BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

BP is Player liaison, no? Is that not the role in which they have to babysit the man-children that are pro footballers?

I.e changing a lightbulb for Travis at 2am etc?

How many BPs does it take to change a lightbulb 😂

Aye that's the role, football players apparently cannot wipe their own backsides at 20+. Sad indictment of the youth of today and player's in general. Doesn't matter how Chapman is seen at Rovers, we should have kept in touch and sent someone to watch him. It all stems from the top, and given our top is TM, I am not surprised one bit.

• Like 1

https://glucoseclub.com/2021/03/blackburn-rovers-are-monitoring-a-proven-match-winner-while-former-target-comes-into-play/17447?fbclid=IwAR3Yf_KWr7_mlGtuiNQNS8OuVDDYTYAJ8n2E5IObxO_9PZP8jSnkCKkxaz0

Starts by talking about Ronan Curtis but goes on to talk in detail about Joe Pigott. Second article I've seen link him lately.

The basics on him:

27 years old

6 ft 2

Free transfer (his choice) from AFC Wimbledon

20 goals and 5 assists in 45 games last season in a side finishing 19th in League One

Only 7 goals in 34 games the season before (his worst goal ratio for them)

In total, 47 goals in 137 games over four League One seasons for them

Was playing National League when they signed him, but prior to that was playing throughout the pro leagues except the Prem. 12 Championship appearances for Charlton back when he would have been about 19-20 years old

The joint-highest match-winning goals in League One across the last two seasons, level with Clarke-Harris at Peterborough

I've never seen him play, but on a free with a limited budget and based on those numbers, I probably wouldn't mind him as a backup option.

Edited by bluebruce

If somebody would have been marshalling the stats when Andy McEvoy was starting out at Rovers they would have come to the conclusion he was a pretty average reserve grade midfield player. It was only when we shoved him up front in a crisis mid way through his career that we discovered he was a goal scoring machine.

28 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

9 free-agents who Blackburn Rovers should have on their transfer radar and why | Page 8 | Football League World

Players available on a free.

Always thought Alex Prichard was quality and still only 27.

Mowatt has had a good season or two and only 26. 

Jack Wilshere can fill the vacancy in the Vince Ayala suite. 

Yeah, there's a few on FB who have been suggesting Jack Wheelchair 

47 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Think he's off to Watford from what I've read

Yeh, bizarrely due to sign a 5-year deal at promoted Watford. I get that they're going to be flush with cash, but that seems wasteful and like they could do better.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

9 free-agents who Blackburn Rovers should have on their transfer radar and why | Page 8 | Football League World

Players available on a free.

Always thought Alex Prichard was quality and still only 27.

Mowatt has had a good season or two and only 26. 

Jack Wilshere can fill the vacancy in the Vince Ayala suite. 

I just couldn't see Wilshire working out for us at all. For the amount of money he'd want and the amount of games he'd play, it would be a serious waste of the wage budget.

So, expect him to sign shortly 🤔 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I just couldn't see Wilshire working out for us at all. For the amount of money he'd want and the amount of games he'd play, it would be a serious waste of the wage budget.

It does have shades of Rodwell about it...

25 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Just think Wes Brown, Jack Rodwell, Stuart Downing...

Never rule anything out here they are suckers for big names on big bucks who might manage 10 games per season. We can carry them till they find somewhere else or retire, or of course do their badges !

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh, bizarrely due to sign a 5-year deal at promoted Watford. I get that they're going to be flush with cash, but that seems wasteful and like they could do better.

Always liked AF I've followed his career since he was 13 at notlob.  I'd swap him for SG any day of the week and Brereton.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Always liked AF I've followed his career since he was 13 at notlob.  I'd swap him for SG any day of the week and Brereton.

Would you give him a 5 year deal in the Prem though?

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Would you give him a 5 year deal in the Prem though?

5 years is a lengthy deal, his agent must have played a blinder.  No fee to pay though for Watford if his contract expired at boro 

I know what you are saying but I think he can make that step up. I'm.not sure he will be their number 1 striker but his mobility, height, good technical ability makes me think he can do well.

Edited by Sparks Rover

7 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Good luck Bees. Thanks for the transfer clause for Raya. Two million in the kitty?

I reckon we would have shifted some 5,000 more season tickets if the price had been reasonable, say 300. Which comes to 1.5 million lost through Waggot's greed. So I'd say that just fills that void (and other matchday revenue lost income), covers that loss, rather than being money for the kitty.

Maybe it means we won't need to sell Rothwell to pay for an Armstrong contract extension as has been suggested though.

Edited by bluebruce

I was watching a video last night that says FIFA are considering reducing the amount of players clubs can loan out. I think it was from 8 to 6. That means there will be about 25% less Premier League loans available in the market, which dicks one of our main transfer approaches.

That could actually be a good thing longer term, as we are forced to rely on actually developing or recruiting our own players instead of constantly borrowing en masse. But combined with our restricted budget and Brexit shafting our brand new European scouting network into near-irrelevance, I do worry even more about the impending season with Mowbray at the helm.

A welcome cash injection for sure and David Raya who Mowbray chose to give up on and throw under the bus is now a Premier League keeper.

Meanwhile Mowbray Magoo has us on course for a possible Championship stay out of the relegation zone dogfight. 

As for the Euro scouting set up being derailed by Brexit surely there'll be a way around it. Why go to so  much trouble and expense when they knew that was on the cards the ball started rolling 5 years ago !

Then again is it actually anything more than having staff in England watching European games on tv ?  

Anyway a future potential profit on Kaminsky should cover it, ex Boro lad waiting in the wings. 

Edited by tomphil

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As for the Euro scouting set up being derailed by Brexit surely there'll be a way around it. Why go to so  much trouble and expense when they knew that was on the cards the ball started rolling 5 years ago !

Then again is it actually anything more than having staff in England watching European games on tv ?  

Anyway a future potential profit on Kaminsky should cover it, ex Boro lad waiting in the wings. 

Why? Because they're idiots. I suspect they thought they'd get it set up sooner than they have, and were chancing their arm on what the criteria would be. I'm sure there isn't a way 'around' it, but it's not impossible to sign from Europe or anything. It's just very difficult to do so at a cost effective level for a club like ourselves.

The leagues where we could get good value will more or less all be off the table now. We only managed the two keepers from it last season and neither of them would qualify now under the new regs. There will be a very small pool of players available to us that are worth the price to us, and due to the shrunken market there will be a lot more competition for them than before, even if we can identify them. We know we aren't much good at beating other clubs to players.

I'm not even sure whether say Lewis Holtby would have met the requirements. German international but no recent caps, second tier in Germany, those things would reduce his eligibility. Although he didn't turn out great, if a player with the kind of cv he had and wages he will have cost can't be acquired anymore, I don't see us signing anyone from Europe this summer. Perhaps someone like Joe will correct me on if he would have been approved.

• Like 1