BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Hard to produce something when you pretty much never play. Not producing hasn't stopped numerous other players from being regulars either.

Question is why hasn't he played more? Injuries is a factor, I watched him for under 23's a number of times in 19/20 season and he didn't look interested and his performance was poor. 

Chapman is 23 now and he hasn't been picked regular for the first team squad in two and half years of being here. I really think its time we move on and bring in other people to fill the wide roles in 4-3-3 formation. 

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Let’s try this a different way. 

You’ve recommended we sign Kirk from Crewe. What has Kirk done for Crewe which Chapman hasn’t done for Shrewsbury/Rovers?

My suggestion is based on @JoeHopinion and I see thats Joe H has given a description of the type of players he is, number of games he started and his stats. @LeftWingerhas mentioned his starting stats. 

I also suggested Hollett and Reach. After Joe H post on twitter about the Right sided attacker in the front 3 being left footed and the impact that Elliott had from there. It was interested post and good debate to have. I would suggested someone like Patrick Roberts from Man City and someone who we could buy. 

Chapman has been on the books of Championship clubs his whole career. With a few League One loans where a combination of incompetent management (in our case at least) and injury have hamstrung him. He was also very young for his first loans. How good they both were at age 19 or whatever isn't really relevant anymore.

Apart from saying he is injury prone, which is legitimate to point to as a disadvantage, amount of games is hardly a fair comparison.

(Disclaimer, I don't know the other lad at all, he could be class, just saying games played isn't a fair comparison considering Chapman's situation, other than to observe injury issues)

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Question is why hasn't he played more? Injuries is a factor, I watched him for under 23's a number of times in 19/20 season and he didn't look interested and his performance was poor. 

Chapman is 23 now and he hasn't been picked regular for the first team squad in two and half years of being here. I really think its time we move on and bring in other people to fill the wide roles in 4-3-3 formation. 

My suggestion is based on @JoeHopinion and I see thats Joe H has given a description of the type of players he is, number of games he started and his stats. @LeftWingerhas mentioned his starting stats. 

I also suggested Hollett and Reach. After Joe H post on twitter about the Right sided attacker in the front 3 being left footed and the impact that Elliott had from there. It was interested post and good debate to have. I would suggested someone like Patrick Roberts from Man City and someone who we could buy. 

Of course he wasn't interested, it's obvious the manager didn't rate him. I wouldn't have been interested either. It was insulting that he was restricted to the ressies given our other options.

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

His data is based on playing at League 1 level though, right? Therefore it cannot be accurately compared against the entirety of the EFL, only League 1?

Chapman has only 12 championship games and how many of those are starts tho? 

He has played 58 games in league 1 tho and in his total career he has played 89 games overall. I have not included under 23's games or Uefa Youth league games

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Of course he wasn't interested, it's obvious the manager didn't rate him. I wouldn't have been interested either. It was insulting that he was restricted to the ressies given our other options.

Maybe he shown his interested and performed well in the under 23's then maybe he would have played more 1st games here. 

He has only 12 games in the Championship whilst 58 games in league 1 aged 23.  

Time to let him go and find a better player

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Hang on. Wasn't it you and one or two other "experts" who told us that you had been told that would have happened by now ?

Football is rife with Chinese whispers and false information, situations change with the wind as well, it's an interesting world. Thus when one gets told something it's hard to know whether it it or will be true. People only pass on what they hear and they cannot be held accountable for the reliability of the info.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Football is rife with Chinese whispers and false information, situations change with the wind as well, it's an interesting world. Thus when one gets told something it's hard to know whether it it or will be true. People only pass on what they hear and they cannot be held accountable for the reliability of the info.

People only pass on what they want to hear.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Hang on. Wasn't it you and one or two other "experts" who told us that you had been told that would have happened by now ?

Well, not by a specific date, just "at the end of the season".

The information was from a seemingly reliable source, can't comment on whether it was incorrect in the first place, or something changed in the intervening period, or whether it's still on but has been delayed for whatever reason.

Still waiting for your end of season report on Mowbray you promised us!

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The information was from a seemingly reliable source, can't comment on whether it was incorrect in the first place, or something changed in the intervening period, or whether it's still on but has been delayed for whatever reason.

I was all ready to post my report on the manager until I read what you said regarding his departure so thought it best to wait. Obviously, trusting your good self is not a mistake I should make again.

