BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Why would Travis only just fit in there without injuries? He plays pretty much every game he is available and fit enough for.

ie. He’d be right at the bottom of the square because his long term deal is the shorter end of long.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Exactly! So a free agent with his quality with no fee required will be even more in demand! 

You seemingly have reverted so inevitably quickly from regularly stating your disdain towards Mowbray to now implying that a very good Championship player may come to us simply because he can work with Mowbray!

Our financial clout isnt going to get him!

My Disdain towards Mowbray is still there and I still believe he should have been sacked by now. How many more times do I need to same this? Its gets boring to be honest keep repeating the same thing every time. But Players might have different opinion on Mowbray to us fans. Ever thought of that one. 

I would say thats most championship clubs don't have the financial clout anymore. Most clubs are the same but just look at how well clubs like Barnsley or Luton don't have financial clout but finished higher than we did in the league. Look at Stoke as example of a massive wage bill and they only finished one place higher than us. 

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Mo Besic and Josh King available on free transfers along with Theo Walcott...

Not a chance. Wages would be massive problem here

Joe Bennett left back at Cardiff available on a free.

no thanks. We have our first choice left back now in Pickering and we need a left back who can cover centre back area maybe?

Take Ismael and let him bring Mowatt with him to Rovers...then build for promotion!

Do we have the squad to play the way Ismael has at Barnsley since joining them? 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Being linked with SC Freiburg defender Chima Okoroji. 24-year old LB/CB who has both German and English nationality. Played for SC Paderborn on loan last season. Stoke, Blackburn, Dussldorf and some other German clubs all linked. Contract expires 2022. 

Joe, Do you have any stats on him from the various sites you used? 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

JRC new deal to 2024 done

Delighted with this one. I think JRC will become a key player over the coming seasons and he needs to play forward whether its wide left or right. No reason for him to be play at right back with Nyambe and Pike for their spots

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Joe, Do you have any stats on him from the various sites you used? 

Delighted with this one. I think JRC will become a key player over the coming seasons and he needs to play forward whether its wide left or right. No reason for him to be play at right back with Nyambe and Pike for their spots

Don't know anything about him. Andy Watson has watched some Paderborn this year and said he's steady. Will watch some of his games on Sunday if I have time and see, but get the feeling he'd be 3rd choice CB/2nd choice LB kind of material. A younger Derrick Williams for the squad is the vibe I'm getting but that's a stab in the dark.

36 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

😉🙌

Only Lenihan Nyambe, Rothwell, Brereton and Armstrong to go. 

Good news 👍 though JRC was probably max 5th highest priority on that list.

Not too bothered about Rothwell tbh. Flatters to deceive a lot and gets over credited for his occasional moments of brilliance. 

I would imagine from that list Lenihan and Brereton will be next to sign. The other 2 are the ones I wouldn't be so sure about 

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not too bothered about Rothwell tbh. Flatters to deceive a lot and gets over credited for his occasional moments of brilliance. 

Trouble is, none of our other midfielders are capable of his ",occasional" moments.  Mowbray should keep him and try make those moments "frequent"

If he and AA go, Elliot gone too...where are the goals coming from?

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Trouble is, none of our other midfielders are capable of his ",occasional" moments.  Mowbray should keep him and try make those moments "frequent"

I don't know if Mowbray is capable of that, but Rothwell has never been consistent. If you look at his career stats, games played, assists, goals scored, it's pretty poor. Many games bypass him. Rothwell scored 3 goals this season. I wouldn't put him in the same category as the 2 you mention. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Or perhaps Rothwell himself could stop running into blind alleys, passing to opponents five yards away, putting crosses into the Riverside and shooting weakly straight at the keeper. But I will grant you his runs are good. Which clubs have joined the chase for him?

8 hours ago, JoeH said:

You can now move JRC up to 2024. Still incredibly worrying the lack of players in our green square there. Grant Bradley Dack would be in there in a season without long-term injury, and perhaps Lewis Travis too - but only just. 

920291051_RoversSquadAgevsPlayTimeGraphic202021(1).thumb.png.99470eaf403f90ba732adf9e674e6a92.png

Love this graph! Shows our predicament very well. 

11 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Or perhaps Rothwell himself could stop running into blind alleys, passing to opponents five yards away, putting crosses into the Riverside and shooting weakly straight at the keeper. But I will grant you his runs are good. Which clubs have joined the chase for him?

When you have someone who can do what the majority of others can't,  you keep him, you nurture him and bring out the best in him consistently.   

The lad has been played in different positions, left out, put back in.....Mowbray doesn't like skilful players, he ain't got a clue where to play them.  Rothwell needs a proper manager to bring the  best out of him.

18 hours ago, JoeH said:

Being linked with SC Freiburg defender Chima Okoroji. 24-year old LB/CB who has both German and English nationality. Played for SC Paderborn on loan last season. Stoke, Blackburn, Dussldorf and some other German clubs all linked. Contract expires 2022. 

Blackburn Rovers consider Bundesliga II left back option | Lancashire Telegraph

Looks like there's something in this. He's been offered to Rovers and has a British passport. 

48 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

The lad has been played in different positions, left out, put back in.....Mowbray doesn't like skilful players, he ain't got a clue where to play them.  Rothwell needs a proper manager to bring the  best out of him.

Bradley Dack. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Dolan, Elliott, JRC, Arma...

Imagine a junior football coach viewing our squad as completely “un-skilful..!”

Worrying..

Dolan...skilfull but by no means an established pro...jury out 

Elliot - not ours and the last half of the season wasn't even played.....gone

JRC - not an established pro..jury out

Arma - Blessed with pace, a pace less Armstrong wouldn't even be at Leage 1 level....going

Don't worry about me mate...💪 worry about our relegation battle coming up

Edited by Sparks Rover

17 minutes ago, neophox said:

Armstrong, Gallagher

Brereton, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello

Travis

Pickering, Ayala, Lenihan, Nyambe

Kaminski

This is the team with the fit players we have at the moment that would start a game for me.

In a 1 4 1 3 2 formation?

31 minutes ago, neophox said:

Armstrong, Gallagher

Brereton, Rothwell, Rankin-Costello

Travis

Pickering, Ayala, Lenihan, Nyambe

Kaminski

This is the team with the fit players we have at the moment that would start a game for me.

I'd start Carter ahead of Ayala or Wharton if he is ready.  Got to back the young lads with league experience to start. Ayala is a problem waiting to happen I'd rather he on the bench for emergency.

Carter gets goals aswell by the look of it...he's scored more league goals than most of our team

10 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd start Carter ahead of Ayala or Wharton if he is ready.  Got to back the young lads with league experience to start. Ayala is a problem waiting to happen I'd rather he on the bench for emergency.

Carter gets goals aswell by the look of it...he's scored more league goals than most of our team

Except for Buckley eh 😉

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Except for Buckley eh 😉

He's been here and my opinion is he isn't a Championship midfielder.  I'd like to see the others. Wharton looked very comfortable before his injury and we played well with him in the team.

Can't say the same about Bucko..we.lose if he starts sadly. Out of his depth.

Maybe see if JFH would take Bucko on loan.😅 If Carter is good enough for him he's good enough for me 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1