BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We can't just jump to 2022 and say that we are losing them. Some will certainly sign new deals. Others will have to prove they are even worth keeping on. 

We aren't the only club in this position. Players have power in these situations. We can't just put a gun to their heads and makes them sign. 

Johnson is worth keeping around imo and do we know Benno is staying? 

The Ayala deal might not look tha bad yet. He's not old. Just needs to keep fit. 

They should already be getting signed up and done now, during the quiet months, to avoid problems next season like we've had this.

You say some will 'certainly' sign new deals? Will they? Will they even be offered new deals? If they are, will those offers be remotely good enough for good players who could get much more elsewhere?

We've been banging on about contracts now for months and yet only a couple of senior players have signed new deals since before Xmas. One was Dack, who I believe had virtually agreed a deal prior to his injury and that was 'on ice' until he made a recovery. The other was Bradley Johnson who probably had something in his last deal for an extra year. Then there's the year extensions on the others that have had to be activated in the absence of new long term deals being sorted.

Certainly seems to me there's an issue or inability at the club in getting new contracts sorted. And if that's the case what's the point in all this? What's the point in having an academy to develop players, persevering with them as they develop in the first team, attempts to build a squad, moans and groans about how hard life is and how unfair the rules are yet we can't even get our own house in order and can't secure what we have to protect our own assets.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Whilst I agree, the fact is I doubt many teams (outside of L2) have 6 of their starters out of contract in 1 seasons time. (Which would sell for £30m+ under long-term contracts.)

Nyambe, Lenihan, JRC, Rothwell, Brereton and Armstrong will not all resign, and we will be millions out of pocket as a result.

Do you think any of those 6 names have to prove themselves this season? 

But I agree, a Rovers player, without tinted glasses... I'm outta here. Why sign on for more Mowbray years? If we can see the iceberg as fans, you better believe players and their agents can.

I would be pretty sure that they do. 

But ya, with Mowbray as manager it's hardly a huge incentive to sign 

Being linked with SC Freiburg defender Chima Okoroji. 24-year old LB/CB who has both German and English nationality. Played for SC Paderborn on loan last season. Stoke, Blackburn, Dussldorf and some other German clubs all linked. Contract expires 2022. 

15 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Being linked with SC Freiburg defender Chima Okoroji. 24-year old LB/CB who has both German and English nationality. Played for SC Paderborn on loan last season. Stoke, Blackburn, Dussldorf and some other German clubs all linked. Contract expires 2022. 

Where is this from? A lot of links may suggest an active agent I suppose.

Content with Rankin Costello being signed up. Should have been an easy one, has done well enough without excelling and seems to be made of glass but definitely a player that is wise to get tied down for a few years.

I hope he is played further forward, not convinced on him defensively.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from? A lot of links may suggest an active agent I suppose.

Fussballeck, which one can only assume is a German news outlet. Also posted on Transfermarkt.De's blog and a few copy and pasted versions of the original article in other various foreign sites.

His boss from Freiburg is heading off to Fortuna Dusseldorf and fancies taking him, but there are rumours he wants a move to England.

Edited by JoeH

2 hours ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Whilst I agree, the fact is I doubt many teams (outside of L2) have 6 of their starters out of contract in 1 seasons time. (Which would sell for £30m+ under long-term contracts.)

Nyambe, Lenihan, JRC, Rothwell, Brereton and Armstrong will not all resign, and we will be millions out of pocket as a result.

Do you think any of those 6 names have to prove themselves this season? 

But I agree, a Rovers player, without tinted glasses... I'm outta here. Why sign on for more Mowbray years? If we can see the iceberg as fans, you better believe players and their agents can.

Well that's one signed up! 

You can now move JRC up to 2024. Still incredibly worrying the lack of players in our green square there. Grant Bradley Dack would be in there in a season without long-term injury, and perhaps Lewis Travis too - but only just. 

920291051_RoversSquadAgevsPlayTimeGraphic202021(1).thumb.png.99470eaf403f90ba732adf9e674e6a92.png

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

You can now move JRC up to 2024. Still incredibly worrying the lack of players in our green square there. Grant Bradley Dack would be in there in a season without long-term injury, and perhaps Lewis Travis too - but only just. 

920291051_RoversSquadAgevsPlayTimeGraphic202021(1).thumb.png.99470eaf403f90ba732adf9e674e6a92.png

This diagram only serves to highlight how poor my knowledge is of our squad numbers at the moment 😅

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Someone who can play both CB and LB to a decent level would be very handy. Assuming he can do both reasonably well, that is.

44 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Why would Travis only just fit in there without injuries? He plays pretty much every game he is available and fit enough for.