BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

8 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Rankin-Costello I'll give as a wide midfielder. Dolan and Chapman aren't players you'd use in a 4-4-2 and get success out of. Chapman's success at Shrewsbury came in behind the striker and neither him or Dolan are going to be putting crosses into the box all game for me.

Is this you as a confirmed signing for next season then Joe? 😄

• Like 6

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

If we line up with that team next season with Mowbray in charge, we'll get relegated.

In all honesty I think any team we line up under Mowbray next season will have a chance of getting us relegated. Especially without the goals of Armstrong. 

But I do believe under a proper manager, under that set up, we would be a dangerous team. 

5 minutes ago, TruRover said:

In all honesty I think any team we line up under Mowbray next season will have a chance of getting us relegated. Especially without the goals of Armstrong. 

But I do believe under a proper manager, under that set up, we would be a dangerous team. 

It's the amount of goals that team would score that frighten me. I struggle to see us scoring more than 30 goal all season (even that might be ambitions with that personel), although admittedly with a new manager it might be different. 

36 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Is this you as a confirmed signing for next season then Joe? 😄

I like to think I could grab one or two 😉

37 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

That hasn't been decided yet.

You'd wonder why he would agree to a new contract though. Not getting games and Mowbray doesn't seemingly think a lot of him. By all accounts, it sounds like his attitude hasn't been great since he joined permanently either.

After the form he showed at Shrewsbury, you'd think there would be some other clubs willing to take a chance on him.

If there is genuinely a chance he stays, I think it's because the managers future is unclear. He might be waiting to see if Tony goes before deciding anything?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

You'd wonder why he would agree to a new contract though. Not getting games and Mowbray doesn't seemingly think a lot of him. By all accounts, it sounds like his attitude hasn't been great since he joined permanently either.

After the form he showed at Shrewsbury, you'd think there would be some other clubs willing to take a chance on him.

If there is genuinely a chance he stays, I think it's because the managers future is unclear. He might be waiting to see if Tony goes before deciding anything?

He would cost compo. Due to his age and having been offered a new deal. Given what he cost us, I'd imagine you're looking at Championship clubs only and he would be a risk to pay for at this level. We will see what happens.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has he sign a new contract for us to play next season? 

His contract here is up in a month

I don't know if he has signed a new contract, or if he plans to. I would suggest that you don't either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He hasnt signed a new contract here for next season. So unless he does he leaves next month

No, he becomes a free agent next month. He will only leave if someone puts an offer to him that he is willing to accept. The Rovers are as likely to do that as anyone.

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

No, he becomes a free agent next month. He will only leave if someone puts an offer to him that he is willing to accept. The Rovers are as likely to do that as anyone.

Chapman will be leaving Rovers next month. 2 and half years here and done nothing. Release him and find better

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chapman will be leaving Rovers next month. 2 and half years here and done nothing. Release him and find better

But surely, as you want Mowbray gone (if you do), you must concede Chapman hasn't had a proper go, but has done well in his loan. What's your problem with not giving him a chance but the very mediocre Bucko is starting in our midfield for you....? Bucko who has done just jack shit mate.

More trolling 

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We probably won't find better though. If ever there was a time we should keep him and give him a go, it's now 

Better at what? 

Why keep him when he hasn't done it in the 2 and half years? 

He has produced nothing for us

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Better at what? 

What's Carter produced for us...? Or magloire? Or Bucko or Pike or the rest you want.?

Chapman better than all of them

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Better at what? 

Hard to produce something when you pretty much never play. Not producing hasn't stopped numerous other players from being regulars either.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Better at what? 

Let’s try this a different way. 

You’ve recommended we sign Kirk from Crewe. What has Kirk done for Crewe which Chapman hasn’t done for Shrewsbury/Rovers?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Better at what? 

He hasn't even started a game, has he? Instead Mowbray plays Gallagher out of position in the role Chapman should be playing. I don't even know why Mowbray signed him. He ,like others, has been mis handled. Not saying he has helped himself either though 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

You’ve recommended we sign Kirk from Crewe. What has Kirk done for Crewe which Chapman hasn’t done for Shrewsbury/Rovers?

Well considering Harry Chapman is every so slightly older, he's managed 20 league starts in his entire career compared to over 150 from Kirk.

Chapman had only started 4 league games in his career by the time he turned 23, before he joined Shrewsbury.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Charlie Kirk has played a lot of football. Like considerably more than average for his age - a little like Armstrong. The main benefit is that he's rarely injured compared to Chapman. His data also indicates that he's a much better passer of the ball - creating the 9th most chances in the EFL last season. Not saying Charlie Kirk is perfect, but there's a few reasons he's a better option than Chapman for me.

27 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Charlie Kirk has played a lot of football. Like considerably more than average for his age - a little like Armstrong. The main benefit is that he's rarely injured compared to Chapman. His data also indicates that he's a much better passer of the ball - creating the 9th most chances in the EFL last season. Not saying Charlie Kirk is perfect, but there's a few reasons he's a better option than Chapman for me.

His data is based on playing at League 1 level though, right? Therefore it cannot be accurately compared against the entirety of the EFL, only League 1?

1 minute ago, J*B said:

His data is based on playing at League 1 level though, right? Therefore it cannot be accurately compared against the entirety of the EFL, 

Sure to  be 9th of 70 rather than 9th of 23 is better....its all relative so a good stat.  It doesn't say if he can play at a higher level though...