BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

7 hours ago, benhben said:

In the LET sounds like Douglas is fishing for another deal here after being released from Leeds. 

That would really sum up the club atm if he came back. he was utter garbage and is extremely lazy and unadventurous transfer policy. Bore off.

Awful, awful player.

Unfortunately we've retained the services of Tony Mowbray so he'll continue to make awful signings as long as they fit the holiday camp culture he's established at the club. 

• Like 1

On 29/05/2021 at 12:05, davulsukur said:

I just couldn't see Wilshire working out for us at all. For the amount of money he'd want and the amount of games he'd play, it would be a serious waste of the wage budget.

So, expect him to sign shortly 🤔 

He'll also absolutely be another one of those London lads who can't live more than an hour away from the centre of the universe. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I don't have time to read the fan minutes, but someone on FB says they're our now and confirm we are still under embargo until 30th June.

Anybody know if that's right? That would put us a few weeks behind most clubs, on top of the few weeks we are normally behind most clubs...

From what has been said, we have until the 30th June to provide the figures, so that we do not go into embargo , from the 30th June. 

22 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I see Neil Taylor has left Villa.  He's not Premier league standard but is a steady championship left back.  Him and the mythical Pickering could be our 2 left backs.

I’d be all Over that signing and would try for mendez Laing on a free also

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

It was all being monitored and under review last time.

We still ended up in it though.

Sounds to me a bit like we might have tried to pull a Sheff Weds/Derby style accounts fiddle to stay out of FFP sanctions. Hopefully we get away with it like Derby, instead of going down due to it like Sheff Weds.

Although it could just be some routine accounting the league are misreading or being extra sceptical of due to the way others have circumvented their shit rules.

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

You think Armstrong is useless so I'll not.take your opinion seriously. 😁

No, I don't. Obviously. I just dont think he's perfect. Surprisingly. 

Fletcher, who you recommend, is a striker who doesn't score and is less mobile either Gallagher or Brereton. He's also Boro. I hope he's nowhere near our Z list. 

Honestly though, slagging aside, what do you like about him? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, I don't. Obviously. I just dont think he's perfect. Surprisingly. 

Fletcher, who you recommend, is a striker who doesn't score and is less mobile either Gallagher or Brereton. He's also Boro. I hope he's nowhere near our Z list. 

Come on, he's a class above those two  Get real.

Jerry Yates from Blackpool played very well today. Was impressed by his movement and his hold up play within the last few minutes before being subbed today

Could be ideal replacement for Armstrong if he sold. Whatever we recieve if we use to sign 2 strikers and then use the rest to improve other position like the centre midfield area

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jerry Yates from Blackpool played very well today. Was impressed by his movement and his hold up play within the last few minutes before being subbed today

Could be ideal replacement for Armstrong if he sold. Whatever we recieve if we use to sign 2 strikers and then use the rest to improve other position like the centre midfield area

Now they've gone up, he'd probably cost more than he's going to be worth to us for the gamble he represents.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why would he leave a team in the championship with a starting place and coherent manager for here?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

By being able to play football for a start.

Short memory you lad. 

You'd prefer Gally/BB instead of Fletcher, who just about to go Watford.  And you don't think AA is any good either....

All.a bit odd.

Surprised by that. Has looked rubbish from what I have seen. I suppose they do need English players and he's a free hit. 

The fact you have repeatedly dodged the question of why you think he is good is pretty intereting though. It's as if you can't answer it! 

His best season was 11 goals. Less than Gallagher scored the year we were relegated. That was by far his best season. He's about a 1 goal every 5 games striker. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

18 hours ago, bluebruce said:

So actually more a case of, we best get some business done before June 30th just in case.

I don't care how confident Maggot,  like many I don't rate the man's competence or honesty.

Important plot point this.

With everything needing sign off by Venkys, our transfer business will likely be last minute.

If an embargo hit it would be fantastic news for Mowbray and Waggott as once again they will feel blameless.

Fans will lap up the blame being put on Venkys, even implied, but a few weeks later will remember that “Venkys are keeping the club going” and all will be forgiven.

