BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Motherwell supposedly interested in taking Magloire permanently.

If he isn't going to part of the 1st team squad this coming season then might aswell sell him

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

But combined with our restricted budget and Brexit shafting our brand new European scouting network into near-irrelevance, I do worry even more about the impending season with Mowbray at the helm.

You can still sign players from European but they have to get 15 work permit points to enable them to sign for British Club. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If he isn't going to part of the 1st team squad this coming season then might aswell sell him

You can still sign players from European but they have to get 15 work permit points to enable them to sign for British Club. 

I'm 100% aware of that Chaddy. My subsequent posts, talking about fitting the criteria, make it very clear I understand that.

I'm not sure if you understand how hard it now is to get that many points. Joe ran the numbers before and showed that Kaminski wouldn't have qualified, for example. A guy who is now currently sat only behind some of the best keepers in the world keeping him from playing for one of the best international sides in the world, and who has just won our Player of the Season. That's why I say the much-vaunted European scouting network is now nearly irrelevant. It will be very hard to find players we can afford who have enough points.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm 100% aware of that Chaddy. My subsequent posts, talking about fitting the criteria, make it very clear I understand that.

I'm not sure if you understand how hard it now is to get that many points. Joe ran the numbers before and showed that Kaminski wouldn't have qualified, for example. A guy who is now currently sat only behind some of the best keepers in the world keeping him from playing for one of the best international sides in the world, and who has just won our Player of the Season. That's why I say the much-vaunted European scouting network is now nearly irrelevant. It will be very hard to find players we can afford who have enough points.

Yes Joe posted a post on here before on here. Plus another person has explained to me the criteria. 

Joe give a few examples of European players we could target and afford a couple of weeks ago. 

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Ashley Fletcher to leave Boro. I'd have him down here no probs.

He first came to my attention in the Sunderland documentary where he missed a lot of chances. I've watched him since whenever I've seen him and he has a good attitude but isn't very good and doesn't score with regularity . I'd be passing that one over.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Meesh said:

Raya will have improved as a player since moving there a couple of years ago, no doubt, but for me there's absolutely no contest between him and Kaminski as far as I'm concerned. Big Tommy K and a £4.5m profit every day of the week for me.

Didn't exactly work like that though if we are being honest as Mobray is on record saying he sold the goalie to buy Gallagher.

Then of course we had to endure a season of Walton making similar cock ups to Raya without the cat like point saving saves. 

I agree with Kaminsky being a good keeper and probably better for us because we aren't as good as Brentford. Doesn't alter what went before though and how we eventually ended up with him. We have a steady championship stopper now but Raya who wasn't rated here is now going to be a Prem number 1 probably.

Meanwhile our manager was busy lining up Steven Pears whilst the recruitment dept were bringing in Tommy K and the Greek lad. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Raya who wasn't rated here is now going to be a Prem number 1 probably.

Meanwhile our manager was busy lining up Steven Pears.

So much for Mowbray,s judgement on goalkeepers. Would expect Raya will have plenty to do in the coming season so we will find out just how good he is.

For what it's worth I think Raya will shine in the Premier league and get even better. I was absolutely gutted when we sold him for what I considered to be for peanuts. I'm delighted with Kaminski and I also think he is lower premier league quality.  But I would much rather that Raya was still with us. 

• Like 2

In the LET sounds like Douglas is fishing for another deal here after being released from Leeds. 

That would really sum up the club atm if he came back. he was utter garbage and is extremely lazy and unadventurous transfer policy. Bore off.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, benhben said:

In the LET sounds like Douglas is fishing for another deal here after being released from Leeds. 

That would really sum up the club atm if he came back. he was utter garbage and is extremely lazy and unadventurous transfer policy. Bore off.

Agreed. We've had enough 30+ year old players here lately happy to play out their remaining years in mid-table of the Championship as they know they aren't good enough to play at a higher level. Avoid.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rogerb said:

So much for Mowbray,s judgement on goalkeepers. Would expect Raya will have plenty to do in the coming season so we will find out just how good he is.

Thing is with him he spent a few seasons festering on our bench when he should have been out learning. Not Mowbrays fault but he threw him in and he did well in league 1 despite the odd cock up.

Then a step up to the championship exposed his dithering a bit but he was still a young relatively inexperienced guy for a keeper. I thought we needed someone steadier i'll readily admit but i wanted that to be alongside Raya. The lad had no direct competition and was being coached bu a novice who'd never played at much level as far as i know.

It was too soon to just throw in the towel and the irony we sold him for an initial modest fee to the club our gaffer claims he wants to emulate isn't lost on me.

I know it's any stick to beat the manager time but this remains a legit one to me. It's easy to say it turned out well in the end but it wasn't done for those reasons. It was done because Mowbray threw him under the bus and he reacted.

Simple as that really.

4 hours ago, benhben said:

Yep but it would be the easy lazy option again.

He's the type they now claim they are trying to move away from, he was another experiment last season that didn't work. So why waste 10k+ pwk and a several year deal on him ?

If Bell had played the entire season instead of him would it have made much difference ?  Probably not, that says it all.

There must be better out there for those wages if not cheaper.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, benhben said:

Douglas should not be given a contract at Rovers. His performances were awful here and did nothing to warrant a deal here. Pickering should be 1st choice here next season. 

• Like 2

I don't have time to read the fan minutes, but someone on FB says they're our now and confirm we are still under embargo until 30th June.

Anybody know if that's right? That would put us a few weeks behind most clubs, on top of the few weeks we are normally behind most clubs...

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't have time to read the fan minutes, but someone on FB says they're our now and confirm we are still under embargo until 30th June.

Anybody know if that's right? That would put us a few weeks behind most clubs, on top of the few weeks we are normally behind most clubs...

That's probably the least of our worries if you read the minutes 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Most players contracts won't start until the 1st July anyway? 

Mowbray should be at the club working on transfer targets straight away

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Most players contracts won't start until the 1st July anyway? 

Mowbray should be at the club working on transfer targets straight away

Transfer window opens June 9th? Freebies are already moving.

Just now, bluebruce said:

9. Transfer Embargo In the light of reports of a transfer embargo having been placed on the club MC stated that under EFL rules they had to submit accounts by 1st March and 2 year projections by 31st March and that they had done this. The EFL had some queries on the data which the club were working with them to clarify before 30th June when any full embargo would come into place. The owners had provided all the assurances asked by the EFL and the club were confident that everything would be resolved by 30th June

FF Zoom Minutes 18.5.21 copy (rovers.co.uk)

That reads like we aren't under 'full embargo' now but could be by June 30th. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

9. Transfer Embargo In the light of reports of a transfer embargo having been placed on the club MC stated that under EFL rules they had to submit accounts by 1st March and 2 year projections by 31st March and that they had done this. The EFL had some queries on the data which the club were working with them to clarify before 30th June when any full embargo would come into place. The owners had provided all the assurances asked by the EFL and the club were confident that everything would be resolved by 30th June

FF Zoom Minutes 18.5.21 copy (rovers.co.uk)

That reads like we aren't under 'full embargo' now but could be by June 30th. 

So actually more a case of, we best get some business done before June 30th just in case.

I don't care how confident Maggot,  like many I don't rate the man's competence or honesty.

• Like 2