Regarding the season just finished clearly a big disappointment. Despite what some have said, there was improvement on the defensive side of things - 54 conceded compared with 63 and 69 in the previous seasons. Problems arose though with scoring when the opposition set themselves up to be difficult to play against - either when the game was goal less or they were a goal ahead. Whilst we had a superb record when scoring the first goal - almost always going on to win the game - if we didn't get it we found it difficult and that happened far too often. I put that down to the possession style of play that was adopted. The manager clearly does have responsibilty for that decision and the often poor execution of that style - endlessly passing the ball in short and backward passes is not what it is supposed to be. Mowbray is one of the older breed of managers and I am not sure he and his staff really understand how to implement this style. It reminds me of the middle aged dad trying to dance to hip hop music at his teenage daughter's party - he thinks he knows all the moves but doesn't quite get it right.

What to do now ? My answer depends on the budget that will be available. If there is a significant budget then I would want Mowbray moved on and "someone else" brought in. However even if Armstrong is sold I suspect the budget will be limited and in those circumstances I can't see any point spending money getting rid of the manager and his team; I can't see the likes of Wilder etc being attracted to a club with limited resources in the transfer market, and that's before we get on to the idiotic owners.

10 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The evidence would correlate to it being incorrect, surely? Seeing as it's now the end of the season? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

If there is a significant budget then I would want Mowbray moved on and "someone else" brought in

I wanted that 2 or 3 years ago when it was clear he was a very limited manager and his time was up.

£40 million quid later...

• Like 5

On 24/05/2021 at 16:59, K-Hod said:

Not saying the fella hasn’t put some graft into that report, but at the very beginning, he admits that we have regressed with our league position. 
Could probably have finished it there tbh....

Very much so. I dont really understand the motive behind what is clearly a report that has taken a lot of time and to be fair is presented very well. Is it a case of someone not currently within the recruitment department of a football club creating what is essentially a portfolio to try and earn himself paid work? And if so, would that in any way explain his continued insistence to justify the "performance over results" rhetoric to defend Mowbray, wary of burning bridges ahead of what he hopes will eventually see him get a paid job?

The line about Rovers recruitment team doing an excellent job did make me chuckle! I havent seen many of the players play very often although Trybull is perhaps the perfect example of how data can mislead, presumably his passing stats are good yet they dont account for how slow he does everything stunting the momentum in any attack, not a player I want to see return.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The evidence would correlate to it being incorrect, surely? Seeing as it's now the end of the season? 

It will also still be the end of the season next week. Feasibly, anything up til say preseason could be end of the season.

But I'm sure they got duff info. He's going nowhere yet.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

It will also still be the end of the season next week. Feasibly, anything up til say preseason could be end of the season.

But I'm sure they got duff info. He's going nowhere yet.

I don't believe anyone was suggesting anything more than a few days at most after the actual "end of the season" when they claimed to be ITK. They meant shortly after the last game was my understanding. Not some deadline up until pre season. 

It strongly appears that he isn't going anywhere and probably never was. 

Although at this club, nothing would surprise me! 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it a case of someone not currently within the recruitment department of a football club creating what is essentially a portfolio to try and earn himself paid work? And if so, would that in any way explain his continued insistence to justify the "performance over results" rhetoric to defend Mowbray, wary of burning bridges ahead of what he hopes will eventually see him get a paid job?

👀

DFBDCBC7-1B46-410B-BA7C-656E57D7E47A.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very much so. I dont really understand the motive behind what is clearly a report that has taken a lot of time and to be fair is presented very well. Is it a case of someone not currently within the recruitment department of a football club creating what is essentially a portfolio to try and earn himself paid work? And if so, would that in any way explain his continued insistence to justify the "performance over results" rhetoric to defend Mowbray, wary of burning bridges ahead of what he hopes will eventually see him get a paid job?

The line about Rovers recruitment team doing an excellent job did make me chuckle! I havent seen many of the players play very often although Trybull is perhaps the perfect example of how data can mislead, presumably his passing stats are good yet they dont account for how slow he does everything stunting the momentum in any attack, not a player I want to see return.

The motive is quite clear. He loves the Club, he loves what he does and believes in it. He wants to share his undoubted talent with fellow Rovers fans, who have an interest. 

He has openly said that he believes it's time for a change of manager so there's no motive of trying to please Mowbray. His analysis of performance has data to back it up. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Andy Watson is a massive Rovers fan who loves the club. He is massive fan of data within football and being scouting players. 

But he is trying to get a job in football as a scout or data analysis but he has produced twice now a proper recruitment documents that would be used by some clubs to provide a proper insight into how Rovers recruitment team would look at potential signings for Rovers fans who are interested in this. If you aren't, thats fine but don't criticise Andy for taking time out to produce for fans who are interested in this like myself and Wegerleswiggle do. 

• Like 2