Meanwhile, experienced owners Venkys, who are not naïve and have learned so much over the last 10 years, are seemingly happy to put up with all of this.

If they really have learned and the want to be considered competent by fans (not that they care what we think) then they have to act.

Just reading those minutes would make competent owners squirm. Do they even see them?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Seen much of Pickering?

My cousin is a season ticket holder at Crewe. She’s gutted that they are losing Pickering to us. I know he’s been playing at a lower level but she’s convinced he’ll make the step up.

35 minutes ago, Ricky said:

My cousin is a season ticket holder at Crewe. She’s gutted that they are losing Pickering to us. I know he’s been playing at a lower level but she’s convinced he’ll make the step up.

He’ll have to be pretty bloody poor not to be an upgrade on the chuckle brothers from last season.

• Like 9

Will he fit the style of play here though that's the biggest question mark after the step up ?

Mowbray has a habit of signing players who don't fit what he';s trying to do then throwing that excuse into the mixer. Also there's the issue of coming all the way to Blackburn and being away from home to contend with.

Must be an hour each way after all !

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Surprised by that. Has looked rubbish from what I have seen. I suppose they do need English players and he's a free hit. 

The fact you have repeatedly dodged the question of why you think he is good is pretty intereting though. It's as if you can't answer it! 

His best season was 11 goals. Less than Gallagher scored the year we were relegated. That was by far his best season. He's about a 1 goal every 5 games striker. 

Sam Gallagher can't control the ball properly give me a break.  Shocking footballer and to use him as a standard then we are fucked.  You slagged Armstrong for games during the course of last season.

I suggest you go and have a word with yourself.  You clearly don't understand football.  Gallagher good, Armstrong shit in Bigdog world.

Your opinions are contaminated due to your previous silly remarks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sam Gallagher can't control the ball properly give me a break.  Shocking footballer and to use him as a standard then we are fucked.  You slagged Armstrong for games during the course of last season.

I suggest you go and have a word with yourself.  You clearly don't understand football.  Gallagher good, Armstrong shit in Bigdog world.

Your opinions are contaminated due to your previous silly remarks.

Again, you don't have an answer. Bizzare. So you are respoting to making up stuff like me thinking Armstrong is useless, when clearly the discussion was an adult one around his weaknesses. 

You are tying yourself in circles with lies so as not to back up your original assertion that Fletcher is somehow a good player. I would imagine you are the only one on the board who would be excited about signing him. Yet you can't even explain why you would 🤣 Comical. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Again, you don't have an answer. Bizzare. So you are respoting to making up stuff like me thinking Armstrong is useless, when clearly the discussion was an adult one around his weaknesses. 

You are tying yourself in circles with lies so as not to back up your original assertion that Fletcher is somehow a good player. I would imagine you are the only one on the board who would be excited about signing him. Yet you can't even explain why you would 🤣 Comical. 

Power, pace, good header, good technical and can control a football. 

Sadly we have nobody apart from your mate AA who have these qualities.

He's been unlucky with injuries...I also would have had Whatmore from Sunderland way before Boro signed him...I remember a lot on here say he was shit too...I stand by my opinion of Ashley Fletcher being a much better player than Sam Gallagher. 

Watford could have come in for Gallagher I suppose   🤣  

I'll leave it at that. 

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Power, pace, good header, good technical and can control a football. 

Sadly we have nobody apart from your mate AA who have these qualities.

He's been unlucky with injuries...I also would have had Whatmore from Sunderland way before Boro signed him...I remember a lot on here say he was shit too...I stand by my opinion of Ashley Fletcher being a much better player than Sam Gallagher. 

Watford could have come in for Gallagher I suppose   🤣  

I'll leave it at that. 

Are you talking about Ronaldo? Fair enough, looks shite to me. His goalscoring record is worse than Gallaghers, in better teams. 

Let's see how he goes with Watford. Just because they signed him, it doesn't mean he's any good. They don't have a 100% success rate with signings, you might be surprised to hear. 

Anyways, aren't you constantly blustering about Mowbray signing Boro lads? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel