BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

He's been here and my opinion is he isn't a Championship midfielder.  I'd like to see the others. Wharton looked very comfortable before his injury and we played well with him in the team.

Can't say the same about Bucko..we.lose if he starts sadly. Out of his depth.

Maybe see if JFH would take Bucko on loan.😅 If Carter is good enough for him he's good enough for me 

How's Mols getting on? Has he found a club yet after being released by our U23's? You rated him higher than Bucko so he should be rocking up in a Championship clubs first team soon. Keep us updated 🤣

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

How's Mols getting on? Has he found a club yet after being released by our U23's? You rated him higher than Bucko so he should be rocking up in a Championship clubs first team soon. Keep us updated 🤣

All about opinions mate....you seem.to like taking the piss out of mine.  Good on you.👍 

7 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Just not true.

QPR (H) he started, we won.
Rotherham (H) he started, we won.
Brentford (A) he did 52 minutes on the field, we drew.
Millwall (A) he started, we won.
Swansea (H) he started, we drew.
Norwich (A) he started, we drew.
Birmingham (H) he started, we won.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

All about opinions mate....you seem.to like taking the piss out of mine.  Good on you.👍 

Bit sensitive lad considering you spend most days on here slagging the same player off and claiming you 'have' better 15 years old. Stop talking shite and maybe you wouldn't have the piss taken out of you. 

• Like 1

Just now, JoeH said:

Just not true.

QPR (H) he started, we won.
Rotherham (H) he started, we won.
Brentford (A) he did 52 minutes on the field, we drew.
Millwall (A) he started, we won.
Swansea (H) he started, we drew.
Norwich (A) he started, we drew.
Birmingham (H) he started, we won.

3 games and the one we're brum had gone to the beach.  

Ok mate you think he's great I think he's shit. Let's leave it at that and move on..perhaps he will prove me wrong 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Bit sensitive lad considering you spend most days on here slagging the same player off and claiming you 'have' better 15 years old. Stop talking shite and maybe you wouldn't have the piss taken out of you. 

I have 2 lads who I would back one on one against Buckley evrrytime. One just turned 16 actually and will be a scholar at Liverpool.  Fine if you think it's bullshit.

Let's leave it at that.👍

37 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He's been here and my opinion is he isn't a Championship midfielder.  I'd like to see the others. Wharton looked very comfortable before his injury and we played well with him in the team.

Maybe see if JFH would take Bucko on loan.😅 If Carter is good enough for him he's good enough for me 

I think it could go either way with Buckley. I have seen more from him recently than I thought he had in his locker. For a long time he was stinking the joint up when he played and people were clinging to any decent pass like it vindicated everything bad. 

I would be interested to see how he would be treated under a different manager. 

I hope he's in the gym this summer working on his strength. It feels like he will be starting next season 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Interesting to see the German 2nd division defender story has legs. Harvey Elliott rumours circulating also.

All we need now is to keep Armstrong and we’ll be just as bad as we were last season.

But everyone will say it’s been a great window.

Genuis really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Think Rothwell will sign a new contract... Holtby´s gone and Dack injured. He is the player for the 10th role. Behind the strikers.

A lot of comments remind me of what people said about Tom cairney. A lot of the managers mismanagement reminds me of how cairney was shunted around and never developed when it was clear to see the talent he had .Another gem I was sad to see leave . If rothwell leaves and for example went to Barnsley . He could be the next player been touted for the prem. Another reason I consistently say I have no idea who plays where, what our best 11 is and what ability the players actually have. Until we get proper management and coaches in place it will forever be. I hope rothwell stays. He is well worth a place In the squad on the ability he has shown already. He might be average, he could be the next cairney. Sadly we will never know until he does leave

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 8

Pleasantly surprised to see rumours that we are looking into taking Elliot back, but taking it with a massive pinch of salt at present. He would probably have the pick of the whole division next year if available, so I doubt that our brownie points with Liverpool would put us at the front of the queue. 

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Pleasantly surprised to see rumours that we are looking into taking Elliot back, but taking it with a massive pinch of salt at present. He would probably have the pick of the whole division next year if available, so I doubt that our brownie points with Liverpool would put us at the front of the queue. 

I'd be off to Rangers if I were him.  Champions League football and I bet Gerrard would take him on loan.  He needs a step up from Benno, Bucko and Gally

17 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

A lot of comments remind me of what people said about Tom cairney. A lot of the managers mismanagement reminds me of how cairney was shunted around and never developed when it was clear to see the talent he had .Another gem I was sad to see leave . If rothwell leaves and for example went to Barnsley . He could be the next player been touted for the prem. Another reason I consistently say I have no idea who plays where, what our best 11 is and what ability the players actually have. Until we get proper management and coaches in place it will forever be. I hope rothwell stays. He is well worth a place In the squad on the ability he has shown already. He might be average, he could be the next cairney. Sadly we will never know until he does leave

Rothwell has played all season centrally to be fair, and still is a 1 in 10 player. Not sure if he can hide behind being "shunted around" at all last season. Cairney not only never got a full season centrally, but was also performing at a much higher level than Rothwell ever has despite that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dolan...skilfull but by no means an established pro...jury out 

Elliot - not ours and the last half of the season wasn't even played.....gone

JRC - not an established pro..jury out

Arma - Blessed with pace, a pace less Armstrong wouldn't even be at Leage 1 level....going

Don't worry about me mate...💪 worry about our relegation battle coming up

So why is the jury out on Dolan and JRC but not rothwell? For me they’ve shown a lot of promise. Anyway your argument was that TM doesn’t like skilful players or know how to use them. The players listed above show that (just like every other manager) he does try to bring skilful players to the club and develop the ones we already have. Case closed 😂 

edit... and I forgot to list Dack, probably the most technically gifted player we’ve had since the prem, and a player that TM brought to the club and developed. 

Edited by The Hypnotic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

So why is the jury out on Dolan and JRC but not rothwell? For me they’ve shown a lot of promise. Anyway your argument was that TM doesn’t like skilful players or know how to use them. The players listed above show that (just like every other manager) he does try to bring skilful players to the club and develop the ones we already have. Case closed 😂 

edit... and I forgot to list Dack, probably the most technically gifted player we’ve had since the prem, and a player that TM brought to the club and developed. 

My argument was that he doesn't know how to use them really.  Look at where we finished?  But you can support Mowbray if you like, I want him gone and replaced with a better manager.

On Dolan.  The jury is definitely out. And the other one.JRC.  You can't say they are established championship players,

Edited by Sparks Rover

On 10/05/2021 at 07:03, callumrovers said:

Rovers are after Ben Sheaf. Dont know alot about him. Currently on loan from Arsenal at Coventry. Young, CM, keeps the ball ticking over.  Played 29 times this season in the champ before getting injured, now fit but Coventry wont play him as agreement in place that they will pay a fee to take him perm when he hits a certain amount of apperances. Contract expries May 2021. Potential free transfer, young, cheapish wages, championship experience.

Room for growth.

@JoeH

On the Rothwell chat, I was absolutely bewildered for the love he got in his first two seasons (still am). However even though he doesn't have great numbers this year, undeniably he's improved and seems more mature in decision making. This season really he has predominantly played box to box, whereas previous seasons we largely saw him out wide or occasionally attacking mid. I think the positional change has done him well, his range of passing has improved, decision making is still not there but it's far better than it was. Box to box midfield play is not strictly around numbers it's about influencing and dictating. Whilst he still was inconsistent the old Rothwell would be useless when not on the ball, now he's matured in his tracking back and tempo. We absolutely should try and extend his stay.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Rothwell has played all season centrally to be fair, and still is a 1 in 10 player. Not sure if he can hide behind being "shunted around" at all last season. Cairney not only never got a full season centrally, but was also performing at a much higher level than Rothwell ever has despite that.

Agreed.  He still has enough IMO to be kept in the squad and my personal belief is a good manager would turn that 1-10 into a far more consistent performer and more complete footballer. The ability is their . I’m not saying he would be the next Tom cairney but he has a lot more to offer than he currently does . Whether it be runs in the team , man management or coaching

• Like 1