Like 1

I always "enjoy" this period... we assume nothing is happening because Mowbray and Waggott are on holiday, hence why all the "good" "Bosman's" get snapped up over the next 2 weeks by other clubs...

Only to be told by the LT in about 2 weeks time that the transfer activity will increase a week later once Mowbray and Waggott are back from holiday, and after they speak to the owners a week after that.

I await the usual shambles.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I always "enjoy" this period... we assume nothing is happening because Mowbray and Waggott are on holiday, hence why all the "good" "Bosman's" get snapped up over the next 2 weeks by other clubs...

Only to be told by the LT in about 2 weeks time that the transfer activity will increase a week later once Mowbray and Waggott are back from holiday, and after they speak to the owners a week after that.

I await the usual shambles.

I seem to remember last summer's window being fairly unanimously hailed as a good one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, O'Malley said:

I seem to remember last summer's window being fairly unanimously hailed as a good one.

Wasn't my point.

During a covid "summer" during a lockdown without "holidays" 🤷‍♂️. We signed Tyrhys Dolan.

We singed 4 players on deadline day (Pears, Elliott, Trybull, Douglas)

Even had to play our first cup game without a proven keeper as Kaminski was quarantined until 1 day before we played Bournemouth. Ayala was signed after the season started.

15 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Wasn't my point.

During a covid "summer" during a lockdown without "holidays" 🤷‍♂️. We signed Tyrhys Dolan.

We singed 4 players on deadline day (Pears, Elliott, Trybull, Douglas)

Even had to play our first cup game without a proven keeper as Kaminski was quarantined until 1 day before we played Bournemouth. Ayala was signed after the season started.

Were we the only club in that position? Genuine question as it always seems to me that a multitude of clubs scramble around on deadline day.

Edited by O'Malley

23 minutes ago, O'Malley said:

We thought it was. We agreed with TM that Top 6 was the aim and that we were capable of it. Never under this manager.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The owners? Like they have any idea about that sort of thing 

Mowbray could sign his agents son if he wanted and nobody would care. Oh wait....

His agent's son? I thought it was just his friend's son. Which is bad enough.